Universal Bike Baron - (by Mountain Sheep & Qwiboo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TimoVihola, Oct 19, 2011.

1. TimoVihola

TimoVihola Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Creative Director at Mountain Sheep inc
    Mirko designed a very sadistic level out of it, even Kimmo had trouble finishing that one :)

Luckily to preserve our mental health Mirko has also been making half a dozen new and less evil levels that are coming in an update soon!

2. Nokage

Nokage Member

Oct 14, 2011
    Another great game today and another purchase. Going to have to do some serious re-organizing of my screen pages.

3. Raro

Raro Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Student
    NZ
    Thank You so much for this! After reading this I finally decided to buy it and am loving it at the moment, although considering it's Mountain Sheep I don't know why I didn't buy it earlier...

Um, this may be a bug, or maybe it's just part of the game but I'd like to double check... After completing a level (with 3 stars if that matters at all) is the next level meant to automatically unlock for you? It never seems to do this so I have to click the unlock button which uses up a star...
    Yeah, just checking, that might be the way it works. :)

4. D. Bida

D. Bida Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Michigan, USA
    Hey guys, just gotta say, the game is freaking amazing! Absolutely loving it and can't put it down. Gonna have to get into the level editor here soon and see what I can come up with.

Of course, don't forget to head on over to the Community Codes post in the General Discussions sections and post your codes. I'll get them up at baronscodes.blogspot.com soon after so you guys can start voting on the levels after you've played them.

You guys are definitely in for a treat with this game.
    As much as I was looking forward to Feed Me Sandwiches and Fruit Ninja: Puss in Boots, I just don't see myself spending more time on them than I will with this.

5. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

That's how it works. Only Joker levels unlock automatically, all other locked levels "cost" you 1 star to unlock them :)

6. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Finally reached the end on extreme 2. Wooooo. Now to go back and 3 star the hard tracks. (already done easy and medium).
    I feel I should issuse a public health warning about extreme track 2 you will lose a small part of your sanity trying to beat this track. :)

7. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Wow, you're very good player! I never finished 2nd extreme level myself, I guess I will need to try harder :D

8. Raro

Raro Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Student
    NZ
    Awesome, thanks so much! :D
    Was just worried that I was doing something wrong ^_^

The game is amazing btw! Can't wait to make some levels.

9. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    :) thanks. 2D trial bike style games are my fav genre I've been playing them since I first discovered elastomania 15 years ago 'ish.
    I'd say now that bike baron is sitting real close to the top of my fav bike games of all time right behind trials hd.

I can see the level editor getting a lot of use. And is there a limit to the never of custom tracks you can have saved?

10. Raro

Raro Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Student
    NZ
    Will there always be codes for the level editor or will there someday be a menu which pops up showing level names, ratings by players, number of downloads, etc. allowing you to download levels without the need to find a code?
    Just thought it would be a cool idea, although I have no idea how hard it would be to implement, etc.
    Until then I'll just use the thread in the General Chat for codes :)

11. O__o

O__o Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2010
    I just played it and it is awesome! Cool art style (except the strange guy in the pub ^^), nice and good working controls, many levels and most important it's great fun! Already one of my favorite games!

PS: As I wish for all games add iCloud savegame sync like the one in Scribblenauts please :).

12. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
  13. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    This game is amazingly awesome. Seriously, buy it now.

14. VonWillebrand

VonWillebrand Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Europe
    Yup, the game is really good and you can tell it was lovingly crafted. In other words, a lot of polish. At first I thought Bike Baron was going to be too easy but the difficulty ramps up as you progress. Gave a 5 star rating for this.

To Timo in Finnish: Loistava peli. Harmi, että App Storessa muodostunut standardiksi tää 0.99$ hinnoittelu...kyllä näistä voisi pyytää helposti joku 4-5e (pelinkehittelijöiden kannalta). Toivottavasti peli pysyy pinnalla!

(translation: ranting about app prices and wishing good luck in the future)

15. caltab

caltab Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    This is a great game. Great presentation, great controls, great fun. It does start of easy, but definately ramps up.

16. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Absolutely a friggin joy to play! If you like this style of game, this is the one! The gameplay, presentation and nearly everything else is slick and amazing. The level editor is simple and intuitive and adds so much replay value to this game.

An absolute steal for this! Wow, just wow!

17. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Game Impressions

This game is simply wonderful! Great controls, lovely art, nice sound effects and pure unadulterated fun! That and user designed levels - you have got to be kidding!? It deserves to be at the very top of the charts. Certainly my game of the week and perhaps my game of the year.

18. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    The level editor is very well designed. I usually dislike making levels in these sort o games but it is very user friendly.

Just to repeat what everyone else is saying, fantastic game! Another solid game by Qwiboo and Mountain Sheep.

19. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    so... sounds like you all think this game sucks, is that what i'm hearing here? ;)

20. deto

deto Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Artist, Developer, Designer
    Wow! You, my friend, are extreme! Congrats! Brilliant job :D