iPhone Magic 2013

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vernimator, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    #1321 Brrobotix, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    yeah I was more just countering the opinion that you need to pay a dollar to unlock every deck. I've only paid to unlock a few decks, usually after I played with the deck for a solid five or ten rounds to get a feel for it and saw that the deck wouldn't be effective until I unlocked the locked cards. Even then I've still just done it the old fashioned way for a lot of decks. And I've realized it's not as fun to play with fully unlocked decks so I've been just doing it the old fashioned way lately with rakdos and garruks decks.

2. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    As I said, I can definitely see the point to the full unlocks if not wanting to spend the time needed, but I will NEVER understand the point of the "Foil" IAPs! Why would I want to spend a dollar just to have some of the cards eerily glow and pulsate in one of the decks? I mean I could maybe get behind paying a buck to see this feature in all of the decks but can't imagine anyone silly enough to drop $21 to see this effect in all of the decks.

3. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Agreed. I feel like having all cards foiled ruins the awesomeness of the foil promo cards too

4. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I love this game but boy did it tick me off last night. I know I'm late to the party but I started working on the challenges again. I thought that they were cleverly designed and fun until I hit challenge #7, Sculpting the Perfect Warrior. I didn't understand what was happening with the "living weapon" cards because I had never encountered them in the campaign, the "more info" didn't describe them and neither did the help section. I figured out how they were used and tried for hours to figure out this challenge. One thing I was baffled about was why sometimes I could cast my Phyrexian Metamorph and when I did I would die instantly. I finally broke down and looked up the solution online. My stumbling block? Oh it was another concept not mentioned anywhere, phyrexian mana that lets you pay two life for the cost. How the **** was I supposed to know this? No wonder I couldn't solve the challenge. :mad:

5. FoolishEarthling

FoolishEarthling Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Manchester, UK
    That's not ideal, I agree. On the plus side you've managed to play 99% of one of the most complicated games in the world, and only stumbled on the last 1%...

6. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I like your way of thinking! :)

I got over it and am working on puzzle #8. I like a good challenge.

7. lyace21

lyace21 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2012
    This will never be available on iPhone right? :(

8. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    I can't see this fitting on the iphone screen. It's hard enough to fit on the iPad.

9. lyace21

lyace21 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Yeah, I thought so. :(

10. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    They said that about assassins creed recollection and it fits just fine. Many other games have been dubbed not able to fit and they've also been just fine.

Sure if you've got 50 creature cards out in play, it's going to be difficult to fit all that in. But I've never had that situation, and generally have more than enough room.
    There's also ways for grouping things together if you really want to play with fifty creatures out on the board.

I think it can be done, and really hope they do it, because i reckon it will trump just about every card game across iPad and iphone if they do.

11. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Sorry guys, could I ask the size of the game installed? Thanks!

12. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Around 1.2 GB

13. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
  14. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    what are the odds of any more DLC coming out for this game? I'm still working my way through unlocking all the decks and customizing them, but I'm curious as to how many decks this will end up with. Also, are wizards definitely never adding promo cards to any of the new decks?

15. Pinkbooger

Pinkbooger New Member

Feb 18, 2013
    Grave Titan

I was looking at the obedient dead deck on the deck manager and I don't see grave Titan in the deck or in the unlock cards part? How do I get this card in my deck?

16. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    use these codes:

1 - WMKFGC
    2 - KWPMZW
    3 - FNMDGP
    4 - MWTMJP
    5 - FXGJDW
    6 - GDZDJC
    7 - HTRNPW
    8 - NCTFJN
    9 - PCNKGR
    10 - GPCRSX

17. Pinkbooger

Pinkbooger New Member

Feb 18, 2013
    Thank you, are those all the promo codes?
    Secondly, what are the decks that dominate?

18. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    #1338 darkhorse, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
    AFAIK, yes those are all the codes.

Dominant decks? I'll say the Goblin deck can be vicious in a hurry if you can get it going. And Crosswinds is good too, but it takes time to set up. Most of the DLC decks are great as well.

Edit: helpful analysis on the original decks HERE

19. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    #1339 Brrobotix, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
    I've used this site for deck guides :
    http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp2013/index.html

Also you can google and find wingspant's deck guides on top tier

Basically any deck can be incredibly powerful when its fully unlocked. Certain decks are more powerful against others, but all have some effective builds. Wizards have done a really good job of balancing the game so that you can win with just about any deck. It really depends on how you want to play. I personally like blue control decks, but I've won and lost to just about every deck. The one thing I'll say is that i always pays to trim your decks to 60 cards. most of the strategy of magic 2013 is in the deck trimming process.