So who is playing Beneath a Steel Sky

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Omega-F, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    #1 Omega-F, Nov 30, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
    This game is really really good. I always wanted to get into adventure games, so I decided to purchase this little gem (for only $0.99). Totally worth it. The graphics are really great; they are old school, but have awesome animation. The audio is excellent; music is fantastic and the voice acting is superb (corny, but in a good way). The puzzles themselves have been well designed so far, and hard I have to say.

Probably my only complaint is that sometimes is really hard to progress, and the tips that they give you suck (they are really unclear).

Right now I'm stuck in the part after you go the trial. You are supposed to enter the club, but is closed. For those who are playing, can you help me with this---- and also post your impressions about this really good iPhone game.

Edit: Problem solved.

2. debtOFskittles

debtOFskittles Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    You have to ask the old lady with the dog walking around to become a member

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    That's how I joined this forum.

4. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    I already did this. I'm at the part after you find that Anita is dead, and you enter LINC with her card.

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Fantastic game, but as I've played through it (twice) on the PC, I didn't quite feel the need to pick this one up.

Highly recommended.

6. Narziss

Narziss Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    When I get stuck I just check out a walkthough like this one.

I adore games with cute robots - and the grumpy robot is amazing in BASS. I also like the ChronoTrigger robot!

However, I quit playing BASS fairly quickly though I definitely don't regret getting the game for only $1.

7. debtOFskittles

Sep 10, 2009
    hmm do you mean the door IN the club? you need to bring the glass to the surgeon to get your fingerprints to match his

8. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    Hoo boy! Yes! I am really enjoying this game. I am not as far as you. I am trying to figure out how to get a ticket from the travel agent. The robot is extremely funny. It's kind of a bummer when he has nothing else to say.

9. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    yeah it's awesome adventure game for awesome price.... but honestly i havnt opened the app for like 2 weeks now :cool:

10. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Nop, I'm talking about the door that's one screen to the left of that area with the pool. The one where you enter to see the trial, but then you automatically get out and is closed again.

The hints in the game say that I have to go to the club, but can't. I already talked to everyone in that floor, and nothing.

11. debtOFskittles

Sep 10, 2009
    ohhh i know what youre talking about... but you don't have to go in there after that... you just have to go down the stairway right next to the doorman

12. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Holy Crap man, thanks. I never noticed that exit. :p

13. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    I really enjoy the artwork, text, voice-overs and music, but I have gotten ignominiously stuck pretty early on. I don't want any hints or spoilers, but I wonder - is it possible to get well and truly stuck in this game? Some old P&C adventures allow one to screw up irrevocably, some don't.

I have to say that I personally prefer a more open structure with many puzzles available at once - this way even if one is stuck with one thing, one can turn to others and still progress. And also, I don't find the much lauded control scheme all that great.

14. carnivore

carnivore Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    germany
    sure i got this. got it back at release but just have played into it on my idevice. already beat it twice on my pc some years ago...

15. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Well, is it possible to get irrevocably stuck in it? If a character confiscates some items from the protagonist, for instance?