Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    All the world needs is a lil love <3

What's your BP today Aly? How are you otherwise?

Did you see also I posted for you a way to reply so the quotes show up, and the box doesn't think you didn't type anything.

Game Center points. Ahh wouldn't that be nice if they were bux? :)

2. Flysher

Flysher Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Hmm, odd. Thanks for the reply, ill keep trying.

3. ltbaxter

ltbaxter Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Software Developer
    Midwest, USA
    A little somethin' for you

Just sent you a pair of Mapples, Castlepage :D
    That's a thank you for your most excellent and kind replies and strategies over the last few pages. Enjoy!

4. seattleheli

seattleheli Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Damn, I was hoping it was bux like Tiny Tower!

5. matma92ser

matma92ser Active Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Update Ideas - Plane Wish List

Thought it would be fun to come up with a wish list for future rare plane additions:

* C-5 Galaxy (class 3): 2 passenger, 8 cargo; special ability to fill four cargo with one class-1 plane (imagine loading two fully loaded Sea Knights in the C-5)

* Space Shuttle (class 2): 3 passenger, 1 cargo; similar specs to Starship will make it expensive to fly, but it would look awesome, and being a class 2 plane will make it a good combo with...

* Cloudlifter 747 (class 3): 4 passenger, 6 cargo; similar to Cloudliner but with a single deck only; special ability to carry a single class-2 plane on top of the roof, in lieu of the 6 cargo

* V-22 Osprey: (class 2): 3 passengers, 3 cargo; first class 2 helicopter; similar to Sea Knight but faster and longer range

Here's my second idea: Imagine if we had global events where you had blue jobs plus the mystery parts were non-rare plane parts (either class 1 or class 2). The event would be to collect mystery parts to assemble the planes, and then use the C-5 or 747 to deliver planes to the event city. Instead of 50 jobs as the minimum, make it 50 jobs plus 10 or 20 event planes. And of course, the prize would be an ultra-rare plane like the C-130, Space Shuttle, etc...

Got plenty more but let's hear some of your ideas!

GC: matma92ser

6. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012

Agreed, though don't see how it wouldn't be a Class 3 (Or even Class 4... ) Plane.

It would hold more too. 7 Passenger, 3 cargo at the very least, or there could also be a 3 passenger, 7 cargo version.

I'm hoping for a spaceshuttle too!

I would like to see Mystery Parts be a permanent (or more frequent) feature, not only during global events. But i guess that would make it real easy for people with 50-100 plane fleets to get everything super quick. My thought was that there could be a mystery part randomly as cargo with a random part inside, much like the random part you get when opening an airport.

I also think they could, in the future, evolve this game to include the original trains and add boats too. :D

7. lewishenson

lewishenson Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    I've said it beforeĀ… aircraft carrier. :D

8. Angelxz

Angelxz Active Member

Jul 19, 2012
    USA
    I'd be all about landing planes on a moving air craft carrier!!

9. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    #11889 CastlePage, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
    Thank you LTBAXTER and SlightlyNorth for the mapples :D:):D I'm over the moon.

I shall name them Baxtr and Larry and North and South (Or SlightlyNorth suggest a name?) after you all. :)

10. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    Still needing Concorde controls,

Have Concorde engine to trade
    As well as many rare planes and any from the market

Please help

11. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Wow, a lot of posts to read!

With these 6 airports configuration, you should have 6 dedicated Aeros M or Sequoias M as Bux sitters, working in pair.

And a second fleet with other planes like Sequoias M or Cyclone Ms or whatever. They should go from one place to another. Take Bux layovers in airport A to airport B, fill the plane with coin job to the airport B and get the 25% bonus delivery.

Hey, Castlepage and others have responded already, but I'll add my 2 cents anyway, even if it's more or less the same answer :D

1/ Update your airports fully beginning with the extreme ones.
    2/ Buy a few more plane slots when you can.
    3/ add sequoias or aeros M. Don't upgrade them unless needed.
    4/ Make coins
    5/ Once you feel coins are flowing in, have upgraded all your airports, and have about 20 plane slots, you can upgrade your planes
    6/ Add Rio/SP and Cairo to the mix
    7/ and then focus on the Bux strategy, less on coins.

