Universal Plague Inc. - (by Ndemic Creations)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ndemic Creations, May 26, 2012.

1. barryweiser

barryweiser Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    I'm having virtually the same problem. Can't quite get the rest of the population...not sure what to try next. I feel like I've tried just about every variation possible.

Do people utilize the "devolve" option? If so, when? That is about the only thing I haven't tried yet...

2. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    Based on everyone's comments and the developer being an active part of the thread, I just bought this. This is crazily fun! I failed my first try on Normal, but won my next on casual. Too bad casual won't unlock the next level.

3. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Well, I don't get it.

So, I destroyed the whole world except for Greenland. The cure was at 38% with no development going. Suddenly people at Greenland stop being infected and I lost for some reason... Wtf?

4. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    #64 Royce, May 29, 2012
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
    You probably needed cold resistance or drug resistance. If they shut their ports and airports, you have to hope your disease has a strong foothold there and enough infectivity in that climate/population type. Greenland is always one of the last countries to crack for me, but I usually start in Brazil.

Edit: it's also possible your lethality was too high. In the end game, you have to be careful to make sure the sick don't die off so fast they don't have time to infect the healthy. If you wind up with a completely healthy population (all sick die) after air and sea ports close, you're SOL, especially if it's an island.

5. Sheriffess

Sheriffess New Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Great job, Ndemic.

Very fun and addictive game! Finally beat "Bacteria" on Normal just then, after a few times. :)

There is one bug I have encountered a couple of times now. It's where 6 lines of counting data appear on the screen (above and through the DNA counter). It states information such as "Update.EntityUpdate: 0ms", "Draw: 2ms", "CollisionReactions: 0ms" etc. Takes up a bit of the World View, a little distracting.

Once it appears at random, I cannot get rid of it at all, so had to uninstall the app and reinstall it again. It's actually appearing now, but I don't want to uninstall it again and lose the progress of passing "Bacteria".

Just thought I'd tell you! Excellent work though, even my girlfriend (who's a nurse) finds it interesting. :)

6. Ndemic Creations

Ndemic Creations Well-Known Member

There is a memory issue which is causing occasional crashes on some devices. We are fully aware of this and will be fixing it in update 1 - which is being submitted to apple tonight - we have been working pretty much 24/7 to get it done! (As well as stability, it also makes the app universal and adds other cool features/functionality that people have suggested!)

7. Ndemic Creations

This is needed because the app was always designed to be universal for iPad (update available very soon!). I didn't think it would be that much of a problem?

Really glad you are finding it so fun. I know it is annoying that casual won't unlock it but I really wanted to keep the game challenging. Also - later disease types are harder and I didn't want to scare people off! I am considering making normal mode a bit easier in the update. Thoughts?

Thanks - known bug and already fixed in Update 1 which is being submitted tonight

8. doltrin

doltrin New Member

May 29, 2012
    Crash

Hello ndemic.the game crashes after i press the icon to enter the app.i reinstall it but the same thing.im on iphone 4s 5.1.1.you believe the update you are working on will do the trick for me?

9. Ndemic Creations

Hi Doltrin

Crashing as soon as app started usually means that you have a jailbroken phone with a pirated copy of the game. Is this the case?

Regards

James

10. doltrin

doltrin New Member

May 29, 2012
    Nope this not the case.just formatted my phone to 5.1.1 from 5.0.1.fresh install with few apps installed

11. Ndemic Creations

In that case, can you drop me a message with your email and we can do some proper debugging as this is an exceptionally rare issue and the first I have heard of it!

12. Mouette6

Mouette6 Member

May 29, 2012
    Game Impressions

I gotta say that's this is a very good game, I've spent hours playing with it (I also downloaded pandemic 2.5 but I find it less "user friendly" [and it has no unlocks]).
    But sadly, I find it way too hard, it took me many tries to beat in normal with the bacteria, and now I'm stuck with the fungus (which is a pain in the as* to play). I thought maybe you could enable people to unlock the next disease simply by beating the previous one in casual (and the cheats with normal).
    Or maybe you could just decrease the global difficulty ?
    Anyways, thanks for this great game :D

13. Espekayen

Espekayen Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Re. Sideways scrolling when fully zoomed out

No, it's not a major issue at all. Just thought I'd mention it in case it was an oversight on your part.

Also, I think normal difficulty needs tweaking to make it slightly easier. It's a bit too tough to beat at the moment.

14. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Fungus is such a pain :( I beat it by starting in a hot country, then waiting for it to gradually infect every country, adding the air and water transmissions until maxed, 1 level of drug resistance, and 2 levels of cold resistance. When my fungus mutated a new symptom, i'd devolve it to make it less noticeable...eventually (after like 15-20 minutes) I had the entire human race infected but still not noticed. So I evolved it and got some fatal stuff (if you can get organ failure, that's the best) and wiped them out before they could discover a cure.

15. Ndemic Creations

Are you using the fungal spore evolutions to spread between countries?

16. doltrin

doltrin New Member

May 29, 2012
    Fixed.reformatted my iphone and fresh install again.i install the game before anything else and works fine.
    Great game as everyone said before.keep up the good work

17. matt1971

matt1971 New Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Don't you just love the range of replies on this thread!!!!!

Top game though and just makes me smile how were all discussing mutating and spreading virus'

Matt

18. Ndemic Creations

19. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    I've yet to beat it on casual. :p So, yeah, it could use some balance tweaks. Either that, or offer more of a focus on high scores and leaderboards. Enjoy the game, though. Wish it was a tad more interactive, but it's a very good start.

20. Ndemic Creations

Just for you GeekyDad - I am making casual and normal a bit easier in the update which we are submitting tonight ! ;)