This might be able to help you

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by murphy11, Mar 23, 2014.

1. murphy11

murphy11 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    HI,
    I just wanted to share a quick experience I had to maybe help you figure out how to get more downloads for your app. I made a Facebook ad in like 5 minutes when my app "Impossible Squares" came out and I didn't think it would work out well. I got my cost per click to about 4 cents by making my audience very specific and with a $18 a day budget I posted a picture of my results. You can probably guess what day my campaign ended by looking at my downloads chart. I went from about 300 to 40 to 18 in two days after averaging 300 a day for a couple weeks.

No, the money spent will probably never be recouped because my game is too hard and the ads are poorly placed within my free game, but if your game is really good and you need to get the word out this really helped me get downloads and its relatively cheap.

Take with this what you will it may help someone looking for cheap downloads.

Attached Files:

2. Option4Studios

Option4Studios Active Member

Jan 1, 2014
    Sounds good, thanks for the useful info!

3. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Thanks for this, very interesting

4. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Did you start advertising from the moment it was released?

5. murphy11

murphy11 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Sort of.. I did on the 25th and didn't get many clicks but anyway heres my Facebook advertising clicks per day chart. I probably should have put that in the original post here it is.

edit: also disregard the "mobile app installs" part of the graph. I don't have the Facebook api in my app so it puts it as 0 as there is no way of tracking if the ad caused a download or not without it.

Attached Files: