Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. mwadsit

mwadsit Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Okay so you did move to NYC. I considered that but really wanted to see if South America route would work before I invested too too much. LA to Asia wasn't ideal, and I thought I could maintain a larger total distance with Sao to Seoul

2. jdrawmer

jdrawmer Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Yeah it makes total sense, and if your findings show 1k per plane (i assume?) difference, then that's great... On the downside, that would be 2-3 days+ of playing time just to make the cost of setting that up, back!

By the way guys - feel free to add me on GC!

jdrawmer

3. mwadsit

Jun 22, 2012
    #3703 mwadsit, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
    I'm hoping that a 2-3 day stall here helps in the longhaul. Insignificant over the course of 2 months

Plus also wanted to offer up the idea if anyone hasn't fully build the standard LA to Asia route so they can save the money if they choose to do so before getting really invested

4. Axelbond

Axelbond Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Sweden
  5. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    Yeah I do think it's a good idea, well spotted. I might invest myself a little later down the line - perhaps when i've got the planes I want to have (3 Cloudbusters and 2 Cyclones) running the main routes so I don't need to worry about coins for anything else.

I've got 5 planes running my main route now and things are going ace!

6. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Interesting. I'll have to pay more attention next time!
    What usually happens it I just take the Bux to the next city the plane is going to and drop it off. It's always a pleasant surprise when another plane passes thru and discovers the layover, esp if it helps make the next leg a 25% bonus trip.

10 Bux is the highest I have seen so far. I wonder if it gets better.

7. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    Yeah 10 bux is highest for me too. You'd only see higher with the longest trip on the game, that gives that achievement. But that would be pointless.

8. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    Looks like 2 Cyclones, 1 Fogbuster, 1 Tetra and 1 Sequoia aren't enough for my long haul (NYC --> Beijing) flights! Layovers still constantly full! Going to set another Sequoia I have running jobs on the case to take it up to 6... Ridiculous!

9. bastband

bastband Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    England
    Will changing my flight crew name alter the current game i am playing? ie will I have to start over again. if not anyone want me in their crew?

10. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    No it doesn'tn effect anything - just join TOUCHARCADE and you'll win the prize every time as long as you perform 5 event jobs!

11. mwadsit

Jun 22, 2012
    What planes you using as your feeders and jobbers?

12. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    2 x Aeroeagles doing Tokyo and Shenyang --> Beijing, and 2 Pearjets + 1 aeroeagle (waiting to uipgrade to 2 Aeroeagles and no pearjets) doing LA and Chicago --> New York.

13. lighttingwolf

lighttingwolf Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Is Ny to Beijing truely better? If so is it still good to have Honolulu for the flights from Beijing to honolulu?

14. Axelbond

Axelbond Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Sweden
    Hi. I tried that but it says all plane must arrive at the airport before i can close it but i can't do it because i got no money, what am i gonna do?

15. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    It might be worth putting a smaller plane running that to LA, and then your LA feeder picking it up again to drop at New York... IT's definitely better though, lots more profit per hour and shorter flights. You just have to ask yourself whether you want to waste a plane taking the few jobs honolulu gives you? Plane slots are valuable now!

16. lighttingwolf

lighttingwolf Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    true thankl you for you'r response

17. mwadsit

Jun 22, 2012
    Any pears and aeros just running the route for random bux jobs? I've been usin birch as my feeders but will need to upgrade those soon as well

18. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    Yeah i've got a fleet of 6 planes doing bux / full plane runs in the in-between airports... 3 for the west side of the route, 3 on the east side with London as the hub in the middle to chuck ones for either side. Think that's about the right amount of jobbers - could probably handle more but not my priority. I might even need more than 6 long haul planes at this rate! Amazed at how fast the layovers are filling up.

19. Rusothil

Rusothil Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Hey guys, I got the achievement for a transatlantic flight but then in game center it doesn't show up. Any suggestions? Should I reset my achievements?

20. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    Yeah i think it's a common bug - not sure if it's on their list but I know they've been informed.