Zombirds FREE for Limited Time

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by thumbwiz, Aug 4, 2013.

1. thumbwiz

thumbwiz Well-Known Member

Hello,
    I have made Zombirds free for a limited time in hopes of eliciting some suggestions for a future update that is in the works.

All comments and suggestions are appreciated, good or bad. The good ones will boost my ego, and entice others to download. Bad comments will help me improve the game for everyone.

Zombirds

Take back the countryside. This was once a quiet cemetery!
    Fly and destroy the evil that lurks there!
    Suddenly d…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Suddenly day turns to night, and he's upon you, the infamous Zombird!
    There's only one way to dispatch a Zombird...Eggs!

- SEVERAL EGG WEAPONS TO USE IN YOUR ADVENTURE
    - EARN FAME AND FORTUNE FROM "WANTED" BOUNTIES
    - BRAG YOUR WAY TO EVEN MORE FAME
    - FLY FASTER THAN EVER BEFORE
    - PARTICIPATE IN SPECIAL EVENTS FOR MORE REWARDS
    - UNLIKE ANY OTHER FLYING GAME...YOU'RE A BIRD

Check the "Wanted Board" for the latest quest, then get out to that cemetery and find those Zombirds...destroying everything evil in your path! The better you are at destroying, the more Fame you will earn. And when you're done, go participate in a special Event for some extra Gold Nuggets. At the end of the day, head back and throw a big Party and Brag about your adventure. Bragging will get you even more Fame!
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Jul 08, 2013
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (6)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    If the developer wants feedback the first thing I would change is those screenshots; they are really unclear and don't sell the game very well. Simplify screenshots and focus on game mechanics, less text.

3. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    What's the difference between Zombirds e Bird Quest? And why not universal?

4. thumbwiz

Trouble in this department

I have trouble when it comes to what would draw people in. I was thinking that screenshots of gameplay may not tell people enough about the game, but you are saying it makes a difference. I will change the screenshots in the next update for sure. Thank you for the feedback.

5. thumbwiz

Just a different variation

Zombirds was intended to be a little more simple and have the ability to expand.

Both are currently free, so you could download them both and see the difference for yourself. All comments and suggestions are welcome.

6. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

It not support iPad version?

7. thumbwiz

I am working on iPad support right now.

8. thumbwiz

Many downloads but not many comments/suggestions. Good or Bad I can take whatever criticism you have ;)

I have plans to add a life mode where you will take a very long journey, doing many quests along the way. The goal will be to retire with as much gold as possible.

9. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I gave both games a try and found both to be not the kinds of games I'm looking to spend time with. As a seasoned gamer, the game play is too basic to keep my attention and the graphics don't help make up for the game play. I think these games might be a bit more for the really mega casual gamers out there, which unfortunately they don't pay for apps but instead purchase tons of IAP. Yet this game is so basic, I'm not sure it would even lure in unsuspecting kids and trap them in the same way that something like Jetpack Joyride would.

I do like that you are trying to get away from something and you can defeat it... but that's about the only good thing I could come up with.

10. thumbwiz

Ahh some feedback, thank you so much. Would you consider expanding on your mention of the game being "too basic"? Do you mean the game is too easy? not enough to do? too repetitive?
    This is a learning experience for me, so i need all the feedback I can get. This is also why this game is free.

I understand about the graphics being simple, and I realize I need to find a pro to help in this department. I'm not too good with photoshop atm.

Again, thanks for the feedback!

11. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Have any users played this game? I'm waiting for your feedback before downloading it, my friends!

12. thumbwiz

Hi Andre,
    Zombirds is currently FREE, so you could always download it and check it out. I would love as much feedback as possible.

13. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    The gameplay seems more luck than skill based. Get enough eggs back to back and it's easy to defeat the zombird... don't get enough quickly due to their randomness or just so happen to get on the wrong track with the one-touch technique and it's game over. Beyond that the games are very basic and don't really capture my attention to want to replay. I can't remember also if there were GC leaderboards or achievements, but that is a huge interest for me in simple games like this.

Hope that helps. Take care.

14. thumbwiz

Thank you Nightc1.
    I see your points, and share them for hardcore gamers. I will see if I can add to this to make it more appealing for an audience other than casual gamers. Zombirds was intended as a simple game from the beginning, but I would like to attract and entertain as many groups as possible. If you have any suggestions to make it more action oriented, I would be happy to hear them. Perhaps in the way of additional game modes or events.

15. thumbwiz

Free Zombirds is ending Aug. 9th

Get it while it's free!

Zombirds

Suddenly d…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Suddenly day turns to night, and he's upon you, the infamous Zombird!
    There's only one way to dispatch a Zombird...Eggs!

- SEVERAL EGG WEAPONS TO USE IN YOUR ADVENTURE
    - EARN FAME AND FORTUNE FROM "WANTED" BOUNTIES
    - BRAG YOUR WAY TO EVEN MORE FAME
    - FLY FASTER THAN EVER BEFORE
    - PARTICIPATE IN SPECIAL EVENTS FOR MORE REWARDS
    - UNLIKE ANY OTHER FLYING GAME...YOU'RE A BIRD

Check the "Wanted Board" for the latest quest, then get out to that cemetery and find those Zombirds...destroying everything evil in your path! The better you are at destroying, the more Fame you will earn. And when you're done, go participate in a special Event for some extra Gold Nuggets. At the end of the day, head back and throw a big Party and Brag about your adventure. Bragging will get you even more Fame!
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Jul 08, 2013
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (6)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

16. thumbwiz

Now only 0.99

It's not free but its still a deal at 99cents!
    This price won't last!
    Next update will be priceless!