Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: the game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by aboll2009, Mar 30, 2010.

1. aboll2009

aboll2009 Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    School
    Atlantis
    #1 aboll2009, Mar 30, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
    Sigh. I though somebody already made this thread so I deleted it all, and now I have to retype it...

Freeverse is developing a video game adaptation of the "classic novel" and it is due for release in April. Information was from the Gamecenter app, can't link from my iPod

2. Joker13z

Joker13z Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Two words. Epic...fail. *sigh* -_-

The game may end up being cool but the simple fact that someone actually wrote that book is sad. :p

3. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Pride and Prejudice is a really famous and highly regarded book? .....Right?

4. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    It is but a game for it with zombies sure isn't going to make it(As far as I know)

5. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    " someone actually wrote that book is sad. :p"

Must've misunderstood. I thought he said that pride and prejudice was a bad book or something :rolleyes:

Didn't realize he was talking about the zombified version.

6. debtOFskittles

debtOFskittles Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    this game will be cool because there are barely any zombie games on the appstore

7. meanstreak

meanstreak Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Independent game designer
    Toronto
    In order to properly pull off a Pride and Prejudice and Zombies game, you'd have to start with a game which is the literary equivalent of the Pride and Prejudice novel and add zombies to it.

So what would be the game equivalent of a literary masterpiece? Tetris? The Sims? Half-Life? :)

8. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    For those that didn't know, there is a book called Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. So the game will be based on that book, which is a sort of joke version of the classic Pride and Prejudice. Yeah, it's confusing, isn't it?

9. Joker13z

Joker13z Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Yeah what he said lol. I was talking about the joke version not the original.

10. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Well the book got some pretty good reviews....but for the game I gues we'll have to wait and see

11. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    Have you actually read it, or are you just judging it based on some personal biases?

Its actually a very funny parody that captures the original very well.

I can't imagine how they will turn it into a good game. I'm guessing that they are going to make some sort of FPS with zombies and people in olde english garb.

Michael

12. sebasterbator

sebasterbator Well-Known Member

That's how I imagine it as well. Sounds kind of silly to tell you the truth.

13. Awe

Awe Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Not an FPS, seems to be a side-scrolling action/beat-em-up by this screenshot.

[​IMG]

14. Beto_Machado

Beto_Machado Well-Known Member

Not only literary critics loved Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, but even Jane Austen fan sites (the ones that would be most logical to hate it) gave it high scores.

The only people bashing it are people that haven't even read it. Hell, i bet a lot of them have'nt even read the original.

15. TheProxy

TheProxy Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Chandler, AZ
    I didn't like the parody that much...I mean it wasn't bad, but it felt to me like they just replaced a few of the nouns into things like "Xiaolin Temple". Then again, I found Pride and Prejudice to be rather meh compared to Wüthering Heights. I'd that had a zombie adaptation, I'd be interested.

16. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

There's actually a lot of people bashing it-more for the horrible knock offs it's inspired since then, but it wasn't very good, and out of the whole book, maybe 15-20% of it was changed. Lazy and sloppy.

Edited to add; I read about half of it, before I I quit-there are far too many good books to read than to finish crap like that.