I also have LA/NY, got rid of Chicago. I like LA for its high Bux jobs. It's the exception to the dual hub. I just fly the LA Bux plane to unload layovers in NY. But I don't swap it with the NY Bux sitter, this one goes to Paris unload. And I send them back quickly without filling them up.

And yes focus on Sequoias first, then once you need speed or less coins, turn to Cyclones, Cloudliners don't work well in this strategy.
    ;)

12. Chewbacca

Chewbacca Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    #11892 Chewbacca, Jan 8, 2013
    I have literally 30 pages of posts to catch up on, but wanted to say that this cracked me up. Plus, thanks for all the greetings thrown in there too guys. I laughed, and felt warm and fuzzy.

Now to read and catch up...

Edited to add: Done catching up. Wow. You guys are a funny bunch! I love all of the great pics, keep them coming! Great advice given too, thanks all. I'm sorry that I didn't get to say Bye to Misha!!

13. Slightlynorth

Slightlynorth Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    I have a Concorde Engine and I would love to get the other two parts.

I can offer any number of Hot Air Balloon, Starship, Blimp, Huey, Sea Knight, Kringle Kruiser, and of course Mapples!

5 full Mapples for your Concorde Body and Controls? I would make that trade. Anyone out there have the two parts I am missing and willing to trade?

14. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    I just took my BP...it is 98/66 with a heart rate of 101. The nurse was pleased to hear that. It's weird; when I was first diagnosed 7 years ago (age 15), I had hypertension for YEARS! I remember my initial BP being something like 170/100!!! And for years without BP medication it was 140-150. Then, during Sep 2012 my weight & BP both decided to miraculously and steadily decrease. At that time my normal weight was 130lbs. Now it's 92-100lbs! And my BP had been like 112-130. good stuff. And now because of MY stupid mistake, my BP was initially running 50-80 and now it's 80-110. Am I being "clear as mud?" (lol I can't remember who keeps saying that in response to my questions. :p So yeah...I'm doing well, thank you. Just woke up. It is almost 9am. My boss is doing a book signing today at Applebee's at 11 so I get to work AND eat! It should be good cuz I've got that empty feeling in my stomach saying EAT!!!! haha So I will :)

I sure did! I'm trying it now, I hope it works! Thanks a lot for taking the time to address that for me. And in such a clear way!

*Edit: How did you get the picture, though?! Is it a screenshot??*

15. Chewbacca

Nov 3, 2012
    Aly- My BP is usually 90/60 walking, 80/50 sitting, and 70/40 if I haven't had enough to drink. I'm on Beta Blockers which makes things worse. Make sure you're watching your dose carefully! Better to split it in half and take too little, then to take too much. When my BP falls too low my heart is not happy. Feel better!

16. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA

Thank you, Chewbacca, but you've misunderstood me. When my BP and weight miraculously steadily declined, I was taken off BP medication. Aside from what's happening to me now, I have normal BP and am not on any BP medication.

(I am on dialysis, though; my BP may be so low because I've dehydrated myself by using fluid that is too strong)

17. Chewbacca

Nov 3, 2012
    I did misunderstand you. I thought that you were taking your Mom's BP meds. Either way, feel better!

18. Slightlynorth

Apr 24, 2009
    Got me a Concorde Body so all I need now is the Controls!

Anyone want to trade for some Mapples?

19. tfrichards92

tfrichards92 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    #11899 tfrichards92, Jan 8, 2013
    If you are just running these six airports (boring, yes), do you check the IST/Cairo pair which are waypoints in your end-to-end trip?

Do you populate the two ends with 4 Aero-M/Seq-M's and deliver via 2-4 Seq-M's to the far ends? Stop in IST Westbound/Cairo Eastbound to layover and return?

Sorry for these dumb questions it's just hard for me to picture it in my head yet.

Different question: do plane upgrades survive a hangar/reactivation?

thanks again in advance,

tim

20. Slightlynorth

Apr 24, 2009
    Yep!