Dead Trigger 2 - (by MADFINGER Games, a.s.)[Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    #401 Johnny101, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
    That's not true. Their games are very good. Dead Trigger, even though it gets stale is better than a ton of games on the app store that cost money. Same can be said about Shadowgun Deadzone, which is an excellent mp game.

the reason they have gone freemium is because they make more money that way.

They have tried to go the premium route, and have not made as much money due to piracy, cheap gamers. People just don't want to spend 7 bucks for a premium game anymore on iOS.

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Tell that to Gameloft and Chair.

3. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I would say they are the exception. Gameloft and Chair were making premium games before the iOS market got cheap. I'm sure they made a lot of revenue back in the day.

Generally, iOS gamers don't like to spend more than a few dollars on app store games nowadays.

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    AAGGGAAAHHHH this is driving me crazy.

I DO NOT WANT TO SEE "I ❤ Dead Trigger" every time I view my account or see any of my posts. PLEASE change it to "Senior Potentate of the Dead Trigger Denigration Society" or even just back to senior member, it's about to make me jump off of the digital cliff!!!

5. I personally think that companies like Gameloft, Chair, and Madfinger should get some recognition for the fact that they often push the limits of ios and try to make great console like games. While of course, there are a lot of growing pains and pricing issues, there just aren't that many companies trying to push the limit. They deserve some respect for doing so, without them, all our games would looke like Angry Birds, Temple Run, or Cut the Rope.

6. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Completely agree.

7. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    They get enough recognition. I'd rather see this happening to indie developers. I mean, big companies that have lots of money make a game with average gameplay and some fancy graphics. Imagine if passionate indie devs would have the resources to include awesome graphics and more content into their games which burst of originality and great gameplay already.

I'd say that all indie devs should become project leaders and game designers at bigger companies. That is the solution. :p

8. Welcome to the camp :)

9. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    I see people calling an unreleased game a "tech demo".

[​IMG]

I'm scared, pass me a blanket and a marshmallow sandwich please n.n

10. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    #410 Darth Nihilus, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
    Delete.

11. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Except that Minigore is actually fun.

12. 2133

2133 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Student
    Indonesia
    Wow this thread is awesome.

For some reason I love the original DT. It doesn't feel repititive for me.

LMAO, JBRUU.

13. Ravensword Lover

Ravensword Lover Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2013
    Let's not forget you can enable Tegra 3 effects on non-Tegra devices with the Chainfire3D plugin. I don't buy it either.

14. vipergts1885

vipergts1885 Member

Oct 13, 2010
    not trying to be rude but u are wrong..the average android gamer doesnt like to spend money but the average ios gamers spends more then 10 dollars a week in a article i read awhile back..thats y developers like working with ios and thats also y we get big devs releasing there games months before android gets them ..if they even get them that is ..i myself and most my friends by atleast one game a week i have easily over a grand in bought games and apps and thats hte same with pretty much everyone i know

15. 2133

2133 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Student
    Indonesia
    Big name games? Give firemonkeys some reputation

16. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA

I don't think you're being rude but I am right.

The average iOS gamer doesn't want to spend 7 bucks on an app store game. A couple years back, games like Modern combat 4, and other premium games would have been on top of the charts but if you look at the current trend. The top 25 in paid apps are an average of 1 to 2 dollars, the top 25 grossing apps are the same.

I'm not talking about gamers like you, myself and several others on this thread that are willing to buy apps at a 7 dollar cost but generally most iOS gamers are way too cheap and will pirate the game or borrow accounts rather than support the dev and pay for it.

Unfortunately that is why a lot of companies are going the Freemium route.

17. 2133

2133 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Student
    Indonesia
    Hoggy, I want in too.

Pass me those marshmallows. You have chocolate ones?

18. Wow, Madfinger, developer of Dead Trigger 2, has responded again to comments. Interesting read, reposted here with link on bottom.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=163961&page=46

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Pestilence and plague to the defense squad! Forward Denigration Societans!

20. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    You should totally change your signature to something like, "JBRUU & MF, BFFs 4-eva!"

You know, to complete the whole "heart DT" thing...:p;):D

DBC