Monimals by Unseen-Studios

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Unseen Studios, Mar 11, 2012.

1. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    I think this is brillant and wrong.
    Why I think it is brillant because it is Fakemon not the real pokemon we know and love. Hopefully the gameplay and features are like it but changed up a bit.

The wrong is that the game wont make it to the app store, in my opinion, because they are copying someone elses idea's and trying to make it there own. If the game makes it to the app store. I will buy it the first day it comes out and then it will be polled. This is to similar to Pokemon.

Please argue with me and tell me that I am wrong....

2. jirayasama

jirayasama Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Network Admin
    Brasil
    #22 jirayasama, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
    Dear TSO5818

Let you know this is the designer arts for fakemon i put here to show the art of the designer (the designer is the same that make the monsters of monimals game) only this, fakemon is not a game if you go to deviantart you will see more artist made fakemons to show how they think about more pokemon monster please don´t make wrong impressions,

3. 4SlotToaster

4SlotToaster Member

Feb 25, 2012
    of course they are. isn't it obvious? ;)

4. Unseen Studios

Unseen Studios Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    UK
    Hi,

Just to clarify a few things, the fakedex that was linked is from our creature artist but it is his personal work, we will not be using any of those creatures in this game and have come up with a brand new set of 110 Creatures to include in the game with many more to come in updates and expansions.

While we have based the game on a well known brand we are confident that we can do enough to set the game apart from just being a clone and produce it in it's own right. We will of course not be using any copyrighted or trademarked material in the game.

As for an update on the game:

Battling is nearing completion, we still have a few skills left to finalise and we need to adjust the values of some skills but we are getting there. You will find all the familiar battling mechanics that you are used to as well as some surprises in there, the AI may also surprise you, expect strategic fights against both "trainers" and wild creatures alike.

The Overworld is also catching up the battling quickly, "trainer battles" are fully implemented as well as wild random Monimal battles and item pickups.

We are also looking in to making it rewarding to actually train your Monimals and not just toss them aside once you have hit the final evolution and just stick with a team of the best creatures and we will be bringing you more on this soon.

We hope to have a video demonstrating some of the game for you shortly.

Thank you for your interest in the game.

5. jirayasama

jirayasama Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Network Admin
    Brasil
    We the "players" are waiting for the video, i put the image of fakedex to show all the art come from the creature designer because i find sensacional very spetacular and cutie and now let us to see the game videos to make that gorgeous creatures in video game world.

Good Work to you and make a great game to us

6. Qurao

Qurao Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Denmark
    I'm really digging the "Who's that Pokémon?"-style teasers. Looking forward to seeing more of what you've got to offer.

7. LookingForGames

LookingForGames Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Appstore
    Really interested in this, looks very nice:D

8. Unseen Studios

Mar 23, 2011
    UK
    #28 Unseen Studios, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
    It seems the mods deleted a bit more than I wanted when I asked them to remove the posts about the other game.

Anyway I thought I would show you guys one of our thoughts for one of the male and female player character designs and see what you think:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Neo-Dragon

Neo-Dragon Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Nice designs.
    I like their 80's style collar sticking up ha.

I really like the look to the male character.
    I think the female's hair is too long though. It's down to her bum lol.

10. Felix_Felicis

Felix_Felicis Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Excellent designs, really looking forward to it.

I don't see any reason why this would be blocked from the app store. If "clones" got blocked Gameloft wouldn't exist as a studio, and it's high time a high-profile monster capture game was made. Nintendo has been exceedingly stubborn about not brining pokémon to iOS, but they own pokémon, not the idea of monster-capture adventures.

Hope to see more on here or your blog soon! The first publishers to come up with a good monster-capture game with solid art and exploration combined will essentially have a license to print money.

11. CodyDeluxe

CodyDeluxe Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    Salad Monsters!

12. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Is this game still in the works or what?

13. Unseen Studios

Mar 23, 2011
    UK
    Hi,

Yes the game is still very much in the works. We are currently in talks with a number of artists and writers to ensure we can bring you the highest quality game possible.

Thanks for your patience.

14. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    May I ask, what percent of the game is finished? Also, any gameplay footage yet?

15. Unseen Studios

Mar 23, 2011
    UK
    Hi,

We are not yet ready to release any screenshots as we are still working on the art side of things and we feel it would be doing the game a disservice to show it in its current state.
    Rest assured we are aiming to produce the best game we possibly can and will hopefully have something to show you very soon.

Thanks

16. DeathWeed

DeathWeed Member

May 14, 2012
    Please just redesign the game to be about salad monsters. Instabuy!

17. Unseen Studios

Mar 23, 2011
    UK
    We may include some Salad Monsters for the die hard salad fans in a later update, they will not make it the cut for version 1 unfortunately.

18. Unseen Studios

Mar 23, 2011
    UK
    We will slowly be revealing all the Monimals so you can pick your favorites for when the game is released. Here are the new revised starters and a few of the first wild creatures

[​IMG]
    (Click the image for the full size image)

Let us know which creature is your favorite.

19. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    pandle is my favorite!!!!

20. Rusothil

Rusothil Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Voltty by far!