iPad Gridlee: Emulated with MAME4iOS 1.3.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Seleuco, Jan 26, 2013.

1. ActualProof

ActualProof New Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Same here. The constant updating of rom sets is what drove me away from mame long ago (circa 1998). I jumped back in one time in 2009, got the most current emulator and romset, and jumped back out again because every old school game I cared to archive was functioning perfectly. Fast-forward to here and now, and I desperately want to toy with this on my iOS devices - and show my 4 year old son what life was like for us 30-somethings back in the day... My set is too old, which is why none of them are working on this build for me. Updating them is a brain-melter. I'd LOVE a pm from a kind soul who knows a safe place to find a 0.139u1 set and spare me the sleepless nights!!

2. Teremei

Teremei Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2011
    Well I've downloaded 8 versions of Shinobi, the only one that isn't greyed out is (set 6) but that gets the missing CDH message. Anyone get Shinobi working on this? Is so how?

3. Shane Turner

Shane Turner Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Montreal
    Anybody mind PM'ing me info on playchoice setup?

I've already got the things I need, I just need to know how to set it up. Thanks if anyone has the time.

4. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    what version of iexplorer are people using. I have version 2.2.1.5. I added the roms to the roms folder but nothing happens when I open the grindee app.

any help would be appreciated

5. mrangrygrandpa

mrangrygrandpa New Member

Jan 27, 2013
    The 6-player rom version assumes that there is 6 players/joysticks. Imagine if you were to see the 6 player arcade irl each joystick/player # would be assigned and visible near the stick. You would choose the player by which joystick you chose. Most of the time when you do a rom there is 2-player or 4-player. 4 assumes each people chooses their player based on joystick. 2-player lets you choose.

Tl;dr download the 2-player version instead. You can choose the char that way.

6. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    PM for Playchoice 10 help please. I'm having luck with Capcom etc but having Mario on my icade is too tempting!!!

7. minimelo

minimelo New Member

May 8, 2012
    I want to get into this lovefest too, so if anyone could pm me help with play choice would be greatly appreciated

8. baronvilla

baronvilla New Member

Jan 27, 2013
    would also love a pm guys on how to make this work :)

9. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Is it possible to play Mario in landscape mode? When I turn it the buttons fade and go inoperative.

10. Jet_Black

Jet_Black Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Like others on the forum I've no idea on where to start with this :-( Could someone PM me with some help please? I've googled it but cant make head nor tail of the instructions...

11. Anpro

Anpro Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Could someone also pm me to help me get more Mario/etc in my life? Thnx!

12. Inzanedude

Inzanedude Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Student
    Michigan
    Any PM with assistance would be greatly appreciated. I might have it figured out by the time you PM me, but there's a good chance I don't :p

13. Shane Turner

Shane Turner Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Montreal
    Honestly, even after going through countless tutorials, checking sources, datfiles, rebuilding, re-checking datfiles, more rebuilding, 6 hours later the vast majority of compatible titles still give the 'missing' error.

Cool idea though. The things that do work, work well!

14. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    super mario bros 1? works perfect for me in landscape...

15. BruteOutlawz

BruteOutlawz Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Just testing out some games, working well so far. Anyone figured out how to connect the icontrolpad yet? Can see it in the settings but not sure how to connect.

Also im trying to remember the name of a game, it was a side scrolling shooter where you start in a prison cell. the guy you play as is a rambo type character. Vietnam feel to it. 2 players as well

I know thats not a lot to go on but its been 20 years since i played it lol

Hopefully someone remembers it.

16. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    aaaaaaand now it's working. I shut up now.

17. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Yeah, I guess that does make sense. :) I'll see if I can find a 2 player ROM.

18. fish22

fish22 Member

Jan 26, 2013
    How did you even get it to work? Is there a bios I'm missing?

19. Shane Turner

Shane Turner Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Montreal
    #199 Shane Turner, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
    OMG I got playchoice to work by experimenting. :)

(edit, before more ppl PM me, no, I can't get past the start button, if you've figured out how to get that far).

20. baronvilla

baronvilla New Member

Jan 27, 2013
    how mate? Would love a pm!