Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Crusty

Crusty Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Hi Korvaire, sorry no new island at 40:(. Keep going on the racing though, you do get an extra habitat. Remember you can get a head start if you tap the screen just as 'go' appears, it often helps;)
    On the plus side, have my first Topaz cooking on the island:D, just need another now for the egg which is lovely

2. ~ebbnflow~

~ebbnflow~ Active Member

Nov 4, 2012
    I haven't started on my topaz yet. I got four opals last month, so I figure it's no rush. My goal right now is to turn all dragon statues into gold. I have four done and another four to go. I need lots of cash to do it so I bred my two leap year dragons until I had ten of them -- holy cash cow! Unlike rainbow dragons it doesn't take 48 hours to breed, it takes only 14. I also bred panlongs and leveled them up to 16 and each earns 432/minute. With three panlongs in an earth habitat, that's 1296/min which is by far the most you can get. I used the water and fire boosts to maximize the panlong's earnings.

BackFlip should really give us the option of turning on and off the on-screen icons to give us the best view of our parks when needed. I suggest a three-finger touch to toggle it on/off. Or they could simply put it in Options and have a small options button to access it again. The park views will look fabulous without all the icons cluttering it up. We don't need to see the icons 24/7. iPhone users can reclaim some serious real estate back.

3. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    ^ ya but 3 high lvl panlongs fills an earth habitat in 50 mins or less, I'm not on that often so I made it so I have 1 of every habitat and everything else is a rainbow

Also I feel the game should have a "screenshot" option that saves to camera roll. You could zoom in and screenshot or have a full park shot.

4. AndyPandy26

AndyPandy26 Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Courier
    Wigan, UK
    You can take screenshot with your device anyway by pressing the lock + home buttons together. Don't think they would add that feature if there's already an alternative.
    I think they need to allow us to zoom out a little more though, it's annoying not being able to see a full island on an iPhone, especially when your trying to decorate it.

5. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    My Singing Monsters (a similar game) has a "View Mode" that you activate by pressing a small button in the bottom left-hand corner. When you press it your park goes into a fullscreen mode like you describe where all the buttons and such go away in order to maximize your view. However, when in View Mode you can only look at things, you can't collect money or breed.

6. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    I meant a screenshot that removes ur progress bar on top with gems/gold/food amounts and bottom buttons... a screenshot with only your islands and sky, and the normal screenshot buttons are not a workaround for this form I'm talking about. Lots of games incorporate this method and I feel it would be great for DV

7. ~ebbnflow~

~ebbnflow~ Active Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Screenshot? Andy, you're missing my point. You take a screenshot, but you still capture those big, clunky on-screen icons with your park, right? And what alternative are you talking about? I am talking about seeing our parks in all its glory -- without the on-screen icons getting in the way. Check out the comments below.

8. ~ebbnflow~

~ebbnflow~ Active Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Gotcha. I just want more cash so I can turn all my dragon statues into gold faster. Oops, sorry to Andy, didn't know he was answering your post and not mine. Andy is right, but without the on-screen icons, the captured pics would be nicer.

9. ~ebbnflow~

~ebbnflow~ Active Member

Nov 4, 2012
    #7129 ~ebbnflow~, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
    I'd settle for that, jtfields. DragonVale deserve better and should have a full-screen view as well. Add me, ~ebbnflow~ (squiggly thing incl.) and check out my different theme parks: Pompeii (volcano), Forbidden City (10 leap year dragons inside), Hobbit (lord of the ring) and more.

10. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    I hate Topaz :mad:

11. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    Just added you.

12. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    I'm still working on #2 as well.

13. Thornefeather

Thornefeather Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Job seeker
    Virginia, USA
    I got my last piece this morning and summoned Kairos!! I used him immediately to speed up my fails for Topaz and get my DC. Put my Firefly and Cactus back in the cave and woohoo there's my second Topaz (display egg). Now I'm all set for the new Eclipse dragon next week :D

14. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Same here. Thankful to have one at least.
    Is Singing Monsters a web based game too? We used to be ae to zoom way out and see it all but that went away in an early update. I don't know how this sort of game works in terms of running and storing all our data, will we max it out eventually?

15. N3sty5

N3sty5 Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    After four days of topaz fails, i got two one hour fails this morning, decided to speed them up and got two straight topaz afterwards!

Now just had to wait 30 hours for both to finish breeding then i can start working on my third one for display.

16. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    That's great! Does using Kairos cost anything? How often can he be used?

17. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    You might consider using one of those for display since two topaz can't breed and you'll have to sell one eventually. I changed my strategy part way thru the year and only keep one of each - the gem island maxes out at 12.

Who has Oct and Nov birthdays? I was using GP's idea for naming them.

18. N3sty5

N3sty5 Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    I like to keep two one adult and one baby(plus the display egg) of each. I know i'll eventually have to put one of each in the cave. :/

19. Thornefeather

Thornefeather Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Job seeker
    Virginia, USA
    Doesn't cost anything to activate him. He can be used to speed things up (except the colosseum and gifting tree) by 6 hours. He can be used once every four days. He looks awesome!

20. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    Yes, My Singing Monsters requires an Internet connection.