[ 5 PROMO CODES ] / Speed of Time \ - Review a minimalist Arcade Racing game

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Orange Parallax, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Thanks cloudpuff.
    I await your opinion to decide on a purchase since you took the plunge.
    Thanks!

2. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    I haven't played impossible road, so I can't speak to that. I did love unpossible, but it's not like that, except for the track which you can fall off of. I didn't understand the controls or the objective or maybe both? I couldn't figure out how to jump through the hoops or if I was suppose to jump through the hoops and my run kept cutting short. Way short. I guess if you don't make it through enough hoops in an allotted time, it's game over? I couldn't get into this and had to to make room for some larger games this week and unfortunately deleted it. I was reluctant to leave any feedback, but maybe someone else had a better experience, with more insight as to how and what to do to play this game.

3. Orange Parallax

Aug 22, 2014
    developer
    Canada
    Hello,

first, sorry if I my game doesn't look obvious for you...

So let me help you, and maybe other players:
    Basically the controls are identical to a game like impossible road(or unpossible touch screen controls): you just touch left or right side of the screen to move(<=> change your direction), but you also have, the possibility to brake (very important !), if you touch(and hold) the both side at the same time.
    You can boost your speed, if you stay on the orange part(at center) of the track..

The main challenge is to jump through rings/hoops (as you have guessed !), to score, but also to extend your limited play time(that gives you 5 extra seconds). To achieve this goal, you just have to stay on the road, and jump over the springboards(the grey shape/block on the road), which are always in front of the rings.

I hope it can help you !

Best

4. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Ok I've played a canny bit now, I'd say it's not an impossible road clone but it does have similarities in that you need to keep the ball on the track, you've got to jump through hoops to keep your speed up, but to do this you need to hit ramps to get the air and sometimes you need to hit the breaks in order to hit the ramps. If you go a certain distance without going through hoops it's game over so you need to judge when to brake.

Controls are intuitive and work well, tap each side to steer and both sides at once to brake. I like it and if you like impossible road then you'll probably enjoy this too.

5. Orange Parallax

Aug 22, 2014
    developer
    Canada
    Thanks a lot cloudpuff, for your very honest feedback !

It matches Reviews and Ratings of the US appstore, which are also good: 4/5 stars ! :)

Thanks !

6. Orange Parallax

Aug 22, 2014
    developer
    Canada
    #26 Orange Parallax, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
    Andoid

Hello,

What users say:
    "Fast action and challenging"
    "Super fun"
    "Unpossible Meets Impossible Road "
    "Amazing endless arcade game!"

Considering that the ios users reviews are very good (>4/5 stars) , I decided to build an android version, now available worldwide !

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.OrangeParallax.SpeedOfTime

This version, also includes, the improvements coming in the next ios update...

7. Orange Parallax

Aug 22, 2014
    developer
    Canada
    New update 1.10

Hello,

Here are the improvements

- Slight general light fx enhacement
    - New kind of obstacle(Fan) for far runners !
    - Improve night rendering
    - Add a 'Max Speed' leadboard
    - Auto slow down on road borders
    - More informations/Tips
    - Add 3 ramps infront the first ring
    - Time incrementation sound
    - Fix some UI display