List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I think I posted the link for that one a couple of pages back. I hate sounding cheap when we're talking just $5, but that's my biggest obstacle at this point. Since I'm not familiar with that developer's work, I'd rather wait until the title goes on sale. Of course my other fear is that it's not really going to be much of a game (I think back to the FMV games of the late 80s).

2. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    That's exactly my thinking. Would rather save my money for small developers that do good games. There's a few due out soon so I will save my dish for them

3. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    City of Fog by BFG is currently on sale. Quite good but stuck

4. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Bah Humbug to the lack of iPhone Wednesday release. I cannot for the life of me figure out Big Fish's release scheduling.

5. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Me either. I don't want to sound mean, but I'm beginning to think they have a bunch of monkeys in a back room randomly pushing big "release" buttons.

6. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I'm not sure what the big deal is re: Myst....I thought that came out ages ago. I played that on the PC when it first came out and loves it. However, that was ages ago before so many great adventure games were released. I wouldn't have the patience to play that again.

7. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I believe this version allows open travel anywhere in realtime.

8. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    :)

All they need is a bunch of keyboards and a Shakespeare to English dictionary!

9. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
  10. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Great game though I am finding the puzzles pretty challenging as most of them seem to be ones I'm horrible at.

It doesn't seem as though BFG has a regular schedule for releases. I just go to the App store everyday and check all the recent game releases.

11. FeNoMeN

FeNoMeN Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    HOW? game is not out yet..:confused:

12. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    One of the perks of being a reviewer. I get my hands on games early sometimes, especially from certain developers / publishers.

13. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Here's an interesting looking upcoming game: Return To Castlerama. I know it's billed as an FPS, but it appears that it focuses more on exploring than anything else, as there is only one brief clip in the 2+ minute video that contains combat. It could be rather fun, and the visuals are certainly incredible.

14. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Keeping my eye out for this one

15. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    New in Canadian app store today

Cursed memories: the secret of Agony Creek CE

16. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    I think I have quite a lot of adventure games but currently I have 99c. Is there a nice game which you would recommend? Hopefully ipad friendly (but for 99c, I don't hold much hope).

17. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Eric posted a bit back about some Anuman/Microids games going on sale as well as the Naked Gun game. With 7k games, it is probably pretty hard to find something new!

18. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Thanks but yeah I do have most of the anuman games. I missed the Naked Gun game though, looks pretty interesting. If there is nothing else, I will likely get this.

19. Oh wow, that looks incredible. I hope it's as vast and open world as the video makes it seem.
    The only thing is, it seems like you might be taking a relaxing tour of the castle grounds, looking for clues, when some monsters can pop out at you? Guess we'll have to wait and see how the combat fits into the game.

20. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    I started on Weird Park (saw the recommendation back a couple pages) finally today, played it in an entire sitting, was close to finish but my ipad couldn't stand the 'abuse'. It's pretty good and I hope they come out with a sequel considering the no. of 5 stars.

However, to those who tried it. Is it just me or what? I feel that after the portal, there are a lot more hidden item searches every couple steps than puzzles compared to before the portal (in the park). Also the strategy guide sometimes show stuff that don't appear on my end. But it may be a fluke since I rarely check it (honest!).