Universal Plague Inc. - (by Ndemic Creations)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ndemic Creations, May 26, 2012.

1. abbad0n

abbad0n Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Any chance you can convert to a text file for easier viewing on other platforms?

2. erialis

erialis New Member

Nov 1, 2012
    USA nukes China!

just gotten this achievement and i thought i would share with everyone. thanks for all the tips and tricks and advice!

my path: GOD cheat, start in russia (well, proven that starting country doesn't matter at all), extreme zoonosis only, swine flu combo (still no achievement) + all nonlethal symptoms + path to insanity & coma, full abilities.

NOTE: i managed to keep most countries in general disruption and close to anarchy. anarchy = no government = no nukes. as of this screenshot, USA is close to anarchy, china is in widespread disorder, russia is close to anarchy.

news path: pres ill, spalin took office, usa threatens china, usa nukes china.

checking my newsfeed, probably the other factors to trigger the nuking would be x number of human experimentations and x number of fallen countries (as of the nuke, i have 0 destroyed countries, 18 fallen countries, and at least 20 human experimentations.)

seeing the nuke message: generals paralyzed... i guess paralysis and coma is needed too.

hope these helps.

[​IMG]

3. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Awesome. Thanks for the info

4. AJT

AJT New Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Doctors: There is no plague.
    Hosts: Well then we are rioting!
    I would have thought people would think my disease was a normal cough.

5. Kayg0000

Kayg0000 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    Achievements guide

Jpeg and Text versions. The site has quite small limits on text and document sizes.

Attached Files:

6. GSJ1977

GSJ1977 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    Just reinstalled this game. Last time I played it was at version 1.2 I think. I like it much better now. Previously there was a rather straightforward path to victory (almost a shortcut) that worked for nearly all the disease types, but that seems to have been fixed and the game seems much more organic now. The various plague types feel more different from each other as well, now that the game is forcing me to play properly. I've just finished beating all the plague types on Brutal and it was more challenging than before. Fungus is still the hardest though! I beat Neurax Worm on my first attempt (Brutal difficulty again) which was unexpected. I guess I got lucky?

Anyway, I've increased my star rating to 4/5 and I bought a couple IAPs as a way to say thanks to the developer for the updates. However I noticed something odd... I only have a few genes unlocked. The game says they all unlock through play, but I've beaten everything on Brutal and only half of them are unlocked (and some of those I unlocked with the aforementioned IAPs). So what do I have to do to unlock the rest?

7. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    #867 Kayg0000, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
    Genes

You get one (random) gene for each game you win, any virus type, any difficulty. There are 25 genes in total so you have to play and win 25 games. The one you get is random from from you have left to get, so you always get new one, until you have them all.

The feature where save games persisted and could be reloaded after a win was disabled to prevent people saving a game near the end, wining, getting a gene, reloading, repeat for all 25. You have to play 25 full games.

8. GSJ1977

Jul 6, 2012
    Okay cool, thanks!

9. sophisticated.gamer.

Nov 1, 2012
    Anyone knows how to get president ill and get him replaced quickly? I'm impatient so I used unlimited DNA, evolved every transmission and drug 1,2
    Heat and cold to max. Got the world, do swine flu, nothing happens. Did I do anything wrong?

10. Ndemic Creations

Ndemic Creations Well-Known Member

You will be pleased to know that this is already very high up my 'cool list'!

Save & continue - no plans at the moment. Why do you want it?
    Longer names - I want to do this in the future but will need some changes to text handling as there are a lot of events etc which need to factor in length

I wanted to make sure people got something from every victory :)

Wow - maybe I need to make it harder :p

Nice work!

I'm glad you are enjoying it. What do I need to add to get the full 5 stars? ;)

11. sophisticated.gamer.

Nov 1, 2012
    Don't worry I got it to nuke Russia. How do u post pictures?

12. GSJ1977

Jul 6, 2012
    Oh that's just the wannabe game critic in me. But I won't turn down an opportunity to indulge it!

Seems you made a conscious decision to hide most of the game rules/mechanics from the player. While I agree that keeping some things hidden is good, I think you hid too much. It's not a problem to me anymore, but I remember when I first started playing... figuring things out was ALL trial and error. The help is minimal. Take DNA points for example. Most of them just appear with no explanation of how you got them. It turns out that you get a limited trickle of free DNA points at the start, which is fine except that the game never tells you this, which meant I couldn't understand why I got a few dozen DNA points for infecting my first country and then a fraction of that for the second. The help says that Severity gives you more DNA but not how/when you get that DNA, and the aforementioned trickle made it very difficult to work out why I was getting less DNA points in the middle of the game despite my Severity being higher than it was at the start of the game. The help says to imagine the plague is real, but the DNA points are pure gameplay mechanics and nothing to do with reality. They should be explained better IMO.

Another design choice I don't like is the popping of bubbles. It's tedious and doesn't add to the challenge. If a lot of bubbles appeared at once I used to pause the game to pop them all. How is that fun or challenging? The new gene makes the problem go away, mostly, but of course it has to be unlocked at random or purchased with IAP and even then you still have to pop cure bubbles. I'd rather just focus on the strategy, but maybe that's just me.

There are other minor issues. The news feed doesn't go back very far, so older news items are lost before long, and there's no way to have it filter out stuff you aren't interested in. It's a bit of a problem when, for example, you're trying to remember which symptom it was that scientists increased their understanding of at the start of the game. Also the graphs and tables could be presented better. But those things are nitpicks really.

It's a good game IMO. 4 stars from me is a good score. You should see what I give the rest of the crap on the App Store. ;)

13. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    I'm not sure how to or if you can direct from iPad/iPhone etc. I end up syncing to my PC and using "manage attachments" whilst posting via web browser on PC. Manage attachment appears below the area for text in your post

14. abbad0n

abbad0n Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Thank you!!

15. nyos

nyos New Member

Nov 2, 2012
    hi guys

im new here and just wanted to say a few things:

@ndemic: really love the game, great job! :)

@kayg0000: In your achievement guide is a small error, for the nuke achievement its: cold2 for russia, bird2 for china

16. mylittlepony48

mylittlepony48 New Member

Nov 2, 2012
    I have nuked russia but i dont know how to nuke china. FOr Russia all you have to do is get spalin elected as president and then upgrade to the paralysis symptom and she will Nuke Russia.

17. mylittlepony48

mylittlepony48 New Member

Nov 2, 2012
    I have nuked russia but i dont know how to nuke china. To nuke Russia all you have to do is get spalin elected as president and then upgrade to the paralysis symptom and she will Nuke Russia.

18. sophisticated.gamer.

Nov 1, 2012
    I did that challenge, i was kinda trying to show my friend how do the us nuke Russia achievement but somehow I got us to nuke china....

Who is Spalin anyway? Finished all achievements except spaceman :(

19. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    #879 Kayg0000, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
    Nuke

To Nuke. Do not use bird 2 or cold 2.
    Once Sarah Pailn (Spalin) voted in add bird 2 for nuke china or cold 2 for nuke Russia. It is that easy to chose who you nuke, as long as you do not use bird 2 or cold 2 along the way.

Will update my get achievement guide and repost. As pointed out my posting on page 87 has bird and cold around the wrong way

20. APG

APG Member

Sep 2, 2012
    198 Days

New personal record for Insane Bolt achievement - 198 days
    (used ATP Boost, Native Biome, Sympto-Stasis, Base Oxidation, and Extremophile)

198 days.jpg