Find Great Deals on Games -- and Win $10 iTunes Gift Card (5-10 winners)

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Panabee1979, May 20, 2013.

1. Panabee1979

Panabee1979 Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Tekiki is back, and we would like more feedback on our iOS app discovery site. And we are giving away 5-10 $10 US iTunes gift cards!

We show games that go from paid to free, but with two twists: (1) we only show apps rated 4+ stars; and (2) we make browsing easy by organizing deals into game categories (e.g., action, word). Other sites usually lump games into one category, forcing you to wade through apps you may not care about -- much like lumping men's clothing and women's clothing onto one sales rack.

Details:

1) Click this link to www.tekiki.com.
    2) On this thread, say which of the apps you like the most. If you don't see one you like, say instead what type of apps you would like featured.
    3) Give feedback! Let us know what you like and dislike about the site, and how we can improve your experience. One note: we have a mobile app, but you can't find it on the iTunes Store. Ask for details if you're unsure how to install it.

So here is where the contest gets interesting. We are offering 5 $10 US iTunes gift cards for contestants. However, if we get 100 unique people to share feedback, we'll throw in an additional 5 $10 US iTunes gift cards! So the more people who post, the greater your chances become!

You must post feedback in this thread by Friday, May 24 at 11:59 PM. Winners will be notified via PM and the winners will have 24 hours to respond to the PM; otherwise, a new winner will be chosen.

Good luck!

2. Game.PN

Game.PN Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Going to the prison called "School"
    Earth,Milky Way
    #2 Game.PN, May 20, 2013
    Last edited: May 20, 2013
    I like angry birds to be featured on Tekiki,I like the site because giving games for free,maybe there's an app of tekiki so we can be notified for the new games.I dislike the page because some the game are actually free like the lil birds which is free!

3. returnity

returnity Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Well it always helps to throw in a little bit of hi-profile apps to get attention. None of the apps there caught my interest really since I haven't heard of them. If I got it correctly, you're trying to be a "free my apps" alternative, but you should do that more clearly IMHO.. And if you're doing it with unknown apps you need to give reasons to the users for downloading these apps like reward points etc...

4. background

background Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Auditor
    I like stragety games mostly. Your site is neat, organized and well-informed, but most of the apps do not interest me a lot.

5. nerdherd

nerdherd Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    I like cute games most.
    Such as CUT the rope type.
    The web is nice than last time
    Thanks for the chance

6. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I want to see adventure games or HOGS.

7. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    #7 Infinity89, May 21, 2013
    Last edited: May 25, 2013
    I really liked your application and its concept.Simple and neat.There are a few things I liked.Rating is good.They are now featured more appropriatly than before.
    But I think by adding a few side icons would be great and a wishlist.I see you only show free apps but you could add a few paid apps with small prices.Like featured free and paid types this will increase the possibilities and create very comfort.
    As for the app I had already added it to my home screen last time.
    Great Work!!!

8. shawy

shawy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    could add comments functions let people to comments link with facebook or twitter.
    i like action games.
    games type could be more Detailed

9. Bartow

Bartow Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2012
    i like productive applications best.
    i fould it could not work sometimes on Internet Explorer.
    It works well on Safari

10. garret44

garret44 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    This is an interesting site, reminds me of the app shopper app. I deleted it because there were a lot of games to sift through. This is a cool idea having high rated price drops. I love tiny troopers and this site can be very useful

Thanks 4 the gift card opportunity!

11. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Site looks great, colorful and unique. I don't think anything should be changed or improved, but you could add racing games and arcade games on your site. Everyone loves them typical games.

12. khuanoz

khuanoz Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Just a free bump from me for being an awesome app discovery site, hope you guys can gradually improve and make it so that it would be an easier and more rewarding experience to discover apps =)

13. picohero

picohero Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2012
    You guys have a fantastic site with great interface! I was just wondering if you could lower the RAM required? The site keeps crashing my iPod

14. Shiatama_0

Shiatama_0 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    unfortunately no app caught my eye on your site.
    What i like is that you changed the button to go to the appstore (now download, before view more)
    I would like to see more games on your site (puzzle games or action games)
    There are too many apps from other categories like lifestyle , music etc
    When you go to the site with the games for example, you can't choose to see every possible rating ( 4 4.5 and 5 stars) and then choose universal and then you see all these games. that would be better

Thanks for the contest

15. I took a look at your site again and noticed that you are featuring RunKeeper, Walk with Map My Walk, Pocket (Formerly Read It Later), etc. I have used RunKeeper and Pocket. They are both great apps IMO. While it is true that they were paid apps at one point, they have both been free for more than 1 year and they are not going back to be paid apps that I know of.

The layout of the web site may be optimized for mobile devices but on larger screen desktop browsers, I would prefer multi column listings to fill up the screen space so I don't need to scroll as much.

Good job and best of luck.

16. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    I'm really digging Drainspotting Extras in the free books section! It's such a small app but the manhole arts are very lovely! I love those bizarre stuff from Japan :D

Your site looks great and functions well. There is quite a lot of unused space, I was expecting to see more apps per page. But I guess it should be fine if you're to browse the site on an iPhone or iTouch.

17. .Asa

.Asa Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Wow this site is awesome. I liked Pocket and Defence Energy.
    I think you should have an option to see all games at once cause I'm into pretty much any type of game.
    I bookmarked the site and will be coming back for sure.

18. Panabee1979

Panabee1979 Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Thanks for all the feedback guys! Please keep it coming!

19. ronit

ronit Well-Known Member

May 12, 2011
    Blogger
    US
    I would like you to add Gameloft games for the free list :p considering they are the most costly ones I purchase.

Site is nice and clean, glad that you only shortlisted 4+ rating, as it would be easier to find good apps. However, you should also give an option to choose low rating apps, considering there are plenty of apps/games below 4+ rating which are mind blowing, its just that they havent received enough feedback or rating to get short listed.

It would be great like by default give 4+ rating app discovery, but give users an option to choose below 4+ rating apps/games. Good luck and thanks for the contest.

20. FrankiePard

FrankiePard Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2013
    First impression is that it's very clean and very good on the eyes.
    From the surfing I did i would like to see a personal touch from you guys by adding your own opinion on certain apps.
    Also would be a nice idea to do a pick of the week type of thing.

Also would rather have the genre bar vertically placed so you dont need to scroll up when wanting to go to another genre.

App I liked the most is VPN.
    Very handy :)