Are there any good kart racers on the App Store?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Tikicobra, May 12, 2010.

1. Tikicobra

Tikicobra Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    I recently got obsessed with Mario Kart Wii again, and it got me thinking: are there any fun kart racers on the iPhone/iPod Touch?

I know a lot of people are probably going to suggest Cocoto Kart Online, but I couldn't really get into that game. And Crash Kart is just sort of outdated and rough at this point.

2. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    That are as good as Mario Kart Wii(or DS for that matter), no unfortunately.

In my opinion they all suck, couldn't really get into them. Not sure what's so hard about making a good kart racer.

Shrek Kart is the nicest looking one, but I didn't like the controls and the sense of speed is absolutely horrible.

Since you have a Wii though, you might want to pick up Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing. Really loved that game, possibly even more than Mario Kart.

3. DrMonkey

DrMonkey Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Try Shrek Kart and Krazy Kart racing.
    IMO, those are the best and closest games to Mario Kart

4. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I kind of enjoy Cocoto Kart Racer. I haven't played any other kart racers, though, so I'm not the best person for a good opinion :p

5. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Never found a kart racer that forced me to click "BUY" but I can't wait 'till ModNation Racers comes out, it will be better than any previously said titles combines... nobody else has probably heard of it unless they own a PS3 though, I recommend you look it up

6. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    #6 LBG, May 13, 2010
    Last edited: May 13, 2010
    Well this isn't really a kart racer, but it is very similar and has fun cartoony type tracks
    and power-ups etc - Raging Thunder 2.

7. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Crash Kart.

8. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I was going to also suggest ModNation Racers, but thought it would be kind of rude to throw a PS3 game in here when they're obviously talking about strictly iPhone/iPod Touch apps ;)

9. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    There's a PSP version as well, oh but wait that version sucks horribly. At least from what I could tell from the demo.

Let's hope the devs actually got it right with the PS3 version. I need another game to play online with.

Fat Princess can only go so far.

10. mariano774

mariano774 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I think I've played them all, and I must say crash bandicoot is the best!

11. Tikicobra

Tikicobra Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Wow, standards are pretty low for iPhone kart racers, huh?

By the way, I've heard of ModNation Racers; I've been pumped for it since it was announced.

12. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Shrek Kart.