MFI Controller... where are you?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by toddfsu, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Kronusdark

Kronusdark Member

Dec 16, 2010
    iOS Developer
    I kind of like my Gameloft Controller. I wish it worked with the iOS7 API's.

2. toddfsu

toddfsu Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    After seeing these designs, does anyone know if iOS7 MFI Controller can only use the lightning port, and not Bluetooth?

Lightning port only really changes things. I was thinking one day I would prop up my iPad, turn on a Bluetooth controller and play. But if it has to be plugged in... I am disappoint.

3. PresidentZer0

PresidentZer0 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2012
    the thing that really pisses me off is that gameloft doenst seem to give a shit about mfi.

"I can't speak for all games, but I can tell you that it isn't likely that controller support will be added for MC4. As for MC5, there will be support for SOME controllers, but it's too early to tell for the MFi GameController specifically."

they have many great mobile games that would even be better with controller support. The API is so easy to handle but yet gameloft sits on their lazy asses...

4. Yeah that would be great if there was someway the Gameloft duo gamer could work as an ios 7 joystick.

So sad, christmas is here, and no detached bluetooth joystick.

One year lost.