Xbox One [With Poll on preferred console]

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, May 21, 2013.

?

Which console will you get?

1. Microsoft XBox 1

18.0%
  2. Sony PS4

50.7%
  3. Another console

3.3%
  4. No console

20.7%
  5. Haven't decided

7.3%
  1. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Well, you may be right, but tbh nobody will be talking about their mistakes in a few years. We're going to end up with two very capable consoles that'll likely offer very similar gaming options. I'm just being subjective about the things I know I like and can expect to continue with the Xone.

2. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Bit disappointed Sunset Drive is going to be an Xbox One exclusive, mainly due to the Insomniac being primarily a Playstation developer historically. They tend to have a lot of nice touches implemented in their games and it also means it's less likely I'll see a follow up to Resistance 3 which was a highly underrated gem.

Looks fun if the can capture that fluidity in the parkour for gameplay.

3. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
  4. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
  5. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Fished?

6. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  7. The special white Xbox that the makers of the system gets looks real nice. I would have considered getting one if we were able to buy it in-stores.

[​IMG]

8. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I looks better than the black, but it still looks like a VCR.

9. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Soon you will hear me shouting through my House...

[​IMG]

...to see how far I can go and still turn it on :D

10. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    It's out! The console wars have officially begun!

I think we know the winner here.

[​IMG]

11. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Seeing as I don't own an Xbox One but have great respect for Insomniac as a developer (not to mention I enjoy Infamous's gameplay and this, at least on the surface, looks like it would offer a similar feel) like to hear people's impressions.

One game I would like to play but can't unfortunately.

12. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I'm an Xbox guy. I have been ever since the 360 came out. Loved my PS1 and 2. Bought the 3 for it's exclusive games and Blue Ray player, but still played my 360 way more. I've always preferred the 360 controller and great list of games and exclusives. Now I have an XBOX ONE and most likely won't ever get the PS4. Not because I don't think it's any good, but between my iPhone, iPad and XBOX ONE, I've got more than enough games to keep me busy. Seriously considering getting a 3DS XL, or the "New 3DS XL" when it comes out next year though.

13. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Get the 3DS XL. You'll be so happy you did.

I actually bought a Wii U over an Xbox One about a week ago. I think it's one of my smartest decisions ever.

14. Mighty Dragon Studios

Mighty Dragon Studios Active Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Games Developer
    The App Stores
    I switched from Xbox 360 to PS4 this year and I am not looking back. It's a beauty of a gear and just for the The Last of Us: Remastered I could buy it again. It's surely a gamers choice as to me Xbox One went more towards entertainment centre instead of focusing on gaming experience. That's just my opinion. :)

15. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I was a massive Xbox fan, I bought the first one (it still working btw!) and I queued up in town from 5am to buy an Xbox 360 on launch day. I've had 4 360's yeah 3 died but it's such a great console I loved it.

I never had a PS3 and tbh never considered buying a PS4 until Microsofts anti-consumer fiasco at E3 and now I've gone from xbox fanboy to PS4 owner and I'll never buy another MS console, regardless of it's specs or games. A shame really but they brought it on themselves.

16. september

Sep 14, 2012
    The remote play and crossbuy with PC is interesting news, I wonder if it'll be similar to what Valve did with Portal 2 and have it crossbuy if you bought the console version but not if you bought a PC copy. Would make sense seeing as publishers still need to give console manufacturers their cut for a console titles sale. Regardless, it's a smart and good move.

17. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Child of Light is FREE on XBOX One this month if you have a gold membership. It's a gorgeous adventure RPG with puzzle elements sprinkled in for good measure. Make sure you pick it up!

18. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Planning on building a new PC instead of going next gen...

PC MASTER RACE

19. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Terraria is also free at the moment. I already bought it but it's a great game for those with the 360. Thers some great sales on there too ATM. I think the free stuff changes around the 15th of the month. I like how Xbox lets you keep the games even when you don't have membership anymore, makes the £5.99 a month great value.

Saying that I also love the playstation and the wii. We have the wii u set up in the living room for Netflix etc (I hate the Netflix interface on there) and then everything else is in my daughters bedroom. She plays the pc and 360 the most but last few days have seen her use her ipad and 3dsxl much more, she's into super smash bros and tamadachi life ATM. She loves telling me how her dad's character is cheating on me with some woman, but it ok as apparently my character is the most popular and beautiful and has the best house on the island :)

20. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    That's true of the 360 games, but the Xbox One games with gold works just like on the PS4. You "buy" them and then can play them if you have an active Gold sub.