Strike Force Heroes: Extraction (by Not Doppler)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by notdoppler, Oct 24, 2013.

1. notdoppler

notdoppler Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    #1 notdoppler, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
    [​IMG]

Hi Touch Arcade,
    We are pleased to announce that Strike Force Heroes: Extraction - a new side-scrolling runner/shooter based off the popular flash series with over 100 Million plays will be coming to the App Store Thursday, November 21.

A rogue military organisation is planning an attack, and it's up to you and your team of skilled agents to stop them. You'll gather intel as you run, jump and shoot your way through a 30 level campaign mode. There's also a free-run and survival mode for those who prefer to rack up a high score.

This isn't just your typical runner though - we've introduced a cover mechanic. You’ll be wise to swipe down while running which allows you to take cover and pick your enemies off strategically and dodge their cross-fire. This is especially important at choke-points where you’ll engage in intense fire-fights where timing and finesse are key to survival.

[​IMG]

We've also included 20 unique characters, each with their own unlockable perks and flaws - for example some characters are great at shooting while taking cover, while others can re-generate health while running. But the catch is, they each have their own flaws - some take more damage when running into enemies; while others are more prone to being critically hit by the enemy.

We'll release more details on some of the characters and share some additional snippets of footage over the coming weeks. In the meantime I'll be more than happy to answer any questions you may have!

The game has been designed from the ground up for a touch screen experience and will be available on iPhone 4S or newer and iPod touch 5th Generation for $1.99 US. The game will also have a HD version for iPad available for $2.99 and more details can be found here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=209767

Make sure you check out the trailer below

2. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Looks awesome, but there's one important question:
    Will it be paid or free?

3. notdoppler

Sep 2, 2012
    Thanks for the kind words :). The game will be a paid game. We should hopefully have some more details on pricing soon (and we'll update the thread once pricing is announced)

4. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Any new info on this?

5. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    I totally miss out this game, any info for release?

6. notdoppler

Sep 2, 2012
    Hey everyone :). The game was uploaded to Apple a couple of days ago and is currently awaiting review - so we hope to launch at some point in this second half of this month.

As soon as the launch date is finalised I'll put an update in this thread. I should also have some new screenshots posted up soon too :). We are very excited - not long now until the launch!

7. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Glad to hear, hope can play it soon

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This looks solid.

9. notdoppler

Sep 2, 2012
    Hey everyone,

I thought I'd include some preview screenshots from the game below.

The game is very close to launching now! We should have some finalised news on Monday about the game's release date :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Funday Factory

Funday Factory Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    This looks fun!

11. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Looks a fun game. :)

12. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Wow, this looks very fun!

13. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    iPod 4 true compatability and if so how good?

14. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Totally awesome, want to check the gameplay vid

15. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Is this strictly an auto-runner? I saw the character stopped in certain parts of the video, which gives me hope that I will have at least some control over my character's progression.

16. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Why i missed this threat >.<.
    It looks really great, must have.

17. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    I might just get this when it comes out :D

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    notdoppler, I've been a huge fan of Earn to Die for a long time now and have it on iPhone, iPad, as well as buying the Android version just earlier today. I have to ask if you have plans for an Android port of Strike Force Heroes. :eek:

19. notdoppler

Sep 2, 2012
    Release date confirmed for Thursday 21st November

Hi Touch Arcaders,

Some great news! Apple has approved the app and we're launching this week - Thursday 21st of November! We're pricing the game @ $1.99 US for iPhone & $2.99 for iPad (HD version)

Some great questions as well guys, answers below - let me know if you need any more information and I'll try post a quick video tomorrow as well showing off how the game play works.

SumoSplash - Well spotted! The game is auto-runner as left side control is for jumping and right side control is for shooting; however we have also integrated a 'take cover' mechanic - when you swipe down, you'll take cover which allows you to strategically pick off the enemy (and dodge their bullets) rather than running straight through them and taking damage. This means you can control your speed more so than an average auto-runner and gives a much different gameplay experience. What is great is that different characters will suit different game play styles - for example one character can barrage through enemies without slowing down and taking too much damage, whereas others are about finesse and precision and much better suited to taking cover often and slowly picking off the enemy.

There will also be points on most levels where you will be forced to 'take cover' and blast through a choke-point that is loaded up with enemies which you would have seen in the trailer.

metalcasket Awesome!! Glad to hear you've enjoyed Earn to Die :) - At this stage we've focused this release on iOS only; however it's something we're looking into for next year, no guarantees just yet though.

christopherrocs - At this stage the minimum device requirement is for iPhone 4S and iPod touch 5th Generation. However with that said we want to continue to optimise the experience for lower-spec devices, however we were not yet able to find a solution that we were happy with - so no guarantees, but we'll try to for the future.

Really enjoying the questions so keep them coming - I'll post up later today with a bit more information on some of the different characters available in the game.

20. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Well I would love to buy of it where iPod 4 optimized