Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. SnappyMcfrog

SnappyMcfrog Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    Thanks Maholah for the info on racing high level frogs , will have to check out habs 1 and 7.

Anyone notice any unusual mutations in the new frogs? I haven't yet, but perhaps there aren't any?

Thanks to Andi, Gracesqx, Javar1ch, Laurafitz,
    and anyone else who sent frogs recently.

A good night to everyone. :)

2. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    I have been noticing something strange with my new pond frogs. Whenever I am in a "hopping session" all the new frogs I find in the pond have the same secondary color. Yesterday morning it was Viola and then in the evening it was Ceres. This morning it was Muscus and this evening it was Pruni.

Has anyone else noticed this?

3. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    I think it is a Infinitas, the legs are a different color when it hops. :) Some like it and others don't. I think it is neat.

4. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    1 Frogdeer starter set to give away....

XXX

5. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    BW27, it is then! As for the French, it's all part of our language & in our dictionaries! I try to choose le mot juste to express comme il faut the idea(s) I'm trying to get across. ;)

No mutations per se (hah! not French!) but when hopping in the pond I've twice seen frogs which look almost but not quite like any existing breed. If I had been patient enough to circle the frog a gazillion times while taming the breed I was taming, I would know for sure. That's asking a LOT of me!

Haven't noticed this but will pay attention the next time I spend extended time in pond.

p.s.: Is this the easiest Set to breed E-V-E-R?!! Eight Cluniculas which are all Bruna? Happy to see NB pay attention to the real newbies in PF. Put it this way, if I'm not a gamer & I'm in the top 5% of players, there are a lot of newbies!

p.p.s.: My Set will be ready in less than an hour. Will split up into 4 Starter Sets for there are few newbies here. First request will get the Red Bruna. All other giftees will have to have a Red Bruna Anura (or breed one or simply ask). Frankly doubt there will be any/many takers. All will be bye-bye by noon EST.

6. SnappyMcfrog

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    The Eight Frogdeer set looks like a fast one. Does anyone have ideas on other reindeer look-alike frogs?

Thanks to Andi, Gracesqx, JoEllynO, Laurafitz,
    and anyone else who sent something recently.

Good night to all. :)

7. BlueWater27

BlueWater27 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    :eek:;):D

Pretty happy with my games today. Got my first dream jobber on TT, on my tenth floor. It was a complete accident, I just saw that the bitizen had a "9" in retail so I re-employed him at my new Record Shop, and his DJ was (*gasp*) a record shop! Nice randomizing on my part :)

(getting on-topic here:D) I also had a chance to mill through my Templum breeders and find good racers to boost my total. The best I found was my Royal Viola. And using the multiple-frog-tap glitch I got a few Pluma too.

In case anyone's wondering what happened to my Lanternas, I had to get rid of them because the space clog was getting overwhelming and I was shutting down and not doing anything on my game because the lack of space was stopping my breeding. I'm still grateful for the wheel, meplie, which is why I decided to catolog it for the future, and I hope you're not offended. I just chose Templums because they get me more XP (compare: two MONTHS on level 17 dexing Glacio, one WEEK on level 19 dexing Templums.) I almost stopped playing just before I came here.

8. Mattmanera

Mattmanera Active Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Does anyone have a spare Marinus? I'd be eternally grateful ;)

9. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    Just sent you one! XXX

10. Mattmanera

Mattmanera Active Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Thank you sooo much!!

11. mbarnes41

mbarnes41 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    North Carolina
    I'm back, sorta

Hi,

I finally upgraded to PF2 and setup a GC account: "malbarnes". Although I hadn't progressed that far in PF1 (29%), it feels like I'm starting from scratch. 16% dex isn't trivial but I'll never be able to devote the time as before. Looking for some of my old Plus+ friends, just to see how far you have progressed with the new game. It should be interesting to read through some of the recent posts on this thread.

