Universal Smash Cops Heat - (by Hutch)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Based on the app description, it appears this is more or less a free version of the original game with a few bonus features added, which is slightly worrying as the original release was hardly light on IAP. :p

2. Scary Guns

Scary Guns Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Will someone who has played the precious version which costs $6.99 please compare the two. Why do both screenshots look similar? Is this just a demo version or a crappier version of the original?

3. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Controls suck why do I have to hold to go but let go to turn which if you turn < it should be < not >

4. Scary Guns

Mar 1, 2012
    You can change control type on settings to have a d pad.

5. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Oh I guess ill reinstall then... Thanks :)

6. Scary Guns

Mar 1, 2012
    I realized this game is an exact copy of its previous version. I guess they released one for $6.99 and the other to be a costly IAp freemium.

7. cabdog

cabdog Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    I am kinda let down by this one..good that it's free.

It feels the exact same as the first; same type of missions and car upgrades, with a few new police trucks thrown into the mix.

Playing it on the ipad, the only way you can "Ram" another car is to hit a button in the far upper right hand corner of the screen. I am using the virtual joypad located in the bottom left, so it's odd to have my hands opposing each other like that.
    Not only is the 'Ram' button placed in an odd location, but attached to this button as in, right immediately underneath it, is this new IAP Driven 'Instaram' button that when you are playing, is pretty much impossible not to hit and break up the gameplay with an IAP message after you have used the few they give you. Also, I had problems with the 'Super Cop' button several times as this is lower than the InstaRam button by about an inch but i somehow manage(d) to hit that button several times, once again using the few they give you to tease you into buying new ones (and the SuperCop only lasts a few seconds!). So, both SuperCop and InstaRam are now IAP's, and barely worth it in my opinion.

I did a few missions ramming/arresting as quick as I thought possible, and still did not get but 3 out of 5 stars. On another few missions, I didn't touch another car/object, sped very quickly to the destination, and still only got 4 stars, so not sure what it will take to get 5 (SuperCop?)

It really feels exactly like the previous one, a reskin if you will, but more IAP driven with very akward button placements (at least on an iPad).

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I lived the first one. Great graphics and action. Controls were good with the joypad. Price I didn't mind. Saw its now $2.99 which is great value

I'm sad though this doesn't seem to be a sequel and just a freemium version. Presume the original didn't sell as well as expected. Shame as its a good game. Was hoping they would be releasing a proper sequel

I've got the original so there doesn't seem to be much point with this one

9. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Fully agree. I've been playing this one for one hour now and it seems the same as the paid version with a few new things here and there, but with a extreme difficulty to achieve 5 stars in missions without using special consumables: instaram, mega cops, etc. I understand that the original might have not sold as expected, but I expected more variety from this one, not just a freemium version of the previous one. I think I'll reinstall the original after some months without playing it...

10. The Alpha Gamer

The Alpha Gamer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2012
    I this gets updated with IAP to unlock all levels, there's no way it's possible to get enough stars to unlock them.

11. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Can you really not see why the existing method works? :rolleyes:

12. ChrisJT

ChrisJT Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    the original smash cops was 7 bucks? wow thank god i picked it up on a day it went free! ... but to b honest i didnt love the game then nd im not loving it now..its good just not my cup of tea

13. QWERTYthebold

QWERTYthebold Active Member

Feb 10, 2011
    This is one of the worst games I've played in a while.

14. cabdog

cabdog Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Deleted. I did a few more missions, and it just isn't the same with it being freemium for all the reasons people noted as well as mine earlier.

15. I dunno, basically more of the same, had more fun with the first game than this one, even though the graphics seem better in this one, but framerates seem worse. But I haven't played the first one in a long time. Not too impressed, wish the disk size was smaller. Onto minigore 2 and raiden legacy.

16. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Since I just started mobile gaming a year ago I've missed out on amazing games like this.

Very addicting. I starts playing it an hour ago and taking a quick break to write about it here.
    No timers that I know of yet but that could change . Haven't played enough to hit a wall yet though.
    I'll continue to play this one until I beat it though