It's bath-time in your pocket with Turbo Duck

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by strawdog, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawdog

strawdog Well-Known Member

#1 strawdog, Mar 19, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
    Update: Turbo Duck popped out of review and into the App Store and is available now at Turbo Duck iTunes page

Who can resist the lure of the beautiful iPhone? Strawdog Studios are primarily a console games developer but as several of the guys have been having a love affair with their iPhones I guess it was just a matter of time before we decided to jump into the iPhone pool. We are just putting the finishing touches to our first iPhone game Turbo Duck (www.strawdogstudios.com/games/turboduck/). Just nailing the final bugs at the moment and hope to have it uploaded in the next day or two.

[​IMG]

Turbo Duck: It's bath-time in your pocket with Turbo Duck for the iPhone/iPod touch.

Guide Turbo Duck around the pool to Collect the flags and gain extra time while avoiding the toy boats, submarines, mines and other hazards which fill the pool. When time gets short make use of your Duck's amazing turbo boost for extra speed. (Trust me you don't want to know how he does it!)

Turbo Duck features

* 20 Levels of bath-time fun
    * Bobbing boats
    * Submerging (and surfacing) submarines
    * Exploding mines
    * Bonus Bread (Ducks like bread!)

Turbo Duck will be available in English, French Italian, German & Spanish for Apple iPhone and iPod Touch. It will be out at the end of March 2009 priced at $1.99 / £1.19 / €1,59.

Warning: Turbo Duck is intended for virtual bath time fun only. Dropping your iPhone/iPod Touch in the bath may invalidate your warranty and will certainly make you look foolish.

[​IMG]

As I say we are just nailing the final bugs and should have it finished (pauses to whip the programmer) any moment now.

We are also preparing a gameplay video which I will post a link too.

2. mmadden2

mmadden2 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    I don't generally bathe where's there's a grass background, but that's probably me just being uptight (as usual) :)

3. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Looks good for the little ones :)

4. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Welcome to TA, thanks for posting here :)
    I saw this on Fingergaming 2 days ago and like the looks of it. Do you have any gameplay video?

5. strawdog

I was hoping the video would get done before GDC as most of the team are of to San Francisco. Sadly it hasn't as they were working on the GDC build of another game so it will mean a delay of a week on the video. :(

6. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    No worries, we can wait. In the meantime, can we have a little peek of your 'other game'? ;)

7. Never mind the little ones. I could have fun with that. But then, I like toys...

8. strawdog

As promised here is the video...

Turbo Duck game play video

The game has been uploaded to itunesconnect and is in Review now so (fingers crossed) it will be paddling your way soon

Dan

[​IMG]
    'Turbo Duck' available soon on iPhone..."it's bath time in your pocket!"

9. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    Strawdog!

can we meet at GDC???

10. strawdog

Got your email Superbad but I am in HK. Hopefully the guys in San Fran will pick it up too and have time in their schedule to meet.

11. strawdog

[​IMG]

Update: Turbo Duck is available now on the iTunes App Store Turbo Duck iTunes link

The submission process went without a hitch. We uploaded the game to iTunes Connect and it sat "in review" for a few days and then popped out on the App Store and we got an email saying "it's available".

Thankfully nothing like the complex submissions processes we have to go through with Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony.

12. Frog

Frog Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Looks very good, I think the game is very much fun. Unlucky for me I don't have iTunes credits anymore, so I can't buy it....:(

13. strawdog

#13 strawdog, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
    You shouldn't have spent all your money on an expensive iPhone. Then you could have afforded the $1.99 to buy our iPhone game..... oh wait that doesn't work :(

14. Frog

Frog Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    I can afford it, but I've just bought Fieldrunners and a couple of other games, so I'll have to wait till I have time to buy a new Gift Card...:(