Sword & Poker 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Deadpoolite, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadpoolite

Deadpoolite Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Information and screens taken from Developers site.

http://iphone.gaia-games.jp/swordandpoker2/app_en.html

[​IMG]

■Title:Sword & Poker 2

■Release Date:Coming soon !!

■Price:TBD

■Platform:iPhone / iPod touch

■ Description

"Sword & Poker 2” is a new type of game that is based on the famous game, poker, with some elements of RPG added.

The easy game control and tutorial will allow you to learn the game system easily, even if you are a beginner!

For those who played the previous game, new tricky dungeons have been added so you can enjoy a fresh challenge.

Collect new magic and weapons, use your knowledge, creativity and a bit of luck to win the battles against the monsters!

《 Story 》

This is a story of a magical world based on cards.

After successfully recapturing the stone of creation from evil hands, the brave warrior returned to his hometown and lived peacefully away from the hustle.

While his memories from the numerous battles were fading out, the warrior has sensed a tremendously dark shadow covering the entire continent.

Realizing his destiny, the warrior finds his old armor full of scars, holds his weapon tight and silently closes his eyes.

....another story of a brave warrior is about to begin.

■ Game Features

* Experience a new game style in the form of a fusion between poker and RPG.
    * With the help of the tutorial function, you will find the game easy to play even if you are not a big fan of RPG games or don’t know how to play poker.
    * Pause anytime and play again from where you last stopped using the resume function.
    * The save slots allows you to save up to 3 data on one iPhone.
    * Play against another player using only one iPhone/ iPod Touch device.
    * Listen to your favorite music while playing the game.

2. Jyankee30

Jyankee30 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    New York
    Nice, the first one was fun. I'm sure this one should be fun.

3. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Whats the difference gona be between the first one and the second one?

4. Deadpoolite

Deadpoolite Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    From what little info we have right now I can see the following will be new in this one:

-New Dungeons
    -New Monsters
    -New Magic
    -New Weapons
    -3 save slots

5. IndyApps

IndyApps Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Heck Yeah! Nice to see another one coming!

6. xFinch713x

xFinch713x Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Were there even any updates to the first one that added more levels? If so, I didn't notice them.. I know devs need money too, but why not any worthwhile free updates? :\

7. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Instant buy. I don't care that it's not an update since I definetly under payed for the first one.

8. NolbertoS

NolbertoS Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Seems they have an overworld map. That's one thing I'm glad they considered as the game is very fun. I think the battles should be harder and if they can add experience points in the way of levellingbup your character by going through various dungeons before challenging the big boss, could turn this game intothw final fantasy of poker rpg's

9. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Loved the first one so I can't wait for the second one. :D

10. yankjenets

yankjenets Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    How many poker rpg's do you know...

11. The Dangertron

Sep 19, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Haha, my thoughts exactly.

Not sure if I will buy this game or not. Despite enjoying the first game, by the end I got pretty bored with it. I hope they add some new features.

12. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    From the looks of it, all they're doing is adding levels, new enemies, and a new level changing system.... I was hoping for online play but w/e

13. beachmusic

beachmusic Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    I hope they add some challenge into this game. I got bored of the 1st one quickly, Way too easy for my taste.

14. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    although i will most probably buy...i dont feel at all its a new game its should have been dlc...not a separate game....
    when you add need levels or monsters...its not a new game..its an update...should be dlc at whatever price
    and should have added online multiplayer....the playing on the same iphone screen is a stupid thaught...at least bluetooth...
    again it should have been dlc....or any added levels in any game would have been a new game...why then they invented the dlc !!

15. NolbertoS

NolbertoS Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    for all I know, their could probably be more in japan that wasn't released on the app store. I was mostly talking in context to, them having the poker RPG market locked up with a good brand name game and indie developers who imitate their product won't fare well. If they keep making more improvements, they're bound to maybe go port their games to XBLA and PSN if they haven't already. I see great potential in this franchise to go places.