Create a app within 24 hours - "Bad Flappy"

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Riche@JustAnApp, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Riche@JustAnApp

Riche@JustAnApp New Member

Feb 25, 2014
  2. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Another dev on the bandwagon... All aboard the gravy train! :rolleyes:

3. Riche@JustAnApp

Feb 25, 2014
    Hi Mene! Not really - it's a freetime project here, we have done this within one night, and we have had a lot of fun creating it ;)

4. suppoman

suppoman Active Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Well done, it's good.

Highest score is 25, currently no1 in the world :)

5. Riche@JustAnApp

Feb 25, 2014
    Cant see your score in my gamecenter :( weird

6. simpleinteractive

simpleinteractive Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2013
    London
    Wow that's insanely impressive, well done! Looks a lot more polished than Flappy Bird as well!

7. Riche@JustAnApp

Feb 25, 2014
    Thanks, simpleinteractive. would be nice, if you rate the app ;)

8. NAFNA GAMES

NAFNA GAMES Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2013
    do stuff during the day. indie developer at night.
    Barcelona.
    i will begin with a Maximus quote: "what we do in this life eco´s through eternity".

any one can make any game he wants to, and for any reason. but the ultimate goal of game design is to push human creativity and innovation one step forward. ( at least on a theoretical level ...)

if you had FUN making this game, well that in itself is a nobel achievement, well done! and yes, it is a "good" game! well done again!

and now what?

9. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012

Bad flappy 2

This time its personal

#

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    You seem to have talent, i wish i could make apps. I think it would be great if you didnt bother with the 'make a game in 24 hours' and instead perhaps made a game in a week or month as it may be decent.

Creating a flappy bird clone in 24 hours i dont think does much. Just add it to the other 234234 flappy bird clones which all appeared one minute after the original was taken down.

If you had fun making it fair enough, hope you create something else in the future which is a bit more original thats all

11. StefanV

StefanV New Member

Feb 26, 2014
    You could improve the mechanics a bit because the touch is not always too responsive and the bird is crashing randomly right in the middle of the woods..

Also, pimp your bird.. how is that supposed to work ? because everything is locked and there's no way to unlock anything..

You could add some sharing to it too.. ( FB sharing, twitter ) .. and maybe a multiple player option with nextpeer..

Some ads and some inApp purchases.. Remove Ads, and some for the pimp your bird.. unlock mustaches, unlock hats etc.. and unlock all..

If you add those, let me know a price and i'll buy it from you ( iOS & Android ) :) What did you used to build them ? any external sdk like titanium, unity 3d etc.. ?

12. Rocotilos

Rocotilos Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    iOS Apps & Games Developer
    Bad flappy.

Combining name from Badland and Flappy bird. Seems legit. :D

Just played the game. I like the cartoony graphics. gameplay-wise
    i feel is a bit not in control of the bird. but not sure if that was intentional or not.
    overall is a good clone game.

btw feel free to try my flappy bird clone too (Idiot Bird in sig). :D

13. vcore

vcore Member

Mar 2, 2014
    That's really impressive, great job. We did a similar challenge, where we wanted to make a Flappy Bird clone in two days (since the original dev also claimed he made the game in 2 days). However, it took us about 5 days until the submission of "Vector Bird" to the AppStore. Now it's finally "hit the shelves", you can check it out in my release thread http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=220805
    Please tell us what you think!