Royal Bounty - Free (Strategy)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by undeadcow, Feb 25, 2013.

1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #1 undeadcow, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
    From the developers of Palm Heroes 2. Royal Bounty is one of the maps in Palm Heroes 2 release (via IAP of $0.99) that was also released individually and is today free. There are separate iPhone/iPod and iPad apps, linked below.

iPhone Edition

Royal Bounty iPhone

Royal Bounty is en epic story about a knight's adventures in a magical world full of mysteries and legends. You will lea…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Royal Bounty is en epic story about a knight's adventures in a magical world full of mysteries and legends. You will lead your army through 4 huge continents, fighting fantastic battles, scavenging, puzzle-solving and much, much more.

The story has several different endings!

We have modified our engine to provide a seamless gaming experience, omitting some unnecessary things like having to end a turn.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Adventure, Role Playing
    Release:Jul 21, 2011
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

iPad Edition

Royal Bounty

Royal Bounty is en epic story about a knight's adventures in a magical world full of mysteries and legends. You will lea…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Royal Bounty is en epic story about a knight's adventures in a magical world full of mysteries and legends. You will lead your army through 4 huge continents, fighting fantastic battles, scavenging, puzzle-solving and much, much more.

The story has several different endings!

We have modified our game engine to provide a seamless gaming experience, omitting some unnecessary things like having to end a turn.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Role Playing, Strategy
    Release:Jun 24, 2011
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Guess I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

3. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    App Shopper shows both Royal Bounty and Royal Bounty HD dropping to free on 24 Feb and jumping back up to paid on the same day.

A few hours sale?

4. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    It was free a whole day.

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    When I posted this thread I saw it had been free, according to App Shopper, about 6-8 hours. I noticed also that the developer posted in the Palm Heroes 2 thread that Royal Bounty would be free for one day. They are preparing Palm Heroes 3 (details in the Palm Heroes 2 iPad thread) so, based only on my own guess, I wouldn't be surprised the see additional discounts in the near future to promote the upcoming sequel.

6. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    No biggie. I have Palm Heroes 2 already anyway, just surprised at the very short promotional period.

7. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Gotta remember too that by the time the app shoppers/finders see a sale, it may be hours after the sale started. It all depends on when their software crawled through the store and updated prices. So it may have caught on to the sale late. If the sale was just a couple hours it is often the case that they may never see the price drop at all because of how long it takes to crawl through that many apps looking for changes.