Universal Eyelord from Secret Exit

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Frand, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

#1 Frand, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2013

Eyelord

Secret Exit Ltd.
    "Eyelord is simply the best marble shooter you can get on iOS right now" - AppAdvice.com "delight and disgust in equal …
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "Eyelord is simply the best marble shooter you can get on iOS right now" - AppAdvice.com "delight and disgust in equal measure" - Pocket Gamer, Silver Award "triple-A quality production" - TUAW.com The overloading, eye-popping, heavy rocking pop 'em up! It's ear-splitting loud, retina-burning bright, and finger-breaking frantic. The soundtrack is outrageous heavy rock opera recorded just for this game, and the power-ups are some of the most megalithic ever! Our lightning strikes THREE TIMES! (Take that, you wimpy, wussy, regular lightning bolts!) There are also leaderboards so you can show others how well you wield ultimate power, boost gear that makes you rock even harder, and power-up upgrades to take destruction up to eleven. Finally, there are no spitting frogs in this game. None. Eyelord is a universal app that supports all iOS devices from iPhone 3GS and up, running iOS 5 or newer.
    Information
    Seller:Secret Exit Ltd.
    Genre:Action, Puzzle
    Release:Oct 20, 2012
    Updated:Sep 12, 2017
    Version:1.6.6
    Size:74.8 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (14)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Game website

And the soundtrack for your pleasure:
    "A Waiting Chamber"
    "The Lost Guide"

Eyelord is a combination of pop 'em up and heavy rock opera. The gameplay is remotely similar to the game with rolling marbles and a spitting frog, but absolutely without the frog, and with added over-the-top polish and audiovisual awesomeness.

As said before, the game is universal, with support for all devices from 3GS up, including retina iPads and iPhone5 screens. (And it rocks.)

And some screenshots:

[​IMG]
    The new powerup "Red Reign" in action.

[​IMG]
    Note my current nemesis in the bottom right corner. The Game Center mugshot will be used if the user has uploaded one. If not, then a skull is used.

[​IMG]
    He's not my nemesis any longer! :)
    Also it's alright to go 'ooh' at the new pyro effects!

2. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Screenies and info added to OP.

3. unexpect3rd

unexpect3rd Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Mobile Game Developer (Fulltime as well as indie)
    Singapore
    I'll keep an eye out for it :p

4. lightningfast

lightningfast Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    London
    hmm... not my cup of tea but good luck with it.

5. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

OP now updated with trailer and soundtrack, we're getting closer to release!

6. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Wow! This actually looks good enough to make me want to try another marble popper game and that is saying something!

7. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Much appreciated!

We played a bunch of marble poppers on touch devices, and frankly they all seemed to try to adapt the mouse-originated gameplay of the original into touch form. It seemed like the wrong approach, and so the biggest difference in Eyelord (aside from the presentation) is the core control mechanic. The one we implemented just seems to make much more sense.

The controls also lead to a rather different balance in gameplay, you'll find Eyelord a more fast-paced and elastic experience than what's usually common in the genre. There's a reason why we prefer to call this game a "pop 'em up" instead of a marble popper :)

8. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

9. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Hmm, it's free?! :eek:

What's the catch? IAPs for more levels I guess?

10. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Boosts, upgrades and other items via in-game currency that can also be acquired by playing. No paywalls of any kind.

11. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Eyelord [Marble Popping Rock Opera by Secret Exit]

Eyelord

Secret Exit Ltd.
    "Eyelord is simply the best marble shooter you can get on iOS right now" - AppAdvice.com "delight and disgust in equal …
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "Eyelord is simply the best marble shooter you can get on iOS right now" - AppAdvice.com "delight and disgust in equal measure" - Pocket Gamer, Silver Award "triple-A quality production" - TUAW.com The overloading, eye-popping, heavy rocking pop 'em up! It's ear-splitting loud, retina-burning bright, and finger-breaking frantic. The soundtrack is outrageous heavy rock opera recorded just for this game, and the power-ups are some of the most megalithic ever! Our lightning strikes THREE TIMES! (Take that, you wimpy, wussy, regular lightning bolts!) There are also leaderboards so you can show others how well you wield ultimate power, boost gear that makes you rock even harder, and power-up upgrades to take destruction up to eleven. Finally, there are no spitting frogs in this game. None. Eyelord is a universal app that supports all iOS devices from iPhone 3GS and up, running iOS 5 or newer.
    Information
    Seller:Secret Exit Ltd.
    Genre:Action, Puzzle
    Release:Oct 20, 2012
    Updated:Sep 12, 2017
    Version:1.6.6
    Size:74.8 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (14)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

YouTube: video

12. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Would the mods prefer to migrate the thread that already exists on the upcoming games forum?

13. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    This is nice. Not sure how I feel about the IAP yet (need to play more), but the gameplay is intense. You just tap where you want your eyeball (marble) to go, but to compensate for the easier control, the chains move very fast. It's definitely a bit of a different experience from any other marble popper I've played on iOS. And the theme/soundtrack definitely create a unique atmosphere.

14. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    What an interesting take on the bubble popper genre! This is a fun game but the sound and visuals totally put it over the top. I will most likely enhance my game play and reward the developers with the coin doubler purchase.

15. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    #15 slamraman, Oct 20, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
    Another Saturday surprise. Fast paced bubble popping. Should in theory be rubbish but is in actual fact bl**dy magic. Music fits the game perfectly. Well spotted.

The only real IAP I can see is the coin doubler (which i bought). Everything else seems to come from playing. I have to say that I am properly enjoying this.

16. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Now that the game is out, would a mod please migrate this thread over to the other forum and merge with the thread that's been started there? Having the OP to edit as the developer is extremely useful when discussing future updates etc.

17. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Yeah I got the doubler too. The game is addictive. There is IAP for coins, which can also be earned playing. Coins can be spent on permanent upgrades, but also one time use powerups. That last part is where many games to wrong. I haven't played enough yet to know how hard it will be to earn coins endgame to get a full complement of powerups, but I have played enough to know the game is awesome :p so I bought the doubler and am hoping for the best with that other stuff.

18. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    This has everything that, say, Dalton 2 et al, doesn't. It's so fast it hurts. I hate this kind of music in real life - cawk rawk - but it suits this to perfection. Great game. Waking up a tired formula.

19. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    No, just a horribly unbalanced reward system clearly designed to push you into buying IAP.

20. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Great game so far and it is optimized for iPhone 5 (yes!). Graphics, animations, sound fx and soundtrack are really polished.

I bought the x2 coins IAP (which is always nice to see) and maybe I’ll buy some coins just to unlock a bit more earlier and to support the developer of course. Right now I’m playing it more than the average so I think $4* for it is fair!

*x2 + some coins IAP