Anyone Heard of Press ok entertainment?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by jDun1212, Mar 3, 2012.

1. jDun1212

jDun1212 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    I got an email from a woman, Selena, at PressOk Entertainment, asking me to switch from iAd to their advertising service.

Has anyone had any experience working with them? And is it a usual occurrence for companies like this to seek out a developer this way?

Thanks!

2. MikaMobile

MikaMobile Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    There are hundreds of startups that have cropped up in the last couple years trying to ride on the app economy in one way or another, usually through some advertising platform or other monetization scheme. It's not uncommon to get this kind of cold-calling, especially around GDC time. This "biz dev" spam has become so numerous for me, I have a dedicated folder for it now (a.k.a. the trash). I'd say if you've never heard of them, they're probably not worth your time.

3. jDun1212

Feb 2, 2012
    Thanks for the response, it sure feels nice to have someone cold call like that, but i can totally see where its probably just someone trying to use you for personal gain rather than a healthy relationship. Thanks again!

4. Astraware

Astraware Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Games Studio
    UK
    The key with in app ads is not to switch. Use all of them. Write a piece of code that allows you to use iAds, plus other providers in an adjustable cascading system. That way, you might get inventory filled from several different sources, but you'll get more ads shown more of the time in more countries, and that way you're maximising the ad revenue you get.

If you find one pays you better than the rest, bump it up to make it the first one shown etc.

:)

5. jDun1212

Feb 2, 2012
    Thats good advice, thanks!

Quick question do you thing games such as angry birds, or other large titles, are doing this?

6. Astraware

Astraware Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Games Studio
    UK
    Don't know. It's possible. Only they can answer that.

7. stevesmith84

stevesmith84 New Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Hey,
    Its practically normal for these company to contact to join their ad network. I have been in contact with several myself. I currently Tapit network, I been satisfied with them regarding my Fill rate and eCpm. You should never restrict your self with one ad network. Are you using a mediator, so you can run multiple ad network in our app?

8. jDun1212

Feb 2, 2012
    Currently no I am not, I'm just using iAd, but i suppose i should look into something else.