Chance to win 3 $15 iTunes Gift Cards...

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by MarcJay, Oct 13, 2012.

1. MarcJay

MarcJay Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2012
    California
    #1 MarcJay, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
    Hey everyone,

We just released our debut game, Operation Smoochy, for purchase on the AppStore at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/operation-smoochy/id555651007?mt=8 for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.

Operation Smoochy is inspired by my beloved Boston Terrier, Smoochy, and the premise of the game is simple, but the levels themselves are quite challenging: Roxy and the puppies have been captured by the evil monsters. Get revenge by using Smoochy to blast your way through hordes of zombies, killer clowns and frankensteins using a combination of reflex and skill.

Whether it's power-ups, like the triple barreled biscuit shotgun, toilet paper catapult, exploding dog food can blaster or other cool weapons; the ability to unlock bonus levels for superior gameplay; or more than twenty achievements, Operation Smoochy offers hours of replay value.

I was trying to think of a cool contest where I could reward users for actually playing the game and make it more of a fun competition, rather than a drawing to be held at some future date or about bribing people for good reviews. How about:

(1) The 1st person to post a screenshot of the "Act 1 Level Select Screen: Zombie City" showing AT LEAST one star in all of the individual levels (NOT bonus levels) gets a $15 gift card (just takes one star per level; not 3).

(2) The 1st person to post a screenshot of the "Act 2 Level Select Screen: Clown Town" showing AT LEAST one star in all of the individual levels (NOT bonus levels) gets a $15 gift card (just takes one star per level; not 3).

(3) The 1st person to post a screenshot of the "Act 3 Level Select Screen: Frank's Castle" showing AT LEAST one star in all of the individual levels (NOT bonus levels) gets a $15 gift card (just takes one star per level; not 3).

I guess one person could win all three iTunes Gift Cards and take home $45.

The game is fun, but challenging and will take some time. I'm open to trying to think of other cool contests as well so lemme know your thoughts. Good luck and let the games begin!

Btw, our game trailer can be found at http://www.youtube.com/OperationSmoochy.

Also, please follow us on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/OperationSmoochy and twitter at @OpSmoochy.

We're having stickers and tshirts made and will be offering them for free via facebook/twitter contests soon.

Thanks for your time. I appreciate it and hope you like the game!

2. bem69

bem69 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    #2 bem69, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
    Here's Act 1 with at least 1 star. The game is quite fun, but challenging. I like it :D

[​IMG]

3. MarcJay

Oct 12, 2012
    California
    Wow! Great job bem69! I'm going to go to bed, but send me your details to [email protected] and I'll send you the card tomorrow. You dont have to, but I'd love to hear your thoughts as well if you don't mind emailing them to me with your details. I'm always down for some constructive criticism. Hope you enjoyed the game...I sense you're going for stars on act 2 and 3 so good luck! If you want me to send you a few stickers when they come out next week (supposedly arriving on Tuesday) lemme know. Thanks for playing!

4. bem69

bem69 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Thanks! its a great game, but to get 3 stars will have to take more time for me lol. I got Act 2 screenshot here as well :)

[​IMG]

5. MarcJay

Oct 12, 2012
    California
    OK. Couldn't fall asleep yet. ;) Loving that you're enjoying the game, getting 1 star on individual levels and still finding it challenging. 3 stars is pretty tricky (although i promise doable on each level) and the bonus levels are pretty cool/fun, IMO. They get longer/have more of a bonus vibe. You seem to be the type of gamer I'm looking for so it's good to find you. I sense you're getting 3 gift cards tomorrow....although mini franks and lighting in act 3 are my fav/a little tricky. Act 3 bonus levels are my favorite, so after you take all my money, if you ever wind up going back and playing the rest of the levels, I'd love some feedback. The bonus levels will take some time, but I think worth it. Thanks again for playing! I'm gonna have to think of a new contest now. ;)

6. bem69

bem69 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Haha yeah, I left my impressions in the email. Hope it helps. I'll try out the bonus levels, thats for sure. :)

7. MarcJay

Oct 12, 2012
    California
    Great job, Bem69! I got your email (thanks for the kind words and I'm really glad you're enjoying the game), responded and already emailed you 2 $15 gift cards! Please let me know if you didn't receive the cards. $30 given away already and $15 left up for grabs for the gamer who can get 1 star in the individual levels in Act 3: Frank's Castle! GAME ON!

I'm also going to add a new contest for another gift card so keep an eye out. :)

8. bem69

bem69 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Hi Marc, I received the card, thanks for the prompt prize-giving :D Here's my Act 3 screenshot!

[​IMG]

9. MarcJay

Oct 12, 2012
    California
    Well done bem69! Feels like John Malkovich at the end of Rounders.."Give that man his money." :) Since I'm not smart enough to figure out how to send you a $15 gift card instantly...I made it $20 instead. Thanks for playing!

10. bem69

bem69 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Thanks very much Marc! Appreciate it, and thanks for the awesome contest!