Universal Knights of Pen & Paper - (by Behold Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Oct 31, 2012.

1. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    I would be very happy to check every piece of writing for spelling and grammar. :) For the current version and any future patches. Inbox me :)

2. Ozes

Ozes Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2012
    Where is the Tavern

3. Ajohnson1

Ajohnson1 Active Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Ugh... Barbarian's Berzerk spell is useless. He receives back about 50% of the damage he deals. Tried it at level 20 and it nearly killed me. What's the point?

It doesn't say anything in the spell description about receiving damage.

4. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Magic and mp are the same thing. There is no separate magic damage stat. It's just based on mp.

There are a ton of bugged skills. Give it an update or two to get sorted out.

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I'll be sad if this one gets removed. :eek:

6. CamZer0

CamZer0 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    How is a characters luck reduced? And once it is depleted, how do I fill it back up again?

7. Tropxe

Tropxe Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    England
    In my experience, it starts out empty when you load a game up and fills up quite quickly over time. I've never had it drain while playing.

Anyway, bug report: I just loaded up my game and immediately got the achievement for visiting every location. I haven't visited every location, though. I was in Journey Village, if that's relevant.

8. Ajohnson1

Ajohnson1 Active Member

Nov 3, 2012
    it also drains when you die. it seems to fill up when you win a battle or complete a quest.

i really want them to fix the achievement bugs. every time i load the game, i have to sit through about 30 achievement notifications.

9. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Is there a walkthrough or tips page? I just started wanted to get a good start my 3 members are level 5 and I'm getting green apples.

10. huhn

huhn New Member

May 17, 2012
    The Travel fee items are bugged too. They add the % insted of reducing it :(
    Also: the last quest is doable, don't worry about it .

11. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    I started grinding early and often, pretty much at every location each quest brought me to. You're basically mining the locations, because the rewards will diminish as you level up, and it won't be worth it to grind there after a while.

I'm not sure what other people did, but I filled out all five characters pretty quickly. That was before I realized there were other unlockable characters. But I still like my team!

I would just say try out the quests that aren't too high above your level. Some of them can take you to surprising places, and that's part of the fun. And you can always just abandon a quest if it gets too difficult.

What does your party look like?

12. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    #292 bramblett05, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
    The padlin,I believe warrior and Mage
    I did just get the holy grail so I'm farming money

13. gunslinger

gunslinger Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    One of the best rpg for ios.

14. Estrica

Estrica Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Started with Druid, Warrior, then got Mage. Added Monk (Healer?) later, but didn't really like it (even the Druid was stronger at healing), so removed from the party and switched to Paladin, then later added the Berserker.
    I haven't played enough with the Berserker, but it does have pretty nice skills. The Mage is the best of my party. It's passive skill makes it much stronger than the others. Also it's an alien, so nicely regenerating it's mana back. :)
    The Druid is the second best. It's regeneration skill is far better, than the healing skills of the monk/healer. The Warrior is not the best, actually it's very similar to the paladin, if a little worse. It's advantage is it's high threat value, actually almost only this character is attacked. However the paladin is far better at this, having much more HP and the shield skill.

I just found out, that in dungeons, you can tap on the mushrooms and rocks, to get grindstone and mushroom.
    As I used to play AD&D, I really like this game, it's a superb idea. :)

15. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    Do items with regen properties stack? It doesn't seem like they do.
    Just wondering if that's a bug or intentional.

16. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Actually the Cleric is a very decent damage dealer. The smite ability is far better than anything the Druid (or the warrior!) gets in the DPS area from my experience. Of course, skills are not leveled up the same way, so it's tough to compare, but you get both a decent healer and a very competent DPS with the Cleric. As long as you have mana.

17. Ajohnson1

Ajohnson1 Active Member

Nov 3, 2012
    has anyone had any luck against the final boss?
    (spoilers below)

seems near impossible. you need the perfect group composition with the absolute best gear.

if i had to guess, i'd say you definitely need a pally to absorb the bulk of the damage, considering she can potentially hit 3 times for a total of approximately 450. holy shield seems like a must-have. and you need strong group heals for her AOE attack. definitely need a bard, maybe even a cleric too.

i'm thinking i might just equip everyone with +health items. it might be the only way to survive.

18. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    How does initiative work? I see the order that my characters act change from fight to fight. So, it's clearly not static. Anyone have an idea?

19. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    I didn't have any trouble with the last boss at all. Grandma Paladin can take a lot of hit while my mage, hunter and rogue pile on the damage. Cleric just heals once in a while and does smite to deal extra damage.

20. lazypeon

lazypeon Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Really? I beat it at around Level 32 or so -- Warrior, Druid, Mage. Didn't have even a little trouble. It was actually one of the easier fights I've had.