Universal Real Racing 3 by Electronic Arts

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by matthew-13, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Curious, does anyone know if the car packs are transferable to other devices? Consumable iaps, like money and gold, are usually not - but with specific cars, it does not sound like a consumable. If they are transferable, I might buy one pack to be able to get those cars for my ipad and for my brother's and his roommate's devices (they are both using my apple account).

2. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Right now you can't unless you transfer the data via mac/pc.

3. What??? This thread was finally getting peaceful lately... :eek:

4. Bambi! Oh the pain! ;)

5. I say switch out all the zombie like ai drivers in RR3, and replace them with sexy female drivers like Natalie Portman. At least they can drive better, and they could add a zooming rear view mirror for some gold coins so we could sneak a peak. Would be nice... ;)

6. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I think he refers to the "restore purchases" button. Obviously it won't restore 1,000 coins, but what about the purchases of car-track packs?

7. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    It should... let me try it and find out. I'll spend a couple bucks to be the goat lol.

edit:

ugh, i'll have to buy them in the NZ app store. I'll have two wait until the US gets it. :( sorry.

8. I have a quick question. When the US version comes out, I will lose all my progress, money and gold coins, and inapps; right? Not going to backup to a computer so that is not an option. Also does this game have icloud, and will my progress save from the New Zealand version to the US version? Thanks.

9. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    You will lose all your progress. It doesn't have cloud services right now. If it does have it when the US version comes out, I don't think the save will transfer over via the cloud. I don't know if it'll even work by mac/pc transferring it over from a NZ app to the US app.

10. racer-007

racer-007 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2013
    #1890 racer-007, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
    Wrong. Just leave the app installed as it is. When the cloud cell backup feature goes live do the backup and then go download from your regular store. If fact for free games I think you might even be able to update across different stores.

Best thing is just leave the game. I have games from 4 stores and they all work just fine.

11. Well, now I am even more confused, anyone else have a take on this issue?

12. synagence

synagence Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Either stick with the NZ version until they finally enable the cloudcell backup functionality or gamecentre backup ... in which case you can save progress ... install local app, restore progress and carry on

Other option is to use an app like iExplorer on the Mac to copy the 'documents' folder from the app to computer and then put it on the local version

13. racer-007

Feb 15, 2013
    Just wondering, what's your levels and overall completion rate? I'm 58 and 29perc nt competed.

14. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Ahhh, thank you for debunking my take. Much appreciated for sure.

15. I like the drag racing in the game, that is kind of cool. Adds a little more variety and reminds me of CSR. Screenshot attached for those of you that haven't played the game yet.

Attached Files:

16. alacourse

alacourse Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2013
    Level 45, 11% completed, 30/16 hrs. But I am replaying events right now... beating friends rewards R$ much more, if you can beat a lot of them that is ;)

17. Xeyad

Xeyad Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    I have 6 cars, level 25, 13 hours played time, 7 hours time raced, and 9% completed.

I replay races to have them all gold cups. :cool:

18. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    Here's a stats update!
    Level 52 / 23% completion

Attached Files:

19. Xeyad

Xeyad Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    #1899 Xeyad, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
    A random sale just appeared in the menu...50% off the GT3 RS...really awesome they're including this now! :D
    Not just showcase tier cars

Attached Files:

20. racer-007

Feb 15, 2013
    People were talking about this just a few pages back...anyway, here's to hoping something like the Bugatti Veyron or Pagani Zonda R go on sale next week :)