Sky Gnomes [racing] - Asynchronous Multiplayer, Leagues, Daily Tournaments

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Jdragoon19, Jan 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iJay

iJay Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Okay, thanks for clarifying.

2. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    I've signed up!

3. Livven

Livven Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Germany
    Signed up as well, a bit late but hope I can get in there nonetheless.

4. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Nope, not at all! We'll be accepting beta testers up until the day we release the first beta build (hopefully sometime this week -- we'll be working around the clock to get this thing out).

Again, we'd love to have as many testers as possible, so even if you're not sure if you should join the beta, you SHOULD join ;)

5. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I'd love to join the beta, and already clicked the TestFlight link. I have enjoyed your games in the past so I look forward to helping you out.

6. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I would also be interested in beta testing this.

7. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Awesome, thanks everyone -- we have over 150 testers so far, and we'll keep accepting until the very last minute :) See details on the 1st page if you're interested.

In the meantime while we're waiting for the game to get "beta ready", here is the equipment menu screen (NOT final) for the Forest Cup race, showing off some of the style we're going for. Hopefully you can see the Tim Burton/Steam Punk influences.

Also, as you can see there will be a TON of customization with your snow engine, including persistent engine upgrades, equippable trinkets, and powerups. Another cool aspect is that you have to build the stuff with parts you find in game (you won't know what trinkets do until you build them), kind of like a basic discovery/crafting system. Its just a more fun way to buy and figure out what new upgrades do :)

[​IMG]

8. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
  9. LeafEricsson

LeafEricsson Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Sky Gnomes beta

I am interested and have sent my request on TestFlight.

10. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Sorry for the hold up on the beta everyone... the beta is actually ready to go but we're waiting on Apple to set up our Enterprise Dev account to allow unlimited beta testers, which is taking a bit longer then anticipated... sigh.

We should have a gameplay trailer up soon to whet your appetite though ;)

11. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

The 1st beta build is now live on testflight! If you applied, you should have an email with installation instructions.

Please remember this is a beta, so the more feedback, the better! Please keep bug reports to emails (you can send issues to [email protected], or reply to the testflight email), and please only post general impressions here on the forums.

Again, here on the forums we'd love for you to share your general opinions :D

12. Bparker

Bparker Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    A beta tester at home
    Atlantic, IA
    Downloading right now will post impressions in the next 10-15 minutes

13. Bparker

Aug 5, 2011
    A beta tester at home
    Atlantic, IA
    I am really enjoying the gameplay right now. Very fun and I want to keep coming back for more. Feels awesome being second right now

14. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    I'm having a good time.
    The fact that there are so many upgrades has me playing again and again, and the fact that I want to try and make my way to the top of the leaderboards also has me playing repeatedly.
    This is a fantastic, fun, competitive game.

15. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Awesome :) Yeah, I saw you jump up pretty quick on the race list ;) Looks like you're getting pretty good!

So, I've got a question for all testers who've played so far... is it obvious that the other gnomes you are racing against are actually those peoples' races? We record every persons best time exactly as they race through it, so it is actually a really seamless asynchronous multiplayer... its a really cool feature that we want to make sure people know about...

16. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    It's one of the best features. It's actually a brilliant way to see how well you're going throughout the fall, but also makes you want to speed up, and make sure you're ahead, therefore further improving your play/time.

17. Bparker

Aug 5, 2011
    A beta tester at home
    Atlantic, IA
    I also noticed that and its really nice.

18. iJay

iJay Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    #58 iJay, Mar 4, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
    Is it just me, or are there no coins during the race? All I am seeing is snowflakes and ice chunks...

Though I am not seeing the checkpoint either so it is probably just me. haha

Edit: Ah, nevermind. Turns out all the coins are with the checkpoint.

19. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Coins are dropped in lines from the blimp race helper. You'll see him fly up from time to time, which is when he will drop out lines of coins. Checkpoints also have lines of coins leading into them.

As for the checkpoints, they have blinking beacon lights on them to help guide you. You can also generally see when you're coming up to a checkpoint by looking at the race minimap on the left of the screen (the midpoint marker is where the checkpoint will be).

Let me know if you see them!

20. Bparker

Aug 5, 2011
    A beta tester at home
    Atlantic, IA
    Just a question but what do powerups look like?