Universal Calculator: The Game (by Simple Machine)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by AlecDawson, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Ugh. Not only did the game crash every time there's a portal and a division sign, but I closed the app after seeing the "ending" and now it crashes on startup. Based on the leaderboards, there are still a few more levels to be found, so this is really disappointing.

2. Patrick Egan

Patrick Egan New Member

Jul 17, 2017
    I'm having the same problem as you, and I'd like to see if there is a way to continue building on my record or replay the game (also, your website helped a lot, thanks).

3. AlecDawson

AlecDawson Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Wow you all left a ton of amazing feedback!!! We did get the game down to around 65 MB, today working on pushing an update with localization and fixes to some of the levels/the crash at the end.

It was the current end (we erased some problem levels)! Working on creating additional buttons and levels this week, let us know if you have any cool ideas for buttons!

Also, if you do find a level takes less steps thank you for posting it. That's not on purpose haha.

4. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    In that case
    level 194 in the new update can be solved with two to spare! (x2, 5, 5)

5. Infinite Zero

Infinite Zero Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2013
    As far as I am concerned, this is the new Threes. Well done!

I will send some money your way as soon as the IAP for the ad removal is available.

6. AlecDawson

AlecDawson Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Oh geez you guys are good! I'll take a look at that level now.

Wow that is some very high praise! Thanks @Infinite Zero. And the IAP for ad removal should be available, if you click on the hints button with no hints available it should take you to the purchase page.

7. Applepen

Applepen Active Member

Jul 14, 2017
    Can I

Hey, my math is very bad, so am I able to play this game as well? Thanks:):eek:

8. Infinite Zero

Sep 13, 2013
    You'll be at a disadvantage, but many stages involve pattern recognition as much, if not more than math.

9. AlecDawson

AlecDawson Member

Aug 12, 2016
    You can definitely play! It's a mix of math and logic, so you don't have to be a math wizard to get too far. We are also introducing daily hints (by watching a rewarded video) at the end of the week in case you get stuck on a particular level.

10. brianj22

brianj22 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2016
    I have to say, I've always been really impressed with Simple Machine. Your games fit the name of your studio so well and despite their simplicity they are always really fun and tend to provide more depth than what initially meets the eye. Super responsive too which is always important. Lucky 21 to me is THE quintessential blackjack game on mobile. Approachable, but with a twist, and still fun for fans of blackjack. Can't tell you how many blackjack games I played that always provided 10 minutes of free gameplay before asking me to purchase chips.

And now you've made math fun for me. And I HATE math I'm just so bad at it. Thank you dev.

PS if you can figure out how to make music theory a fun little game like this, that would be something.

11. Applepen

Applepen Active Member

Jul 14, 2017
    Wow, then I think it is worth a try. Thank you very much!!!:D

12. Applepen

Applepen Active Member

Jul 14, 2017
    Thanks for reassuring me. Just downloaded and I'm loving it so far!

13. AlecDawson

AlecDawson Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Glad you enjoy it! Haha we will try on the music theory, that's a fun challenge

14. Infinite Zero

Sep 13, 2013
    Anybody else want a functional calculator mode as an unlockable bonus?

15. momoking

momoking Active Member

Jul 17, 2017
    Looks cool. Will be back with more impressions.

16. momoking

momoking Active Member

Jul 17, 2017
    Well, i have just passed a few levels. I think it's a good game to play on the bus/train.
    No timekeeper & No forced ads.
    But I assume it will be harder in the higher level. I'll just recommend it to my mates who love maths.

17. #Bonk3rZ

#Bonk3rZ Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    top of the world
    Please ... no forced localisation. That's one of the worst "features" ever. People should be allowed to choose on their own which language they want to play with. And being forced to cope with no sense google translations is a serious bummer, and usually a game killer for me.

Btw, I'm on "niveau" 70 ...

18. AlecDawson

AlecDawson Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Hey, we are actually going to incorporate this now. Would you prefer the default to be your language or English? We did pay for translation but it obviously wasn't very good :(

19. miawwwn

miawwwn New Member

Jul 21, 2017
    Nice game!
    2 requests though:
    1. Give us a "no ads IAP", and one that is completely unrelated to the hint system. You are probably underestimating the number of players who will never touch the hint button.
    2. A very disturbing detail: the numbers don't match their "shadow" on the LCD any more. Sorry I don't know how to describe it, please see attached screenshot: the digits are bigger than they should be and don't fit where they should.

Attached Files:

20. Applepen

Applepen Active Member

Jul 14, 2017
    Hints

Maybe there should be more free hints. Lol:D