Nano Rally game spec

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sauce Digital, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Sauce Digital

Sauce Digital Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Hi Folks,

I posted first details about our new title Nano Rally a few of days ago, ( http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=16672 ) and included a few work in progress screenshots. However, I can now give you a more precise details (though more may be added) and a few more new and exclusive images. First off here's an in game shot from the Bedroom Rally:

[​IMG]

And here are the first posts of full track designs, which are: "Bedroom Rally - stage 2" and "Office Rally - stage 1", your browser might shrink them so don't forget to zoom in!

http://www.nanorally.net/images/level6_fullTrack.jpg
    http://www.nanorally.net/images/level9_fullTrack.jpg

Nano Rally is a fun and addictive top down driving game. Players drive miniaturized cars around various tracks, all based on different household environments. One minute you could find yourself power-sliding around the end of a spring onion, then falling off a precariously balanced ruler the next.

As with any rally, the races are time trials, with points allotted for the top times. Players make their way through the different rallies/environments and stages, with the driver with the most points at the end victorious. The game begins with only the Kitchen Rally unlocked, by playing in championship mode players can unlock further environments by placing in the top 10 at the end of the each Rally.

The full breakdown:
    • Beautiful, pre-rendered design.
    • 6 Environments: Kitchen, Bedroom, Office, Garden, SECRET and SECRET
    • 25 different stages/tracks, each with their own difficulties.
    • 100+ different obstacles, including everything from iPhones to candy bars to fish ponds.
    • Customisable car setup, such as acceleration and handling, to suit the track.
    • Saved best time for each track.
    • Online high scores for each stage, and overall best time.
    • Rendered using OpenGL for superfast play.
    • Single race or championship mode.
    • Resume game option.

I'll keep you updated with progress, especially when we get a video made.

Cheers

Morgan

2. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
  3. Sauce Digital

Dec 30, 2008
    That's a good point and has been considered. Its always a bit of guess work, but we think they will be fine with it - its not a negative representation and doesnt really endorse the game. Our apple contact says it should be ok (but cant guarantee obviously). If not, hopefully the delay will only be a week and a bit.

4. skamando

skamando Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Student
    Folsom, CA
    Wow! The game continues to look superb. The level of polish is fantasic this si definately goin on my "to watch" list. That second track looks super fun. I was also a little scared by that iPod. Oh well, good luck.

5. Sauce Digital

Dec 30, 2008
    Thanks, maybe if they do reject due to the iPod we could put it out to the toucharcaders to suggest replacements.

6. Frog

Frog Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Wow this game looks fantastic! I'm sure I'm going to pick this up when it's out. If they reject it you can change the iPod for the Toucharcade logo...:p

7. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    Remind me of Toy Story racer...with those stationary an set as the track haha.

8. Spotlight

Spotlight Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
  9. monteboyd

monteboyd Well-Known Member

Looking really nice. Just one thing (not sure if you're looking for any advice but here goes anyway), the depth below the two desks is not really obvious in the level 9 track. The blur helps but I think maybe it should be a bit darker or perhaps some shadows from the desks to really give the feeling of depth. The first time playing it I don't think I'd realise the drop to the floor.

10. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    As soon as I saw the screenshot that was the first thing i thought too.

11. Sauce Digital

Dec 30, 2008
    #11 Sauce Digital, Jun 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
    Good point, but the lack of depths is because the example is an image and all the depths are combined into one. The floor actually moves at a different speed, underneath the desk. the Image cant really show it, but when its all animating the feel of depth is certainly there.

12. antonioj

antonioj Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    will you add full online multiplayer later?

13. monteboyd

monteboyd Well-Known Member

Ah right, sounds good then. :)

14. Sauce Digital

Dec 30, 2008
    Thats the plan, with peer to peer coming first though - hopefully with more that 2 players.

15. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Is the camera view fixed, or will it be like rotating depending on the orientation of the car? (This has my interest, I've been looking for a top down racing game).

16. Sauce Digital

Dec 30, 2008
    I rotates to the orientation of the car.

17. antonioj

antonioj Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Cool! :) And with push invitations, i hope :)