Universal Iron Man 3 - The Official Game - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 24, 2013.

1. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Anyone update this yet? Is the new location worth the update?

2. Anything changed on update?

3. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    There's a whole new area to fly thru and a few new armors, but I don't have the space to update this huge app. Let me know if its worth it, and I'll back up my save, delete it, and install the updated version.

4. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Couldn't find the save file, so I had to start over when I reinstalled with latest update. File size is smaller thankfully. And now you no longer have to wait for suits to repair themselves.

Now there is an Activate Bonus Code option which I would love to do. Anyone know of any Bonus Codes? I'd just love to be able to at least unlock everything that I used to have unlocked before the update.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I have backed up my save file, but im not sure if it'll work when restoring. Would love to hear if the update is worth reinstalling the game again. Also, i saw on the update that there's a new powerup that makes farming easier. Could make a greedy game not so greedy y'know. :D

6. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah the game has become much more balanced. I've already unlocked 4 or 5 new armors in a few days of playing not very often. Can't wait to someday unlock that Mark 42 and play without those old timers. You can unlock previous purchases I think, but I've never purchased any though. The two new locations are great. Space especially.

But don't know if your saves will work. I tried replacing the files in the app's documents and library folders, but with the new update, they didn't seem to work, and it started at the beginning. Which file is the save file for this game?

7. How is this game running on ipad 4's with ios 7? Any framerate issues?

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Loaded this up on my ipad air, used my backed up save file, and it loaded perfectly.

I am impressed with the balance Gameloft implemented here.

I dont see any timers that prevent you from playing your favorite armors anymore, as I dont see any "repair" times now. Just played with my Mk42 3 times in a row.

Im not sure if building armors has a timer, but having no repair time means it's a play-all-you-want freemium now.

They also added a stark credit doubler, which i think is a good price at $5 considering if you like the game, there is so much to unlock, and the boss fights and the objectives are recurring, each giving you stark credits and boss fights giving you ISO-8 (the premium currency). The doubler will be very very useful here.

Also, they added an ingame pickup that just provides lots of stark credits, and the pickup can be upgraded.

Speaking of upgrades, in addition to the armor upgrades, there are now upgrades that affect all pickups in game, essentially making them upgrades that are useful to all armors.

The new locations Woodlands, Space and Dunes are beautiful, and provide more variety to the obstacles, and the game overall.

The new "armor shop" GUI also works much better than the original "tree system did".

I really loved Iron Man 3's gameplay, but it was seriously hampered by the freemium model mostly because of the timer, but these updates that removed the timers (especially the repair timers) makes this one of the best flight runners for me.

Now there's no way i am deleting this game off my ipad air, and im dropping $5 for the doubler despite it being outside of my weekly budget.

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Finally, building Igor now, and there are still timers on building the armors... 25 hours to complete the Igor.

Again, just confirming there are no repair timers which is what matter most. :)

10. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Igor?! Nice! Yeah, I'll probably get the doubler as soon as I get my new phone. The first time I tried using a backup save, I had the first version on my phone, and it would keep starting over because the update was so different probably. So, hopefully when I get my new phone, it'll work when I transfer the save. I really want to continue. Such a good runner/flier.

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah... Igor's still being built on a timer currently. I only have Mk42 as my top tier armor and basically skipped through everything else to get Igor.

Everything feels cheaper now with all the upgrades and powerups that help with the farming.

Also, the score multipliers are scaling higher and higher as you go farther which is a nice touch. Was able to hit over 3M since i started replaying.

12. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Just started playing this game. Really liking this endless runner.
    I'm considering the coin doubler but obviously one of the biggest items to buy are the armours and those need those blue crystals.
    Will I get enough throughout the game/missions or will I still need to buy more IAP of those crystals?
    I didn't see a place to trade your coins to crystals so a little concerned I may still not be able to buy the nicer armours even with grinding+doubler.
    Can anyone confirm?

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Everytime you defeat a boss, you get crystals. There are also 3 crystals to gather in the game each day. Completing achievements also give out a good amount of crystals.

Early on, Achievements will be your early source of crystal, and later on, the bosses.

One thing i notice though, is that now, there are conditions to meet before a boss appears. Previously, during the dreadful timers galore time, you can fight one boss every 24 hours.

14. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    For flying runners, this controls akwardly and feels like a normal three laner.
    I feel as if verticus beats it when it comes to feeling like flying as the controls there are real good. Here I just feel restricted by only being able to move side to side along the bottom of the screen. Didn't feel like flying, only felt like a standard runner. Oh well, I gave it a chance.

15. zdn1042

zdn1042 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    I used to play this game upon launch. Unlocked MK42 and another top tier armor. Can't remember the name now. I did backed my save up.
    Interesting to hear all the nice new changes they made to the game. Maybe I'll revisit it again some time.

16. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Is the better strategy to dismantle your armours when buying new ones rather than spending the clue crystals on extra slots?

17. OrangeJews

OrangeJews Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Has anyone tried the "unlock" app for this game that's been going around? If love to skip the grind and unlock some new stuff, but the description seems a bit shady, so I'm worried if it might have some unwanted side effects like stealing my info or something.

18. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Never trust those apps. Period.

19. Gameloft_Ryan

Gameloft_Ryan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    Similar saansilt, I'd suggest avoiding any apps like that. 99.9% of the time they aren't safe to use. If you have a link to it though, I'd be interested in checking it out...for science.

20. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    FOR SCIENCE!
    While I dinnae like the game, I played honestly.