Universal Super Monsters Ate My Condo! - (by adult swim)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Sep 26, 2012.

1. ElectricGrandpa

ElectricGrandpa Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    Ah ok that makes sense! I had a feeling that might be the case but I thought I saw some things that made me think otherwise. Yeah I definitely need a new 3rd boost then... Hmm

2. sortvind

sortvind Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    extremly fun...until you run out of coins.

3. FrankTouch

FrankTouch New Member

Oct 4, 2012
    I'm stuck in level 29.
    I have achieved all goals but the "Make 100 upgraded condos in one game" I do not get completed. I've skip this goal but it keeps coming back.

4. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    I am addicted to this game.. I just hate having to worry about the coins.

Unless you are consistently great, It's hard to enjoy the game. I can't use boosts because occasionally my tower will fall and then I just wasted all of those coins.

It's hard, I don't want to bash the game because I have been having a blast with it BUT it just needs to be tweaked.

and also, 10,000 for the orient express? really..? I hope their is a happy ending at the end for that price...

5. meatz666

meatz666 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Software Developer
    Aberdeen/Scotland/UK
    I believe this game is awesome.

Those kinda of games that uses this incredible interface to generate an unique, and everything is wrapped with a ultra polish and charming presentation, where japanese accents mash with a opera singer dressed as a Viking.

Get this game.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I've stopped playing the game because of the coins, but i havent deleted it. Im still hoping the devs do something about the coins mechanic. I think i've played too much of the game and most of it was coin grinding and only a handful high score run attempts.

And 10k for each Orient Express Run is ridiculous.

7. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    THANK YOU for the update! The game doesn't run perfectly on my 4th gen, but it's A LOT better! Definitely playable without any frustration now. =o)

8. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Yes I can also say the update makes the game play better...condos flick out much smoother but about the coins...........................................:(

9. LordFerocious

LordFerocious Active Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Awesome, glad to hear it =)

10. LordFerocious

Sep 26, 2012
    #190 LordFerocious, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  11. shiios42

shiios42 Member

Oct 30, 2012
    lord ferocious would you mind if I post my game breaking strategy? I recently achieved my high score of 97 billion and I'm sure this is the best possible way to beat the game. I'm sure I can achieve more since that run wasn't orient express. I also used to be skeptical how people achieve those amount of scores in gamecenter but now upon finding this strategy I believe they are now very plausible. It feels sad though since this strategy feels like an exploit and I already have that sense of completion. It is still a super fun game for sure and I'd still attempt to beat my high score every once in a while.

here's a hint: (Its a variation of ElectricGrandpa's strategy, but with a completely different build and a little mechanic that you should always give attention to.):D:cool::p

12. LordFerocious

Sep 26, 2012
    You can post whatever you want =) I'll be interested to hear it!

13. LordFerocious

Sep 26, 2012
    Also in response to peoples feedback the cost of Orient Express was dropped by half in the last update.

14. ElectricGrandpa

ElectricGrandpa Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    @shiios42 havent been playing for a few weeks, but I'd also love to hear your strategy :)

15. QuantumThermos

Mar 26, 2011
    I'd like to hear the strategy too. I completely stopped playing due to the coin grind.

I was able to just break a billion, but I hate the fact I have to grind coins for hours then just to play a game with boosts and the orient express that goes bad quickly due to a bad flick.

even at 5000 coins for an orient express event this games grind really is not worth playing and ironically it has me in love with the first mamc again. I respect the decision to make the game IAP, but why charge upfront too? I feel I have received a lot of fun for the dollar I paid and think I own most of pikpok games, but the grind in this one unfortunately (to me) is not worth the reward.

16. QuantumThermos

Mar 26, 2011
    guess no strategy, was looking forward to it.

17. grelb

grelb Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    New Zealand
  18. Laethaka

Laethaka Member

Jan 27, 2013
    can we get a leaderboard purge, please? the entire front page of scores are hacked

19. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, it's a bit rediculous.

Personally, I don't care if my score gets wiped out. I've never seen a leaderboard hacked as bad as this one.

20. Fenix6

Fenix6 New Member

Nov 1, 2013
    How to get 10 billion + a 20 minute game

I just finished playing the longest game EVER.

The bonuses : slow chain, double good, and dog

The strategy : As soon as you can get blue and red throw the dog.

The result: just keep chaining matches to get clocks and you will have a 10+ minute game no problem. The slow chain is boosted by red and the clocks are doubled by blue and the time just keeps stacking. The trick is not EVER going into mega of course which can get tricky. Having 2 cats can be your downfall usually so BE CAREFUL! My last highest score was 14+ billion and 20 minutes! Let me know your thoughts!

FeNiX