Universal Storm in a Teacup (by Cobra Mobile Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 18, 2011.

1. Syclone0044

Syclone0044 Member

May 11, 2011
    Like what? I'm interested in another platform with polished art, music, colorful, etc. Soosiz is excellent but nowhere near as artful as Storm in a Teacup.

2. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    #142 GiHubb, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
    I don't agree although of course everyone is entitled to his own opinion. I played League of Evil which I enjoyed a whole lot, Mos Speedrun which I thought was a bit dull, Robot Wants Kitty which was nice, but I had a real blast playing Storm in a Teacup. It was simply the most fun I had with an iOS platformer. I only wish it had more levels as 40 isn't that much. I did replay levels though to get a perfect run on each, something I thought I wouldn't attempt when I started, but once I got hooked I couldn't stop :) I was #9 on the leaderboards overall, last I checked I slipped to #10 but I doubt I'll try to improve. Still, as posted before, very proud I made it that high!

EDIT: posting this got me to recheck, well, I'm back at #11 oh well. Although the #1 score is obviously fake, I doubt anyone finished the whole game in 52 seconds!

3. TheCatsMeow

TheCatsMeow Well-Known Member

May 17, 2011
    Loving the new update! Cheers chillingo! Storm is now very flamboyant!
    Pink hair, oink shirt and pink teacup! Yay! New levels are sweet too :)

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    The games 59p! 59p! It's a great game and it's ONLY 59p

Still people moan. Laughable

5. Really happy with 1.2 update -- the new bonus stages are a lot of fun (so much to do for just 99 cents!), but I also just love the little touches like being able to change Storm's trail. Mega-kudos to Cobra Mobile. :)

6. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    hey guys, i can't get the sticker on level 12, is too high... any suggestions? thanks...

7. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Does this game have bosses? Looking on the app store the last screenshot looks interesting.

Also does it have Gamecenter achievements?

8. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    yeah, there's 15 GC achievements...

I haven't run into any bosses yet, but I'm only 16 levels into it... =oP

It is a pretty decent platformer game... at first, I did expect a little more coming from Chillingo, but once you get use to the physics of the game, it's really not bad at all, actually it fits pretty nicely into my collection of the better platformers on the iDevice. =o)

9. kaboom132

kaboom132 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Sweet! Loved the basic game, now I get more levels AND a challenge mode!

As of the last update, level 40 was a boss. Don't know if that's still true, though.

10. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    VERY glad to hear that there is a final boss in the game...

at least that there was... hope it's still there... I doubt they would have taken it out for any reason... =oP

11. DaniK094

DaniK094 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    #151 DaniK094, Jun 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
    Figured out the solution to the problem I was having in a bonus level!

12. pepsi

pepsi Well-Known Member

v1.2 Update OUT Now

Storm in a Teacup has an all new update out. Storm in a Teacup has had amazing reviews and now this awesome game is even better with added, more.

Whats New;
    • 10 New Bonus levels. Unlock these when you play to level 20 (really nice!)
    • New Challenge mode, for the player who wants an added challenge to there game!
    • Customize Storm option, now you can customise your Storm in-game character with your own choice of hair, hats, clothes, teacup decals, etc. (sweet!)
    • There's also an added a story to the beginning of the game and updated the game icon.
    For note, the original version had 40 levels plus a special hidden level of sorts, did everyone find this??

Here's the Customize option fully unlocked, today I'm a cowboy (yee-ha);

[​IMG]

pepsi..

13. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    How do you complete a level without pressing jump to get the achievement?

Is thee a particular level which does not require jump?

14. kaboom132

kaboom132 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    The final boss (Level 40) does not require jump to defeat.

15. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I just love this game :) Thanks for adding more levels and customization etc. :)

16. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I've looked through the thread, and couldn't find anything relating to this... but..

could anyone give me a little nudge in the right direction on how to get the sticker in level 18?

I've spent the last two hours trying and trying and trying... and I just can't get it...

I can get right under it, or right to the right of it... but just can't seem to reach it... =o/

17. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Rest on the end of the bar behind dragon's head. When the end tip is at its highest, fly forward for the sticker in a steady tapping momentum.

18. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    HA! AWESOME!!! Thank you so much!!! =oD

19. sampdx

sampdx Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Anyone else having issues with this game and Game Center lately? It doesn't seem to want to save my scores a lot of the time.

20. Gemütlichkeit

Gemütlichkeit Active Member

Oct 5, 2010
    This game is awesome, however the frame rate seems to be fairly low. Any optimizations in the future?