Where to complain against cheater developers

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by coldcake, Nov 2, 2010.

1. coldcake

coldcake New Member

Nov 2, 2010
    I am totally socked to see that some game have too many fake reviews which definitely are paid reviews.

I want to complain against those developers to apple but unfortunately I don't know in what email address I should send the complain email.

Please help me. thanks in advance.

2. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany

don't you have better todo? they invested alot of cash for their fake reviews :)

in itunes there should be a button for any kind of problems you have with a game..

3. EssentialParadox

EssentialParadox Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    UK / Toronto
    Unfortunately, there's not much you can do to police it unless Apple begin targeting it themselves by setting up 'stings', but I can't see that happening.

Ultimately, if they wanna spend money on fake reviews, so be it. It doesn't necessarily mean they'll get more sales, and it certainly doesnt result in their app getting into the charts.

But if a customer buys an app and it's not as described, they should know they can contact iTunes and get a refund. —Always make sure to exercise that right, or you'll get ripped off.

4. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

In my opinion, you don't have to do that! Those cheat is not gonna work if the game is not great. Right now there're only 2 reasons remaining for a title being success:

1. Decent game (which people are addicted & willing to recommend to his friend)
    2. A well marketing plan plus lot of luck.

If a developer can buy their game a lot then saying that their game is good, it's probably only their call and nobody care. Do we see a success story by this cheat action yet? No, so, calm down my man. :)