Universal SHADOWGUN (by MADFINGER Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by The Bat Outta Hell, Sep 28, 2011.

1. DeVitus

DeVitus Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Finland
    Game Impressions

Great game! One request for a fix, however: the dialogue text is very blurry and nearly unreadable on my 3gs.

2. Keyeszx

Keyeszx Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    This looks amazing but I heard it has no multiplayer so I can't really say the price is worth it for no multiplayer. Will there be an update in the future, soonish, to add multiplayer?

3. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    How does this game compare to the other TPS's out there on iOS? I enjoyed Splinter Cell, but that has zero replay value. Does this game have replay value and I tend to get bored easily with about 90% of iOS games....will this game become boring once the graphics factor wears off?

4. MadFingerGames

MadFingerGames Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Brno, Czech Rep.
    yup.. we have a lot of plans with MP ;)

5. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I have an iPhone 4 and iOS 4.3.3 (waiting for iOS5 :D)

6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    That's great to hear! I can't wait :)

7. MadFingerGames

Apr 27, 2009
    Brno, Czech Rep.

ah ok.. Its crashing only on iPad 2 4.3.3 ;(

8. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Ups didnt know that... :eek:

9. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    Absulutely love it!
    Great work madfingergames!

I just have 1 little thing on my wishlist:

An option to place the buttons where i want (for my fingers, the buttons are slightly in the wrong position).

10. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Well, I was playing ShadowGun on my break at work and believe it or not, a small crowd of people gathered because, and I quote, "You won't believe how insane this game looks". No-one believed it was a real time game until I proved I was controlling the character. There was genuine "wows" and "no way" reactions.

These guys are a mix or iOS and Android users, the later were delighted when I told them it was coming to Android soon.

11. Setake

Setake Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Correction: Jailbroken ipad 2 4.3.3.

I don't know if that matters

12. Tommy_jr

Tommy_jr Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Hey mad finger I'm experiencing quiet a few crashes as well at random spots. I'm using iPad 2 4.3.1

13. Reese015

Reese015 Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Whoa, you guys are actually working on multiplayer? I'm much more inclined to buy this now... Would this be a free update or iap?

14. PureSkill

PureSkill Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    We will see...
    Flour Bluff
    There already is an option to move the buttons in the game.

Go to setup, click on customize layout, then move the buttons to where you want them.

15. MadFingerGames

Apr 27, 2009
    Brno, Czech Rep.
    Jailbroken ?

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Agreed 100%. In fact, I've taken to calling SG the "iPad of action games." Instead of trying to do everything in a mediocre fashion (like, say, a typical Gameloft game), Madfinger chose to focus on core gameplay and do it really well for the platform. For me, this points to the future of action gaming on iOS.

17. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    About 5, 5 and a half hours. Though I didn't play in one sitting, it took me the whole day, but that was playing pretty religiously even with breaks for things like uni.

Well... The very last level is FUN! It (the whole game) is good for at least 2 playthroughs, first for whatever difficulty you want, second on the hardest. That's what I'm going to do, anyway. All up that's ~10 hours of entertainment (probably more if you die a lot) with a very gorgeous, very fun game. Oh, did I mention there's more than one ending? ;)

Btw btw btw, I just beat the final level alone on HARD! And hell yes that's a feat I'm proud of, it's not easy. ^.^

18. PureSkill

PureSkill Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    We will see...
    Flour Bluff
    +1, As I have said before, for an iOS game, this is really hard to beat.
    It is not a console game or trying to be a console game, it is an iOS game which is raising the bar for all iOS games.

19. Zeratulz

Zeratulz Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2010
    I just purchased it and this likes like im at home on my PC instead of my iPhone 4. I can't wait to jump into this. The graphics are amazing, I hope the game play will be as well. Now MadFinger work on an RPG with this graphics engine kthnx! :p

20. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I would say that's a point in the game's favor if it has to be compared to console games. It means it surpasses everything else on the device it was made for!