As always I want to thank all of the great folks on this forum. You made the game a lot more fun. I'd still be looking for my first Signum and FroggyDexter4 would have been impossible without all your help.

THANKS.
    Mal

12. Danjarus

Danjarus Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    thanks for the gifts
    azure dimidius - maholah
    emerald ornatus - grace
    violet fortuno - laura
    blue americano - joellyno
    aqua fortuno & aqua emblema - quossum
    blue infinitas & glass americano - dlstar
    white igneous - nirtew
    tangelo bulbus - squider
    azure viduo, azure americano, orange skeletos & orange lotus - sneeb
    green templum & flecto - shortbus
    azure emblema - awboj

13. lisianne

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Noon came & went. With no takers for the Clunicula Eight Frogdeers Set, I merely sold them off. Was concerned that mailing two to four people randomly ON THIS FORUM WHERE PEOPLE ARE DEXING MUCH HIGHER BREEDS might be considered insulting.

If I was mistaken, I can buy & breed again - let me know.

p.s.: Thanks so much to XXX for the Coclearis, danj for the Fortuna, & MartiNZ for the Frondis.

p.p.s.:It's amazing how much more I appreciate the gifts I *do* get when I don't receive a mailbox-full or more every day. More fun, no stress. Thanks all.

14. SnappyMcfrog

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    Sent starters for Frogdeer to Laurafitz, Quossum, and Miamare.

How could I reciprocate a gift to Sneeb when he doesn't display in my neighbors list, but is in GC friend list? Cannot find Ajtja, either. Am I missing something? :confused:

Thanks to Andi, Ajtja, Gracesqx, Laurafitz, Sneeb (010), for frogs sent, Gozsila for scenery, and anyone else who sent gifts recently.

A nice evening to everyone. :)

15. BlueWater27

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    I'm having the same problem with sneeb (sneebdubple, 010, 101 or whatever :)). May have something to do with the fact that they "quit" a while back. Im not sure

16. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Yeah fully agree; at first it was quite a surprise when the gifts slowed down, but now it really is nice to usually have room in the mail :).

I've finished off Frondis and have my breeders set up for my next breed - I've gone with Pluma for some bearable tame times. I caved and used potions several times for Frondis.

17. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    I don't know about anyone else but my random gifting is almost done to zero now. It just takes so long to tame the frogs and I just make sure that I do enough to send Thank You frogs. Hopefully after the holidays I will have a little more time. I want to be careful though because I have been accused of flooding MBs :D I would like to get back to at least sending one frog a day to all my friends.

Hoping to finish Botulus this weekend and then on to Coclearis (staying with the alpha theme for a little while)

18. BlueWater27

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    I haven't heard a truer statement all morning. :D

19. lisianne

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    #26039 lisianne, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
    Just as it once was much easier to complete 100% of the 'dex, it's now harder in TT to get a dream jobber, not to mention a 9 DJ! With each new bitizen, the player has a one in 110 chance of it being a DJ in a specific store. Those odds don't change with the next bitizen or the next. When there were fewer stores, the odds were one is 100 (last update) or lower than that (in original game).

@ Dean You changed your icon again! Like it. It's fun & colorful. Like @ Snappy's new icon is brightly festive. What ARE these icons? They're too small for me to identify.

p.s.: Thanks for the super froggy gifts to meplie for the Pictoris & Dean for the Botulus (was hoping for a Rainbow Dragon, but... :::sigh::: )

20. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Lol "thanks for the Botulus" has a certain ring to it.

Indeed long taming times are the bane of our gifting lives now. But Dean, your goal of one per friend per day is quite incredible - that would be a 24/7 operation and even you would run out of coin eventually :)!

I think ima stay in the lower new levels for a bit now so I can gift more, but I'm still talking like batches of ~10 lol, and trying not to forget lower-level friends. I reckon it would be neat if the neighbour list would re-sort based on last time I sent people gifts; filters in general would be amazing. Also by recent activity, and somehow weekly set needs lol.