Nutty Fluffies (By Redlynx)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Sep 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Trials and MotoHeroz developer RedLynx is now exacting its familiar physics-driven punishment on soft, defenseless plushies. Its new iOS game, which is genuinely called Nutty Fluffies, reveals what booth toys get up to when the fairground shuts down: they ride the roller coasters and get horribly mangled when you don't keep the vehicle right-side up.

Alright, the cartoonish visuals don't exactly convey that level of imagined horror, but it's hard to brush off roller coaster accidents when they involve little stuffed creatures. Nutty Fluffies is an instinctual test of momentum and speed – and instead of balancing a bike, as you did in Trials, you're trying to keep a string of connected cars in tune with the track, even as it leaves momentarily to collect hearts. Succeeding is a matter of swiping forward across the screen to increase speed, even while in the air, and swiping backward to decrease it.

There's more to the iOS game than that, of course, with specific animals bestowing bonuses after you purchase them for your empty cars. Also, the vehicle itself can be extended, with the implicit warning that a long coaster is about as graceful as a drugged centipede. Whee!

Ubisoft hasn't yet shared a release date more specific than "2012."
    http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/06/redlynx-imperils-plushies-in-nutty-fluffies-for-ios/

[​IMG]

2. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Looking forward for this one :)

3. just_jeepin

just_jeepin Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Graphic Designer
    Cincinnati, OH
    My boys will be interested in this!

4. jenkki

jenkki Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    RedLynx
    Helsinki, Finland
    hi all, thanks for your interest in Nutty Fluffies! There is more information and screens shots about the game available on our Website, here:

http://redlynx.com/games/nutty-fluffies

We will be releasing a teaser video before the game comes out. As for the release date, can't share an exact date right now, but within 2-6 weeks is reasonable.

Thanks, and let me know if you have any questions about the game, I will be sure to answer them here.

best regards
    jenkki

5. ShiftySamurai

ShiftySamurai Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Redlynx Community Manager
    Hey everyone, just wanted to share some concept art from Nutty Fluffies.

This is most of the roller-coaster carts:

[​IMG]

And this is most of the Plushies:

[​IMG]

Can't wait for this game to come out!

6. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Me either :)

7. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Guys I don`t wanna sound like an totally Asshole but comparing Nutty Fluffies and what we know so far about it I`m unsure if it will have a chance against the upcoming Frontier Coaster Crazy or even against Chillingo`s Madcoaster.

I`m looking forward to see the Teaser Trailer about it because currently I`m kinda not yet ready to get hooked up for it after I have seen what Frontier Developments is creating with Coaster Crazy.

8. ShiftySamurai

ShiftySamurai Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Sanuku, though they all feature roller coasters, they are fairly different game types.

9. jenkki

jenkki Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    RedLynx
    Helsinki, Finland
    Thanks for posting those Shifty, that looks good.

Looks like we have a release date now so look for some more info soon! And any other questions please let us know.

10. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Yes, from all those Im not interested in Frontiers new sim (its a sim after all) and MadCoaster has been long deleted from my iPhone and long ago, so I think you can do well and wish you good luck :)

11. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Thanks for raising me hope. Really looking forward for that Teaser Trailer :)

12. jenkki

jenkki Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    RedLynx
    Helsinki, Finland
    The teaser trailer is here and we have a release date - November 1st! Enjoy! :)

Teaser Trailer

13. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Next wek is gonna be so great ;)

14. jenkki

jenkki Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    RedLynx
    Helsinki, Finland
    We've added a ton more of great Nutty Fluffies art to our Facebook page, be sure to check it out here.

15. ShiftySamurai

ShiftySamurai Member

Feb 13, 2012
    MoDojo has a review of Nutty Fluffies up. 4/5, might convince someone to pick it up tomorrow*.

*Pick it up tomorrow! :D