How do you contact iTunes Connect?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by micah, Dec 4, 2009.

1. micah

micah Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2009
    game developer
    San Francisco
    iTunes is messing up my app in the App Store (the icon isn't displaying correctly, I've heard reports of people purchasing it but getting an error when downloading it). I went to developer.apple.com and made my way through their maze to a contact form that I filled out. They told me that they're the iPhone Developer Program people, and I need to talk to the iTunes Connect people instead, and to do that form itunesconnect.apple.com.

So I went to itunesconnect.apple.com and was expecting the same kind of maze, but instead the Contact Us section has absolutely no way to contact them. It's just an interactive FAQ, and none of the options answer my questions or fix my problems.

I just want a phone number or email address. Any ideas?

2. Flickitty

Flickitty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
    [email protected]

That is the only email address I have been given. Don't expect a quick response or quick resolution though. It could take a week before getting a response, and it will only be an email to explain they are 'looking into it'.

You've got to be kidding me- it isn't Teh Internets that is locked up, is it? I hope not- that has gotten some press lately.

3. I've also tried sending a message to [email protected], but they just replied to me and asked me to email [email protected] instead since it was not technically an "app review" question.

4. micah

micah Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2009
    game developer
    San Francisco
    It is teh internets that's having problems, yes. I don't think it's broken for everyone, but if you look at near the bottom of http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=34263&page=10 people are saying they can buy it but get an iTunes error when they try to download it.

Also, I changed the iTunes large image when I went on sale, and even now when searching "teh internets" in iTunes the image doesn't show up in the search results, but does show up when you go to the teh internets page. Before though it was just showing some other image of a broken link.

But thanks, I'll try emailing [email protected], and I also found phone numbers here http://developer.apple.com/contact/phone.html.

5. Flickitty

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
    As far as I know, those phone numbers don't actually help. They told me to send an email to itunesconnect.

That sucks for Teh Internets. I hope that gets resolved quickly.

6. Quorlan

Quorlan Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Designer
    Georgia
    Hey Micah,
    I've actually run into that problem with a few apps in the past few days. Basically you buy the app and try to download and it throws up an error message. I think I've seen three different ones all while trying to download the same app. A few minutes later the problem was gone and I was able to download the app I had purchased. Also, regarding the images. About 3 times a day for the past 3 days I've pulled up a page in the App Store (doesn't matter which page) and one or two of the app icons will be missing. It's been odd. I just assumed it was iTunes itself having a problem and not the specific apps that were bugging the download or missing images in the app store. Maybe your problem is actually a more general iTunes issue?

Just a thought. Good luck!

Q

7. micah

micah Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2009
    game developer
    San Francisco
    I just talked to someone at Apple on the phone. Apparently yesterday they started making App Store changes that are supposed to take up to 48 hours, and in the meantime specific developers are having issues like this. Everything is supposed to be finished and working like normal by tomorrow, they said, and if it still doesn't work right then I should email [email protected]. Nice and cryptic.

8. micah

micah Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2009
    game developer
    San Francisco
    Oh wow, and I hadn't realized this before, but the problem effects the App Store on the iPhone too, not just from within iTunes. Right now teh internets is #74 in simulation games. If you look through the simulation games category and get down to teh internets, the icon doesn't show up at all! It's just blank.

9. Flickitty

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
    Just as a reference, I JUST GOT A REPLY from itunesconnect regarding our fiasco over Thanksgiving. Our game was completely locked up and not downloadable for over 24 hours. Gee, I'm glad it wasn't urgent! (sarcasm)

The reply doesn't even offer a solution- it simply says they are looking into it.

10. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear the bad news, but I can't resist to say this
    "the internet screwed teh internets"

11. Revolutionary Concepts

Revolutionary Concepts Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Same here.

Terrific. We are experiencing the same issue where screencaps for Cobra Command are not appearing for many people. Was working fine yesterday and now blam no screens and down we go in the rankings.

Sigh!

12. micah

micah Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2009
    game developer
    San Francisco
    Wow that sucks. I just looked up your game on my iPod and without screenshots, it's obviously way harder for people to decide to buy a $5 game. I hope they fix this stuff soon!

13. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    I really hope it gets fixed ASAP :( Things like this can really screw your app's popularity..

14. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you got this kind of problems guys. Let's hope Apple will sort it out fast. Any idea what are the new changes they're doing?

15. Revolutionary Concepts

Revolutionary Concepts Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Thanks to all who shared our concern. A call to our contact and we're back in business, but ouch we took a massive hit in the charts. Ah well what can ya do. Hopefully things will right themselves.

16. gildedskull

gildedskull Well-Known Member

For the record, I purchased the 'teh internets' late yesterday with no issues (from the device). The icon was showing fine (I don't think it was the 'new' icon though).

Either way, seems to be fixed now. We didn't see any issues with the 'Imp or Oaf?', no complaints about downloads etc. so it must have been a 'local brown-out'...or no one said anything. teh internets is pretty fun, BTW. Not 'teh internets', that's fun too, I mean your game.

17. micah

micah Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2009
    game developer
    San Francisco
    Thanks that's great to hear! The icon issue seems to be fixed in iTunes now too. I'm glad you teh internets!