Which: Tiger Woods PGA Tour or NFL 2010

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jumpman612, Aug 14, 2009.

1. jumpman612

jumpman612 Active Member

Aug 1, 2009
    I am really stumped on which game to get for five dollars

can someone help?

2. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    What do you like better?
    Golf or Racing?
    Duh

3. Justinth

Justinth Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Since when was NFL a racing game. :\

4. jumpman612

jumpman612 Active Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Thats the point I like them both but im not willing to fork out 10 dollars for both and its not racing but football
    Duh

5. jumpman612

jumpman612 Active Member

Aug 1, 2009

6. Derochea72

Derochea72 Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Floor installer
    Ma
    Don't get tiger and don't get NFL 2010. They are both awefull games, ea doesn't update the sports games on the iPhone and tiger woods is way to easy. I was at 52 under par after 2 rounds (very lame) everyone complained and still no update and NFL has non responsive controls that if are fixed should make for a better game but until then you have to look elsewhere because it seems the more $ iPhone games cost the more incomplete they are.

7. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    tiger woods is a decent game. I have it and i dont regret the purchase at all. nfl 2010 is .....ok but its not great. i would get tiger woods. but the putting is too easy.

8. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    so you think the nfl 2010 controls are bad? Wow, the controls are fine. What part of the controls do you not like?

sry bout the double post XD

9. jumpman612

jumpman612 Active Member

Aug 1, 2009
    ok, then what should i get?

10. fresh22

fresh22 New Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Pretty tough call if you are a sports fan.

I have both and cannot stop playing Tiger. It is by far my favorite game with great replay value. I hope EA puts as much detail in Madden.

I am a huge NFL fan though and even though gameplay is not quite as fun in NFL 2010, it's still great to start a season with the Colts (or any team...I guess) with their real schedule. Plus, I heard its getting multiplayer mode which Tiger doesn't have.

I would recommend both, but if you had to choose one....Tiger.

11. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    Tiger Woods!

12. Derochea72

May 14, 2009
    Floor installer
    Ma
    There is a small delay in the analog stick which causes a huge problem when you only have a fraction of a second to make a tackle, I also don't like the fact that you have to touch the intended reciever as it causes you to block part of the screen, I would prefer some icons on the bottom.
    I got the game as soon as it was available and have yet to complete a pass because no matter how open the reciever is the opposing team seems to always intercept or knock down the pass, the pauses with the running game to pick an action are also a bad idea. I know there are people who like the game but it's just not good enough for me, I agree with how good tiger woods looks on the iPhone but the lack of difficulty makes it real boring quickly and it seems like an update is long overdue and probably never coming ( not food buisness on EAs part ) I will never buy a game from EA again on the iPhone.

13. FearlessFreep

FearlessFreep Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    Tiger Woods is 10x the game NFL 2010 is. The controls are spot on perfect and gameplay is great. NFL 2010 is OK, but just isn't the polished game TW is. After several months, I still play TW regularly.

14. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    Just pick up Baseball Slugger and wait for Madden. Both games are not worth $5 imho. Bought Tiger Woods three days ago. How I wish EA's Tiger Woods price drop went all the way to $2.99 since, imho, this is what its worth. :(

15. Derochea72

May 14, 2009
    Floor installer
    Ma
    Baseball slugger in my opinion is far better than tiger, all EA has to do is add some kind of difficulty for it to be top app on my iPhone but that's not going to happen because they are just going to wait till next year and make a slightly better version and that one one will also need an update badly that it will never see (EA SUCKS)

16. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

"I'm will never buy a game from EA again on the iPhone."

I mean, really? Why are you even on these forums then? Of course you will once Madden comes out assuming your are a football fan. Controls work perfectly in NFL 2010 and I'd like you to come up with a better control scheme.

17. Baloney

Baloney Well-Known Member

May 2, 2009
    Wait for Madden.

18. llbros545

llbros545 Active Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Haha this made me laugh wadeva i still think u shuld get tiger woods as currently, its more polished than the 'racing' game, no wait its an american football game =)