Universal Temple Run (by Imangi Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 3, 2011.

1. kshep

kshep Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Sep 15, 2008
    Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions everyone! Additional unlock-able characters is high on my list of things to add. We've had a lot of requests to play as a female character (Helen Mirren perhaps? ;-) ), so we'll definitely add one, and we have some other great ideas too. Would you all like the characters to be purely aesthetic, or do you think each should come with their own special powers?

We just submitted the first update this past Friday, this was just a quick one to fix a few minor launch bugs, but we also added a few more objectives! We'll add more cool stuff in the next update.

@backtothis That's the first I've heard of anyone having trouble with achievements not showing up. Have they shown up yet? They should try to sync any time you go to the Objectives page from the main menu. Are your high scores submitting to the leaderboards?

Thanks everyone!

-Keith

2. DestroyX

DestroyX Active Member

Sep 2, 2009
    France
    Don't add specific powers to new characters, it will kill the leaderboard competition like it did with minigore... I mean, It's hard to get a good balance between different characters when you do that.

But we should buy these new characters with our coins, it could be nice.

3. bouglibougla

bouglibougla Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Game Impressions

really fun to play,
    however how many levels do we have? i am always in yellow ruins and some semi forest stuff, is there anything else?

4. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Levels? It's an endless runner :/

5. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I really want something elso to spend my coins on now! I have been wasting my money on wings - got about 140 now!

So yes, characters would be a good addition. And more upgrades for existing power-ups. And new power-ups!

6. cjsbug

cjsbug Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Los Angeles
    I just got a chance to DL this morning. Loving it. Fresh take on endless runners just when you think the genre has been played out. Great work imangi! You never disappoint.

7. ak47killa

ak47killa Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    I just hit 2 mil. This has to be the best running game I've ever played. Everything about it is perfect. I would add some more upgrades though.

8. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

Definitely loving the Indiana Jones vibe to this! Would love to see those characters and new upgrades in an update but the game is perfect as it is. This is one of my best buys of the year!

9. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    I really, really love this game!!
    I was so fed up with endless runners, but this game brought the love back for the genre.

That being said, I do have a problem with the controls... :-(
    I would estimate a good 75% of my deaths is because the game mistakes my turning right or left for a jump or a slide...
    The controls are great, but they need a bit of tweaking IMO..

10. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Thanks for the tip! I had never clicked the objectives page before. Just did now, and I got my 12 achievements. Awesome :]. Back to playing.

11. hasio_john

hasio_john Well-Known Member

Please, don't ruin the game with more IAPs!!
    I mean, the coin packs are enough!!
    New characters with their own special powers sounds amazing... :D
    By the way, congrats for your game, personally is one of my favorites!!:)

12. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    There are basically 3 backgrounds: yellow bricks, forest + stones and forest + wood path.

BTW, one great thing that made me come back was the upgrades. So my suggestion is to increase the existing upgrades power.

13. Flynn Taggart

Flynn Taggart Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I ####ing love this game. It is my new pooping game.

14. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Am I the only one having some trouble with the controls as they are now?
    Judging from the points in the millions some people on the TouchArcade forums have , it seems I'm a bit alone... :confused:
    I tried playing the game on my iPad, but the I keep dying when I swipe to turn and the game insists that I swiped to jump or slide...

I must really, really suck at this game, I finally reached 2500 Meters, can't imagine ever reaching 10000 meters...

Having said all this, I still can't stop playing, this game is absolutely addicting, and I'm a big fan of Imangi Studios.

I just remembered: I believe you have a slightly confusing spelling error in the game; I believe you mean invincibility and not invisibility as is written in the Store under upgrades...

Oh, a big thumbs up for an iPad version, I'll be among the first to buy an HD version, even if you choose not to make it universal. It's one of the few games where using tilt actually works on an iPad, I suspect it's because you only have to tilt the iPad slightly.

15. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    THIS... I pretty much stopped playing that frequently after unlocking everything. But running for these upgrades was soooo addicting. So, yes, make them even better... let them last longer, boost the multiplier even more and make them appear more often. Getting the full magnet later on feels fantastic! I want it more often and longer... :)

16. h9lz444

h9lz444 Member

Nov 11, 2010
    is there a fix coming for the stats ?
    Highes Score: 176.415
    Longest Run: 176.415m

something is not right here is it ?

suggestions for improvements:

- more power ups
    - more scenarios (f.e caves,waterfall area etc)
    - more traps (like 10 floats on water and you have to jump from one to another)

17. hamster787

hamster787 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    please add your current high score to the ingame screen
    thank you ;)

18. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    No problems with controls for me.
    I'd like to see more environments tho. Like someone above said caves and stuff would be cool

19. kshep

kshep Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Sep 15, 2008
    Glad everyone is enjoying the game! Lots of great ideas for powerups, upgrades, and new themes here. Keep em coming, we're already working on some cool stuff for the next update!

Definitely we're already working on some more updates / powerups, so stay tuned!

Glad that fixed the problem!

Don't worry! Our plans are to add more to the game that you will unlock using coins. Whether you want to play for coins or buy coins, that's up to you...

Wow, that is quite an honor! Any game that gets playtime on the crapper is a success in my book!

I haven't really heard of many people having problems with the controls. I'll check it out on our iPad to make sure it's not something iPad specific.

Yes, we've already submitted the first update which fixes this issue and a few other small issues. Hopefully it will get approved in a few days. The update after this will be the one where we start to add additional content, powerups, etc

20. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    #64 in Top Paid Apps.