Does this annoy you too?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by funkynubman, Feb 8, 2010.

1. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    #1 funkynubman, Feb 8, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
    Do these types of user reviews annoy you?

1. The Bargain- "If you change ________, I'll change my comment to 5 stars instead of 1." (Especially bad on Gameloft/ other big name games)

2. The Lazy- "OMG, this game is like, SOOO hard. It's like impossible. It's not even fun... " (Especially bad on Labyrinth 2/ Jet Car Stunts)

3. The Unclear- "Waste of money" or "Horrible" (especially bad on good-rated games)

4. The Cheap- "This is sooo not worth 10 dollars. More like 2 dollars." or even worse: "I don't like this game, it should be free." (Especially bad on Gameloft games/ cheap games for a dollar)

5. The Confused- e.g. "OMG, Pocket God is such a ripoff of Pocket Devil." (I'm serious, I actually saw this comment.) or "OMG, PapiJump sooo ripped off Doodle Jump" (even though Papi came months before).

6. The Spoiled: "The graphics suck..." on super-polished games. I've seen this comment on Avatar, NOVA, Zen Bound, and even the most-polished graphical game, Enviro-Bear 2010.

7. (by user one f jef)- The Pretentious Aficionado- "People whom I do not agree with or who do not know as much about iDevice video games as me are stupid and annoying and thus their arguments are invalid."

These kinds of comments really bug me. Any other types you can add? Let's get a big list!

2. one f jef

one f jef Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    7. The Pretentious Aficionado- "People whom I do not agree with or who do not know as much about iDevice video games as me are stupid and annoying and thus their arguments are invalid."

3. funkynubman

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    Nice. I'll add that to the list.

4. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    -Overused emoticons- when a person puts pretty much nothing other than a ton of emoticons and then a word like FUN or CRAP and then more emoticons...

5. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    LOL totally agreed

6. ChaoticBox

ChaoticBox Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Male
    Developer
    Toronto Canada
    And of course, if a dev adds ________ they never actually come back to update the rating. A variant of this is "If you add feature X I'll give you more stars". Meanwhile, feature X is already in the app.

Then of course you have the gushingly positive reviewers that leave 1 star. I especially enjoy those.

Personally I don't read comments any more - it's pointless. I prefer getting feedback in a forum or email, where I at least have a chance to reply.

7. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    Also hate reviews that say- "stop reading and just buy it"

8. Stook

Stook Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Santa Clara, California
    At least they put in the time to write a review. Rating an App without a review is lame!

9. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    yes, same. i always lol when i see one.

10. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Should read: "People with whom I do not agree..."
    Signed,
    Pretentious Aficionado
    ;)

11. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    People who want the developper to do things that are highly impossible, example:

All-in-one Gamebox:
    This is a great app and has a lot of games in it, can you guys add the game Monster Trucks Nitro please? *emoticon, emoticon, emoticon*.

12. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    general price moaning - either buy it or dont but please dont comment

all comments and moaning about open feint and whatever the rest of the leaderboard crap is flavour of the month

13. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    #13 Noman, Feb 8, 2010
    I love the: omg! this game is so awesome, it would be cool if you could add twenty more weapons and better graphics and change the controls and make there be bosses and like, these enemies with laser swords and 3 times the levels but it's good anyways lolo

14. one f jef

one f jef Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Well played good sir! :D

15. mrchennyken

mrchennyken Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    The Incomplete: "This game is possible THE best app store game." *one star rating*

16. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    #16 Somerandomdude, Feb 8, 2010
    Oh yeah, the people that give the game 5 Stars and are like "THIS GAME IS AWESOME BUT THE CONTROLS ARE TERRIBLE SO IT'S ALMOST UNPLAYABLE!!!!!!" and use all caps to annoy us all.

And as always, the people who say the game would be awesome if they completely changed the game. For example, if you were reviewing a game like Firetop Mountain:

"This game would be awesome if they added a first person mode, an actual moving screen so you can see what's going on, fight with buttons instead of dice, and guns and terrorists instead of swords and monsters!!!"

Yeah, go ahead, ask for them to turn Firetop Mountain into Modern Warfare 2. It's going to happen just because you asked for it in an iTunes review.

And last but not least, the reviews that have NOTHING to do with the game. "OMG OMG I LOVE WATCHING TV!!!!!" *1 star*

17. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Haha first review I see for N.O.V.A.:

This is a fun game but a little bit overratted.

18. funkynubman

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    Oh yes, and the "Repeat Offender"- Illegal over-used vowels.

"This is like sooooo bad. the first one was soooo much better"

And how could I forget? The Infamous.... Caps Lock Man!

"I JUST PLAYED THIS GAME AND IT SUCKS."

Plus, the stupid and desperate "Whiny Refund Guy!"

"I hate this game, you don't even do anything. I want a refund."

19. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Or the clearly blatant shilling tactic:

"By Sally/Bob/Joe/John/etc. A./B./C./D./etc.

This game is so great! You should buy this game right now, along with every other game by (insert developer here)!"

20. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    How many of us read reviews?
    Seriously!
    I do only whn I want to read some pretty dumb lines...

Forums ARE the best place to DISCUSS or Demand features (We have quite a few Active devs around :cool: )

Back to topic.... Yes.. they are annoying :)