Universal Shufflepuck Cantina (+ GOLD) by Agharta Studio

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Sep 12, 2012.

1. MrGreed

MrGreed Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    #81 MrGreed, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
    This game is way way way too heavy on IAP.

Each of the biographies are 500 Credz x 19 = 9500

Then you need another 10-15K just to unlock that character's puck and paddle.

We are talking about 25-30K of Credz when each game nets you 100 Credz and thats with a fukcin coin doubler

The game is not easy either, so getting a perfect game is very difficult. Whoever said they can get 10,000 Credz in 10 minutes is on drugs and Id like to get some of them please

Im going to continue to grind until I get a better paddle. I wonder how many Credz are given out by the special Provential Paddle or whatever. Has anyone bought that paddle? Maybe the guy that got 10k per 10 minutes.

2. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Mr Greed, you can also earn Credz by banking completed missions as well as playing the side game by the No No No dude. It does not take very long to save enough to buy a good upgrade.

3. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Yes, this is actually my only problem with the prices on upgrades, that there are quite a lot of biographies (and they increase in price at higher floors), and that once you've bought them all, you also need both paddle and puck to use the special skills. But then, perhaps gaining access to the personas of opponents (both their passive bonuses and drawbacks, accessible through the top entry on their biography page, plus their special skills) is worth three times the expensive paddles and pucks.

That ruleset only applies to the bet mode, so you hafta play the little dude through the bet button :) (Since bet is won by leading by three points, 3-0 will end the mach.)

4. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I hope so...I had the EGA pc version...'twas ok. The black and white Maxintosh version rocked, though. Probably because I played the PC game with a keyboard instead of a mouse.

5. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I bought the coin doubler, I'm on the second floor at the moment. Playing the Asian guy, with bet, gets me 500 Credz per match. I haven't bought any paddles yet. The game is a little too easy, if anything.

6. sawyer4325

sawyer4325 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Haha he's on drugs too...

7. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Nope, just better at video games than you :)

8. aghartastudio

aghartastudio Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    wait until you reach the Third floor those guys will hurt you^^

9. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I'm looking forward to it ;)

10. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    The game plays well and looks great! To me, though, too many other things are added in like the biographies and too much chat. Would like to just get right to the game play. The card game is all right so you can get more coins, etc. The actual air hockey AI is harder than I expected, but I like that. Online multiplayer would really help this go through the roof IMO, though.

11. sawyer4325

sawyer4325 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Only some...

12. Urthop

Urthop Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    That'll never happen, considering the puck can change from side to side multiple times in a second, even a low 50ms latency would seriously kill your game.

13. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    #93 Gabrien, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
    I truly think you appear to imagine there being more going on in our exchange than there is in actuality. I'd prefer to leave it at that. As for the rest, I will only mention one thing: I haven't been able to beat Marvin. Not once in around an hour and half of play. Unlocking the second floor and experiencing the level of play there was immediately followed by deleting the game. The game is, in my experience, a tremendous grind with difficulty (at least the devs are being original!) serving as impetus to purchase IAP. I believe my experience will better represent that of the average player. Obviously we disagree, and I think it would be pretty pointless to continue the discussion.

14. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Haven't delved much into this game but perhaps I should save myself the pain and just delete it now!
    You know what they say what killed the cat:)

15. aghartastudio

aghartastudio Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    yeah if the games sells well we plan to add wifi Multiplayer and why not online multi with tournament real rankings and such

there is so many possibilities of add on with the game that my head is spinning;)

16. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    I've been playing and I'm enjoying it
    I've won quite a few against Marvin and the other creatures
    I'm at 500 plus
    Have to get to two thousand to unlock the second floor
    Guess I'll keep playing!!

17. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    Crap. I can't even beat Furry. Too bad. I wanted so badly to love this but if I can't get anywhere with the weakest characters, there's no point in continuing, is there? Advice anyone? Yes, I suck, please don't just advise practice.

18. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Practice IS the answer though.

Failing that, you can tell where the initial hit will make the puck go. Especially with FURRY, since he articulates his intentions pretty obviously. E.g. if his paddle is to the right of the puck before he starts, the puck will go left and so on. All of them have these cues, lasting for less and less as you go up in difficulty.

19. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    Every game I play with anyone on the first floor winds up as "practice", so there is no real "practice". But thanks anyway. I'll keep at it until I feel like tossing iPad against a wall before deleting. What a shame.

20. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    As soon as it makes click, all three of the lower level guys are pretty easy. Seriously. Key it not just to swipe left and right to catch the puck, it's important to push it forward, give it speed and slam it into the corners... and as long as you keep control over the enemy's special powers - which isn't hard as well - you're in for winning.