Seeking 2D Artist - Paid Work

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Vabu, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Vabu

Vabu Member

Apr 6, 2010
    #1 Vabu, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
    ***EDIT***
    I want to thank everyone who sent me a PM regarding this and those that I wasn't able to respond to I'm sorry! (I only got around to responding to PM's! I'm deeply sorry - e-mail notifications = win). I have however found an artist who is working with me on this project.
    ***EDIT***

Greetings,

First and foremost I'd like to point out yes this will be my first game for the iPhone and I am an Independent Developer. (AKA I don't have deep pockets) I am not expecting (while I won't settle for less or equal to my own "programmer art") AAA quality graphics.

This is a 2D game. A quick summary is basically a "Ninja" based game where you take out waves of enemies. Vague yes, but I'm not asking for anyone to "join" me in terms of development all I need are graphics and whoever is interested I can and will get into details more with you via PM. I do plan on making this a "series" game so if it works out and I actually make enough to cover the art cost and at least enough to buy myself a case of soda (lol) I will come to you first for the future series of the game regarding art and whatever happens after.

What I need (again all 2D) is the following:

• Loading Screen - (480x320)
    • "World Map" - (600x320)
    • "Level" Backgrounds - 10 total (480x320)
    • "Other" Backgrounds (e.g. profile/main menu) - About 5 total - basic nothing fancy - (480x320)
    • "Main Character" - Several Outfits (5) - Two "Animations" ("Walk/Run "Look") - (50x50)
    • "Enemies" - 8 - Two "Animations" - (50x50)
    • "Bosses" - 4 - Two "Animations" - (70x70)
    • Buttons - Variable length/size (max 100x30) - Around 10 total - (two images per - pressed & depressed)
    • Icons - 32x32 - About 30 - no need for pressed/depressed

If anyone is interested, please PM me we can talk about the duration needed/price/how to *ensure* we both don't get "ripped" off.

I am paying for the above graphics royalty free and no restrictions on them so if I wish to reuse the graphics/images in another game, there will be no strings attached or "ah ha's."

I can and will only pay via Paypal.

I have no intentions for any other payment methods (profit sharing/me programming something for you in return, etc - did it before, and too many complications arose; sorry).

2. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Hmmm... :rolleyes:
    Talk about contradiction.

3. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    For something other than an iphone game perhaps?

4. timp

timp Member

Nov 11, 2009
    pm sent :)

5. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    No email address? :confused:

6. RevolvingDoor

RevolvingDoor Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
  7. rzdesign