Any developers out there willing to create this game?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by jonnyl888, Mar 29, 2009.

1. jonnyl888

jonnyl888 New Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Hi,

I like many others only have a Windows and not able to use the iPhone sdk. But I just want to create a game for the iphone! The idea behind my game is sort of like soap box racing.

- You can fully design, customize and buy addons for your vehicle, inc. engines and rocket boosters.

- There are many types of racing and challenges e.g. downhill drag race, stunt jumps, track races etc.

- The use of weapons would be cool.

- It will have a more realistic 3D environment, not cartoons.

Also I would like to add, if anyone is interested in my idea or have any comments on it please do add them here. I can do the 3d modeling if that helps...

2. anduril_ukr

anduril_ukr Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    This is pretty much a summary of what I wrote in another thread: It seems there are many more people with game ideas than devs who need a game idea (not improvements to already made games). Anyone can thinks of a great idea for a game, but not everyone has the time, knowledge, experience, or money to make a game. Its a good idea - but I doubt a dev will just come across it and make it just like you want.

3. strawdog

strawdog Well-Known Member

I'm afraid I agree with Anduril. Most programmers learned to program because they had ideas that they wanted to turn into games. Coming up with ideas isn't as hard as actually turning them into a finished game so most developers already have more ideas than they need.

Check out development focused communities like Gamedev.net (Help Wanted Forum) and you will see that people with "in idea" don't get taken too seriously. In order to recruit people you will need to prove to them that you have a worthwhile skill and can contribute something more than just an idea to the project. You have said that you can do the 3D modelling so set up a website and start posting examples of the game's artwork so that people can see what it will be like and what you can do. That is the best way to attract a team.

4. Kris Jones

Kris Jones Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Producer/Publisher/Designer of Mobile Games
    America
    I'm sure there are many developers who are willing to build this for you! :)

All you need to do is provide the proper game design documents that you have created along with roughly $50,000 and then I am sure you are in business and can make it in about 3 months.

5. travistrue08

travistrue08 Active Member

Mar 23, 2009
    President, Founder, Programmer, Game Designer, Par
    Vegas, Baby!
    My team and I are a small outfit, but with some pretty big projects coming around... This soap box game does sound interesting though. Back when I was a homebrew dev for the PSP, I had an idea for a racing mini-game for one of my full-blown game design ideas. I also incorporated the idea into a space-aerial/shooter railshooter-like game which pretty much is Galaxy on Fire. We do have plans for a unique-ish game like this though... It's just not scheduled for production yet.