I think Gameloft makes alot of fantastic games, but which ones are hit or miss to you

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ilovemyipod, Dec 7, 2009.

1. ilovemyipod

ilovemyipod Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2009
    I really enjoy alot of gameloft games like hero of sparta, or dungeon hunter and for the most part Asphalt 5 since the update but i think gameloft needs to update the game again to really fix the elimination round im in the last of two cities and this one cop chase is killing me.But i think Avatar and Nova will be good.

2. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Aside from let's golf, every single gameloft game I have played (all up till modern warfa...er combat) all of them were tremendous wastes of both my time and money. Especially that god awful sandstorm. I hope some of you gameloft pole jocking groupies learned your lesson in regards to "multiplayer". Check out COD zombies to see how an FPS should be done.

3. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    Touché

4. pvtpyle

pvtpyle Active Member

Jul 24, 2009
    I purchased Dungeon hunter. Good game for the first 3 major levels, after that the lack of multiplayer and over emphasis on the 3d aspect of the game killed it for me. Seems like they skipped out on game play in place of good graphics.

I much prefer the new zenonia or underworlds. This will keep me from buying a gameloft again, especially after seeing similar reviews of their other games.

5. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    Dungeon hunter and Blades of fury were...ok. Nice graphics, but gameplaywise, just ok. Modern Combat bored me to death and Castle of Magic didn't really agree with me at all, i was expecting something a little more Marioish and less...Plok. I will say this, though. I tried the lite version of Real tennis, spent most of the time struggling with the controls and deleted it, thinking it was garbage... but i gave it another chance and bought it during the Thanksgiving sale, and holy crap, im glad i did. It WAS a little hard to handle at first, but i found myself getting the hang of it pretty quickly and by the end, i was tearing up the court!

6. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    Skater Nation is a BIG time miss. Bad controls, not fun.

7. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

castle of magic was the first app i ever wanted to get!!!

thank god it wasnt actually the first, as i probably would have never bought an app again had i got it...

but hero of sparta however... that is how a hack and slash should be made!
    im glad it was my first app ever!

8. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    assassins creed is THE worst game I have ever played in my life.

real soccer 09 was my second ever game (on the ipod) and I still love it

9. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    All hits except for RS10 (bad graphics, unplayabe online mp) and Skate Nation (only because of control issues).

10. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

How dare thy insult my holy Gameloft!

Gameloft are excellent, keeping in mind that we have a mobile platform. The games they prodcue are excellent, but not up to what they are capable of producing.

11. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Gameloft simply makes games for money, that's the biggest problem with 'em.

12. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Hmm Gameloft games that I liked:

Lets Golf
    Oregon Trail
    Uno

It's when they try too hard to copy console games(and fail) that I dislike their offerings. A5 was almost a like for me but the Eliminations ruined it for me and their lazy update didn't make it anymore fun.

13. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    so the general opinion seems to be that the sports games are really good, but everything else is terrible. Do you know what this means?

Gameloft is the mobile version of EA! :eek:

14. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    EA makes good games other than sports games.

Dead Space comes to mind.

15. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    a lot of gameloft's games aren't my type..most of them I don't have, action games like heo of sparta or RPG tpe games or FPSs like MC

I somewhat enjoyed Asphalt 5 and Let's Golf but that's it

16. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    So far I've enjoyed all of GameLoft's titles, but Terminator: Salvation, from the Lite version I played, is probably my least favorite so far.

17. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    The irony in your post is quite funny. Why? Because Gameloft games are anything but portable or mobile; dumbed down "console-like" games.

Most of their stuff is really mediocre, with the exception of Dungeon Hunter, which is a solid clone.

18. aluren

aluren Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    The only Gameloft game I bought was Hero of Sparta at $0.99. I decided to give it a try and see what a $9.99 game feels like. That game has no substance at all, just hack and slash. It gave me a feel of what Gameloft games are like and I never bought another game from them again. As others have mentioned, all they do is capitalize on the fact that a type of game doesn't exist on the iPhone and make one hoping that everyone will buy into the hype.

I did download some of the free versions of MC, castle of magic, blades of fury, ganstar, etc... None of them gave me a feel for replayability or creativity...

19. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

That's kind of what I was trying to say. That Gameloft games are mobile standard, when they're capable of doing better.

20. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I really don't see all this hatred towards Gameloft... they're great game makers. They bring console quality games to your portable device for under $10. I havn't played a single game by them that was just crappy. Even ones commonly killed like Assassin's Creed (which was originally about $30 on the DS) and Skater Nation (although I do agree with the control complaints... it's pretty annoying sometimes) were a ton of fun for me. I really havn't been let down yet, and I always look forward to getting a new Gameloft game since I know it's going to be high quality.

So, I'm going to say they're pretty much all hits for me.