iPhone 4 is Here

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by 1337brian, Jun 15, 2010.

1. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    #1 1337brian, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
    Waiting for the website to go live and placing my order for a 32Gb in black! :D
    Anyone else going to preorder today?

[EDIT] - Almost 1:00am and still the site hasn't updated, no way I'm staying up ALL night... (I want to though)

2. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Couple questions if you don't mind...
    I am assuming that there is a limited amount of phones to be pre-ordered, correct?

And, if I pre-order will it be delivered to my house?

Finally and something unrelated, if I sell my existing phone unlocked on eBay, is that considered illegal, or some gray area?

Thanks for any help and I hope to join you in owning a brand new iPhone 4. :D

3. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    Store is being updated - should be able to order soon!

4. DarkeMage

DarkeMage Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    High School
    Sydney, Australia!!!
    Still not updated yet... Can't wait to pre-order :D Btw people, should I sell my 32GB iPod Touch since I'm getting the new iPhone?

5. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    Its apple, they usually dont update their stuff til like 10 AM PST...I believe iOS 3 came out at 1:17 EST AM 6/17/09 so, don't kill yourself kiddo ;)

6. kcur

kcur Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    US
    I think Apple just doesn't like it when you jb it. Hacking a device you paid for isn't illegal.

7. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I've been waiting since last night, I expect them to start in 25 minutes, which'll be 9am UK.

8. DarkeMage

Apr 5, 2010
    High School
    Sydney, Australia!!!
    Wow lol. Well, I can wait another 25 mintues. Then I'll check back 2 hours later, hopefully it will be ready for me to pre-order! :D

And can someone answer, do you think I should sell my 32GB 3rd Gen iPod Touch since I'm getting the 16GB iPhone 4?

9. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Yeah, sell it mate. A little cash towards the iPhone 4 won't hurt will it?

10. DarkeMage

Apr 5, 2010
    High School
    Sydney, Australia!!!
  11. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    "Thank you for your purchase from the AT&T Premier Online Store. We're pleased with your choice of AT&T as your wireless service provider.

One-Time Charges
    Phone/Device
    iPhone 4 - 32GB Black
    $299.00
    Monthly Charges
    Data Plan
    Data Plan for iPhone
    $30.00
    Service Discount
    -$8.40
    Estimated Tax
    $19.44
    Shipping
    $0.00
    Monthly Charges

$21.60
    Estimated Monthly Tax
    TBD
    Total One-Time Charges
    $318.44
    Total Monthly Charges
    $21.6

I'm all set,

now nothing but a waiting game!!! Having it shipped right to my work! :D:D:D:D:D

12. DarkeMage

Apr 5, 2010
    High School
    Sydney, Australia!!!
    Lucky.. :( Not available in Australia yet! Grahhh! Hope it's available soon...

13. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Would you people please stop preordering your iPhone 4 upgrades - I can't my order through!!! :) Guess I'll have to try later.

14. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    What are you all going to do with your old devices? Will you mail them to me? :eek:

15. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Can we pre-order at an Apple retail store too? Or just online?

16. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    We'll either keep them as backups, or more likely, sell them on ebay for more then we are paying for the iPhone 4. Well, not really. We are paying $200 to $300 for the iPhone 4 out of pocket, but then paying a lot more for it over 2 years, so we won't really get more for it then a new iPhone! In my case, extending my contract by about 1 year. But then, given that, we're even more likely to sell the old one on ebay!

Does anyone know if when we upgrade, will we lose our saves in games like Puzzle Quest? I know that some games store your saves in the cloud, ones that use Plus+ and such, but other games don't. In the past these saves/data were not backed up and so you'd lose it all if you switched to a new device (for example, when I switched from an iPod touch to an iPhone 3 GS, I lost all my data. Has this changed?

17. Won't be any pre-orders available in Canada yet for several weeks at least -- sometime in July, most likely. *sigh* I'll have to console myself with iOS 4 on the 21st until I can preorder -- but make no mistake, I'm-a gonna pre-order the hell out of it as soon as pre-orders go live. If I have to stay up all night or miss morning work, dammit, I'm gonna. (I'm salaried. I can get away with it. :D)

18. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    So am I the only confirmed preorder?! It's like having a party by myself...:(

19. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    I guess I'm not getting white :rolleyes:

Thanks for announcing it at WWDC Mr. Jobs...

20. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    So F'n pissed off.

Well, Apple has to be the dumbest f*(kin company in the world to not anticipate 20 million a$$holes trying to order the iphone today. I've been trying since 1:00 a.m. and still having no luck at all. Apple and ATT say "we aren't taking phone orders, so go to the broken websites that no one can order from and keep trying a thousand times." They should get Bill Gates to run Apple and just use Steve for stupid, magical, wonderful, beautiful, presentations. Was it too much money for multi-billion $ apple to spend a little extra on more servers to control this circus. F*(kin blogger-tards had to go and announce when the web-site was up. I hope apple had enough common sense to make 100 million of these or else we all are going to be back-ordered until christmas.